MilViz F-86F Sabre Repaints - Page 7
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: MilViz F-86F Sabre Repaints

Kommodore Erich Hartmann's aircraft has just been uploaded and should be available soon for download.

During the search for info, it appeared that there were at least three mounts that were used by this WWII ace. Two of them were camouflaged and retained my attention as I was looking to do a camo repaint...

I have opted for the "early" type with full placards and black lettering and numbers which probably saw the most use by Hartmann as compared with the late type which did not sport all the placards and had white bordered lettering and numbers.

Special attention was given to the nose tulip pattern which was slightly different from the previous repaint that was made for E. Wendt (see Milviz_F-86_Luft_Wendt).

The warning placards that were sported on both the right and left side of the cockpit were redone (after comparing multiple pics) with what is believed to be something closer to the originals. (Should anyone know better for a fact, please submit info and I will gladly correct the placards to get as close to the historically correct ones...).

I have also used some artistic license to provide a different approach to the tail pipe exhaust textures which seemed more appropriate, at least in my view, to the ones found in the paintkit. This is just my point of view and does not infer that the originals are not appropriate or good, in the least...
    Mine is just different and looks like this...

Im trying to keep clear of the US paints as there is enough people out there doing them

so Im trying to cater for the others

starting with these 3 which will be at ozx later today

next a Saudi and Thai scheme

Last one for the day

Blog Entries
    Cool video, Skhawk! I think that speaks volumes ...

Hello Matt - nice repaints - I learned something new today ... I never knew the Royal Saudi Air Force flew Sabres ... cool!

DL

Thanks Matt,

Now I've got enough Sabres from various countries to start a new Hangar just for them...

By making a specific version for the USAAF, other countries and camouflaged aircrafts, I reduce the size of my hangars and can choose readily which type I want to fly...

Eventually, when the numbers of USAAF planes gets out of hand, I'll have to split them into Korean conflict and others, etc. ...

Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post
    Gunnar, can you make my dreams come true?

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Mike's Bird and Paper Tiger have just been uploaded to the SOH library.

Mike

Attachment 76444
    Attachment 76445

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Mike. Great looking repaints!:salute:

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk18 View Post
    Smaller adjustments still remains. I will make a notice when it is ready, and where to get

...... did this repaint ever get uploaded for us simmer's to put in the hanger ?

No....evidently from what I gathered it will now be included into the SP when ever that is released.

Thanks

3 more for today

Quote Originally Posted by mikew View Post
    Mike's Bird and Paper Tiger have just been uploaded to the SOH library.

Mike

Attachment 76444
    Attachment 76445
    What font are you using for tail numbers and buzz numbers? Incredible paints !

Best
    DagR

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    I’m a bit late to the Milviz Sabre party, but I have finally arrived.. lol

My favorite F-86F Sabre scheme is without doubt the colorful livery used by 336 Sqn of the Royal Norwegian Air Force. The squadron flew the Foxtrot between 1957 and 1966, the later years were hampered by flying restrictions because of the fuselage/wing cracking problems.

I have settled on “PX-U” 53-1086, which was a former USAF aircraft which arrived in Norway in 1957. After a few years with 332 sqn it flew with 336 from 1961 and until the type was retired five years later. It arrived with the 6-3 wing, but it was soon reworked with the big slotted wing of the Block 40 for improved maneuverability. Martin Baker seat followed in 1960.

A lot of research has gone into getting the RNoAF Sabre specific decals right(stencils, warning decals, roundels etc), but it is always room for improvements.

Not sure if Dag Roger S. remember that he sent me his RNoAF F-86 serial number font for many years ago… thanks Dag!

Gunnar has also been most helpful with helping out with the stencils.

Looking very good Jens Ole :-) Yeah I remember sending the font, my problem now is finding it myself... Oh well, have not got the aircraft yet ;-)

Best
    DagR

Just a little thx for all your wonderful repaints !!!Attachment 76478

I'm looking at some painting instructions and images and I was wondering....isn't the inner wings ares on the upperside at least suppose to be paints gloss gray?

Downloading 'Fleurdelys' great Luftwaffe Sabre was reminded how much I admired those by 'Gunnar'. Are those available for download and if so where?

Quote Originally Posted by olderndirt View Post
    Downloading 'Fleurdelys' great Luftwaffe Sabre was reminded how much I admired those by 'Gunnar'. Are those available for download and if so where?

The JB-244 will come with the SP1

The JB-242 (which is almost similar to the 244) will be uploaded short after the SP1 is out.

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Hi

A Potuguese F-86, please? Someone?

Would be Veryyyyyyy apreciated...
    Thanks

http://www.passarodeferro.com/2010/1...-50al2010.html

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk18 View Post
    The JB-244 will come with the SP1

The JB-242 (which is almost similar to the 244) will be uploaded short after the SP1 is out.
    Wunderbar!![/QUOTE}

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Hi

A Potuguese F-86, please? Someone?

Would be Veryyyyyyy apreciated...
    Thanks

http://www.passarodeferro.com/2010/1...-50al2010.html
    I started one (322) yesterday and have it about 95% complete, will finish it off tomorrow

Ive also got Peru, Malaysia, Thailand plus a few others on the cards

Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post
    Gunnar, can you make my dreams come true?

Just messing around Diego, Gunnar's will surely be better.

Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Awesome!

I look forward to both

It's a really cool livery, no?

Yes, a really cool livery. There are a multitude of pictures of this aircraft at multiple airshows. Both left and right sides are shown which helps considerably. It was fun to do.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    I started one (322) yesterday and have it about 95% complete, will finish it off tomorrow

Ive also got Peru, Malaysia, Thailand plus a few others on the cards
    Speachless....
    much obliged