MilViz F-86F Sabre Repaints - Page 4
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: MilViz F-86F Sabre Repaints

Quote Originally Posted by scotsman View Post
    Gunnar,

I'm very pleased to see so many German skins for the F-86, especially as I grew up with these "high viz" painted birds here in Germany.
    It's also great to see a Foxe's bird (JG72) after that gorgeous JG 71 one from Fleurdelys and the WasLw10 one from zsoltquack. My Sabre-dreams become true:salute:.

Just two small remarks: The black nose tips were outlined with the same red stripes as the yellow markings and I think that the complete designation of the Foxes "2/JG 72" was written on their jacket patches but I cannot find any evidence that it was added to the "Staffelwappen" painted to their planes (checked all my sources again). Same than with the insignias of the Vikings (1/JG72) that only showed the word Vikings when on the planes but all other information on patches.

No nit-picking intended- only some constructive information from a biased "Kraut".
    I will love also all these GAF birds as they are.

Mike
    Thanks scotsman. If you look at this thread, there is an old photo of the JB 242 (a bit down on site 1). http://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=2569
    It is difficult to see any outline on the black nose tip. As the photo is in B/W, it may be there (the red may be obscured by the grey background).
    I have used illustrations as reference for this livery. I don't know how much I can trust these illustrations, but none of them shows the red outline.
    As for the fox patch, it seems like the 2/JG 72 was painted like on my liveries.

So I think I will leave them just as they are now. If any adjustments, it will be minor corrections to the camouflage paint

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

As I told you, I appreciate it as it is.
    Thank you that you painted a GAF F-86 at all

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by scotsman View Post
    Detail
    I'll put the red outline on them ....

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

But, please, don't take my comments too serious
    I don't want eventually to be seen as a nit-picker

Mike

Eventually?

LOL

This was meant as a joke...

Regarded also as a joke

That plane offers a lot of fun, not only when crimping the joystick

Mike

F-86F Major Boots Blesse

Found time to do one more of a great pilot, Major F. C. Boots Blesse.

Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

One "camo" wip in the making...

Canadair built (CL-13B) #381_Mk.6 flown by the South African Air Force. It is a camouflaged version and is in the colours worn while used by the 85th Advanced Flying School (Air Combat School) during the early 1980's. This unit was based at Pietersburg Air Force Base in the North of South Africa...

Since I'm working from a profile, anybody with pertinent info and willing to share would be greatly welcome...

Fleurdelys

I believe JB (Naruto-Kun) would really appreciate this paint.

Coming late to the party I know but without Duncan Curtis' definitive work on the RCAF/RAF CL-13's, finding good source material proved difficult and I wanted to get it as accurate as I could. This is Flt. Lt. R. A. Brown's XB872 'R' from 234 Sqdn based at RAF Geilenkirchen in 1954. There are still a couple of things to check out; firstly the nose radar cover looks awful that colour but the only photo I can find seems to confirm it, and secondly the size and position of the underwing roundel and serial needs to be checked.

Attachment 75982

Attachment 75983

Will post ASAP

DaveQ

PS. Gunnar - then off to complete 52-4392...and many thanks!

PPS. Uploaded here and Flightsim.com.
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Found time to do one more of a great pilot, Major F. C. Boots Blesse.

Nice repaint, Stovall, will it be released, if so, please let me know!!!
    Thanks in advance, Stovall,
    Cuco
    San Juan, PR

Quote Originally Posted by Cuco View Post
    Nice repaint, Stovall, will it be released, if so, please let me know!!!
    Thanks in advance, Stovall,
    Cuco
    San Juan, PR
    You are welcome Cuco, I will try to get it uploaded today. Appreciate the interest.

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    Awesome repaint, Tom! :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by fleurdelys View Post

Canadair built (CL-13B) #381_Mk.6 flown by the South African Air Force. It is a camouflaged version and is in the colours worn while used by the 85th Advanced Flying School (Air Combat School) during the early 1980's. This unit was based at Pietersburg Air Force Base in the North of South Africa...

Since I'm working from a profile, anybody with pertinent info and willing to share would be greatly welcome...

Fleurdelys
    you dont know how much this meant for me. cant wait for this to be uploaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    I believe JB (Naruto-Kun) would really appreciate this paint.
    Darned right you are....I dont really have any attachments to the SAAF F-86s(i do have a great uncle who flew bostons in WWII) but i could still do with one to do my tests in....
    -JB

Quote Originally Posted by fleurdelys View Post

Fleurdelys
    Thank you JB and Snow White for your interest; it is appreciated...

Following my request for info, I managed to find a "right" sided picture of this aircraft with the following results...
    Working from a usually left sided profile is fraught with historical mayhem as we can only speculate as to what is hopefully on the other side. This approach has left me with a wrong sided "Red enseign" tail flag in a previous upload and I was just about ready to duplicate my earlier error, this time around...
    It has allowed me to correct the squadron badge as well as add some missing important stencil. I've also changed the number to match that of the pic.
    The artistic license bit is just to reward myself as it looked good on the plane (and no, the pic does not show the real colour of the "pitot").

Corrections have been made...

And the textures should be uploaded tonight...

Col. James K. Johnson

Here is one for Thanksgiving before enjoying friends at a great dinner and saying thanks. This is for Col. James K. Johnson with ten kills.

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    You are welcome Cuco, I will try to get it uploaded today. Appreciate the interest.
    Thank you once again, Stovall, for Blesse's repaint. Just downloaded it, and just now saw you also did Col. JK Johnson's F-86, beautiful!!

Cuco
    San Juan, PR

Thanks Cuco, here is one more, Jolley Roger, flown by Cliff Jolley.

just posting ideas guys....I like the ones with nose bands myself.

Attachment 76030