MilViz F-86F Sabre Repaints - Page 8
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: MilViz F-86F Sabre Repaints

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Speachless....
    much obliged
    not a problem

Another 4

If the SP changes some of the textures and pilot position, does that mean all of these repaints will have to be redone? I read that the canopy will be slightly changed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    If the SP changes some of the textures and pilot position, does that mean all of these repaints will have to be redone? I read that the canopy will be slightly changed as well.
    just a small adjustment to the anti glare will be required thats all around the front canopy frame

This Old Man working with The Old Man

This old man has been working with the fonts for The Old Man. Just about the best I can do for now.

Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Just messing around Diego, Gunnar's will surely be better.

Doubt that I can do it much better...Bravo!
    Tom: I'll send a PM with a few suggestions

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Fantastic Gunnar, I was just about to upload her for Diego. Looking forward to the PM with your suggestions. I have already made the font smaller. Thanks!!!

Thanks to Gunnar van der Meeren, the fonts have been improved. Here is the final before upload. This one is for Diego Menendez and all Milviz as a thanks for such a great aircraft.

The Black Knight

This is a requested paint, "The Black Knight." I understand it is a fictional scheme but fun to look at. Here you go Trucker17.

Thanks to Gunnar van der Meeren, the fonts have been improved. Here is the final before upload. This one is for Diego Menendez and all Milviz as a thanks for such a great aircraft.

Hey there, I downloaded but could not help but notice that all of the instruction label decals are slightly blurry compared to the Milviz repaints. Did I get the wrong file?

dvj, I check the decals on the uploaded file and you are correct. They are slightly blurry compared to the default paints. I will look into why this is as soon as I get time. Appreciate the heads up. If anyone has an idea please chime in here.

Thanks!!

my guess is that the supplied kit might be a lower quality? If thats true then the textures of smaller text will be a bit blurry. What type of file do you have them saved as? DXT3 or DXT5 DDS files?

The files are all DDS DXT5. I use DXT/BMP to convert the PSD files. The paint kit used is the first one sent out which is the more complex version. I checked Jan's uploads and those stencils are very clear. If Jan sees this posting maybe he can shed some light on why mine as just a little fuzzy. Thanks for any help.

dvj and skyhawka4m, I found the problem. In the saving procedure with DxtBmp, MipMaps was checked and gives mulitple images which is ok for some aircraft but for this one it causes just a slight blurring of the stencils.

Over the next couple of days, I will contact Rami and upload a new file for each paint scheme with the corrections. I will let everyone know when the new files are ready. Shouldn't take long at all. Really appreciate the letting me know about the problem. Sorry for any inconvenience. They should be perfect if possible.

Blog Entries
    This is a requested paint, "The Black Knight." I understand it is a fictional scheme but fun to look at. Here you go Trucker17.

Thx Tom...Looks great....Hanger waiting...

F-86F Stencil Quality Corrected

All my repaints of the Milviz F-86F have been re uploaded again with the MipMaps removed. This clarifies all the stencils and text on the aircraft. There are several other corrections made on several schemes as the learning process develops. The originals are all just ok. I think these are better. Perfection is the goal. Thanks to all who have given suggestions.

All you have to do is substitute the texture file included in the download for the original. You should be good to go.

F-86F Mig Poison

F-86A Punkin Head

F-86A James Jabara

F-86A Golden Apple Operations

F-86A Margie

F-86F Col James Johnson

F-86F Mig Mad Marine

F-86F Maj. F.C. "Boots" Blesse

F-86F Jolley Roger

Reply...

Good evening,

I swapped out the new paints by Stovall for the originals, and bumped them up so you can have easy access to 'em. Now have at it, boys! :salute:
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Wow, much sharper. Nice improvements of great paints. Thanks.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Great job! I appreciate the James Jabara's as a request from me. Well done!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Ive pulled my finger out and uploaded 7 paints today

Portuguese Air Force 5322
    Royal Malaysian Air Force FMI359
    Turkish Air Force 19268
    Peruvian Air Force 169
    Taiwanese Air Force FU-135
    Argentine Air Force C-101
    Italian Air force 4-77

all at http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/index

just finishing off another Spanish and a Pakistani

Thanks Matt, really appreciate the international look. Great job!!

Thanks! I should really get my lazy butt moving and do some Taiwanese repaints.

Anyway, if you don't mind a little nitpicking, the tail marking on Taiwan AF aircraft should comprise of 12 white and blue stripes, representing the 12 rays on the national emblem. Yours is missing the very first white stripe on top.

Quote Originally Posted by MHAircraft View Post
    Thanks! I should really get my lazy butt moving and do some Taiwanese repaints.

Anyway, if you don't mind a little nitpicking, the tail marking on Taiwan AF aircraft should comprise of 12 white and blue stripes, representing the 12 rays on the national emblem. Yours is missing the very first white stripe on top.
    cheers, i will fix that up, the pic I was working off wasnt the best, but thats an easy fix

fixed and uploaded

opps i forgot to add

I will upload the final 2 tomorrow, thats its for me for now