Jeff Gordon loses it!!!!!

Thread: Jeff Gordon loses it!!!!!

Jeff Gordon loses it!!!!!

I never expected this kind reaction from him, what a circus that incident turned into!! Should be interesting to see what NASCAR decides on this issue between him and Boyer.

Question

What happened in the laps prior to that caused Gordon to react :ques:

Hey All,

Bowyer was an idiot - no reason to mess with Gordon so much. 5 hour energy drink sure helps you run though!

Gordon was an idiot but I understand his frustration.

Burton was an idiot - no business what-so-ever turning Danica - hopefully she turns him back as she did the guy in nationwide.

Brad was an idiot after the race for his attitude and language (F-bombs right and left) in the post race interview - will he lose points?

NASCAR was an idiot(s) - do they know what cautions are for?

Jimmie and Chad were idiots for bringing a sub-par car to the race and Jimmie over-drove it. No surprise that a tire blew although how hard he he hit the wall was bad luck. They should know better.

We'll see next week but I am cheering for both Brad and Jimmie as always.

Really nice for Harvick to win and another W for Richard! Kevin will do well with Stewart-Haas.

Heck of a day! Tuesday will be real interesting!

-Ed-

For Panther - Bowyer ran Gordon into the wall on lap 305 (video at NASCAR dot com) and there were incidents all year - Gordon had enough.

Also Bowyer said the antics at today's race made them (NASCAR drivers) look like retards - using the word like that may cost him even more.
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

I don't think NASCAR was amused by the on and off track antics today. NASCAR will give the final word on Tuesday, but I expect Jeff Gordon and the 24 team will get a spanking.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

SOH-CM-2024
    I think they should give them all extra points for making NASCAR racing interesting to watch again like the good ol' days.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    For Panther - Bowyer ran Gordon into the wall on lap 305 (video at NASCAR dot com) and there were incidents all year - Gordon had enough.
    Thanks...
    For every action there's..........well, you know.
    I suspected that Gordon wouldn't do something like that without some sort of catalyst.......

And finally....
    Not to take away anything from Jimmie & Chad, but one has to admit that as a team, they've been quite charmed in terms of avoiding bad luck.....While other teams experienced it here and there, the #48 team kept on going as if everyone had a halo over their heads. Today, we saw lady luck not on their side for a change......

#2 team has drove hard all year and deserves to be in the position that they're in.....

Ed is right about NASCAR needing a spanking for not throwing a caution after Burton left Danica sitting backwards on the track. I think all those fines go to a charity of some sort, NASCAR should make a large contribution of their own. In the Nationwide race they threw a caution for a car that spun a 360 and kept on going without hitting a thing. We could use some consistency!

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    We could use some consistency!

NASCAR consistent?

I'd like to know why Burton crashed into the 10 car. She was running reasonably ok (13th?) at the time. Seems a little out of character for him.

- Paul
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Question

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    I'd like to know why Burton crashed into the 10 car. She was running reasonably ok (13th?) at the time. Seems a little out of character for him.

- Paul
    Every action has a catalyst - does it not :ques:

Hey All,

I've no idea what is up with Burton but that was pretty classless.

Look at Stewart-Haas with Stewart, Patrick,Newman and Harvick all to be teammates on a four car team using Hendrick Chevrolets. Pretty powerful!

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Whatever happened to that "Ford Advantage" that had a lot of hype :ques:

That being said, "Michael Waltrip Racing" seems like a real sleeper of team - could be quite powerful if they get Vickers full time...

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Every action has a catalyst - does it not :ques:
    No, sometimes you just blunder into something because you were not thinking correctly or you were asleep at the wheel. Remember years ago when Dale Sr bounced off the outside wall several times during a pace lap. Fell asleep!

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    No, sometimes you just blunder into something because you were not thinking correctly or you were asleep at the wheel. Remember years ago when Dale Sr bounced off the outside wall several times during a pace lap. Fell asleep!

True...
    But I meant when one intentionally wrecks another.....

Question

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Hey All,

I've no idea what is up with Burton but that was pretty classless.

Look at Stewart-Haas with Stewart, Patrick,Newman and Harvick all to be teammates on a four car team using Hendrick Chevrolets. Pretty powerful!

-Ed-
    Ryan Newman has been somewhat of an enigma to me at least....
    When he first burst on the scene, his speed combined with engineering degree breathed championship.....His best end of season places were with Penske and he has yet to equal those performances with Stewart-Haas....

Should be a good mentor though....

Ryan Newman has been somewhat of an enigma to me at least....
    When he first burst on the scene, his speed combined with engineering degree breathed championship.....His best end of season places were with Penske and he has yet to equal those performances with Stewart-Haas....

Should be a good mentor though....
    He can't see very well because he can't turn his head much without a neck. It seems to get worse with age.

Gordon was docked 25 points, put on probation until the end of the yaer, and fined $100K.

Brad was fined $25K for having an electronic device in his car. that has been banned since Daytona. Just can't stop using Twitter I guess,lol

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Gordon was docked 25 points, put on probation until the end of the yaer, and fined $100K.

Brad was fined $25K for having an electronic device in his car. that has been banned since Daytona. Just can't stop using Twitter I guess,lol

And now back to lack of consistency....
    Brad was not fined for foul language - but how many other drivers have been fined...

Brad was not fined for foul language - but how many other drivers have been fined...

I was amazed he got away with that at a press conference. Seems detrimental to stock car racing to me!

Once again it is NASCAR's inconsistency with penalties. Maybe they just put him on double secret probation?

NASCAR, get a clue and be consistent. Quit penalizing one driver for something and letting another one off the hook for the same violation. In the age of cameras being everywhere, this shouldn't be all that difficult to enforce.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

With the amount of media hype Danica gets, I'm still surprised we haven't got one side or the other's story on what happened between the 10 and the 31 at the end of the Phoenix race last week. A crash which might just have given BK the lead he needed to win the “champeen-ship” this year. During the qualifying coverage tonight, “Larry Mac” said he spoke to Jeff Burton about it this weekend. I thought, “oh, now we'll get some juicy details”, but no. All Burton said to Larry was “watch the tape really really closely...” What? That's it? I'll guess that means Jeff thought the wreck wasn't his fault, but it looked, from what little coverage we've seen, like he just ran her over. This is weird.

- Paul
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Just after the race he said he just went in too deep, but that interview wasen't televised.

I think Danica still has a lot to learn about stock car racing. I really think that drivers should spend a bare minimum of one full season in the Nationwide Series before they are allowed to run their first Sprint Cup Series race.