MilViz F-86F Sabre Repaints - Page 2
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: MilViz F-86F Sabre Repaints

Quote Originally Posted by fleurdelys View Post
    There was a comment on another post about why some texture repaints contained their own specular files and others not...

I guess the amount of reflectivity has to be worked on each texture and to the taste of the repainter himself.

If you look at the WIP of the base textures for Luftwaffe camouflaged liveries that I'm presently working on, I temporarily used the specular shines of my last posting (TAIWAN_1960) which represented the planes of a Gunnery meet between various air forces; I felt that it would have been shinier than usual as you wouldn't go to a party with your dirty jeans...
    As such, they are too shiny for a good camo texture but could probably give some shine on your model which has a bit of a sandblasted look presently (no offense meant).

Why not try them and see how it comes out and you can work it down from there ...

Good luck with your tweaking...

Fleurdelys
    Most of the tweaking is with the specular files. In those 'photos' it's turned right down to bring out the differences in the panel shine to try to emulate reflectivity. I agree the shading is perhaps a tad overdone in places though, especially the tanks.

Thanks for your comments btw!

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

work in progress...

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Ohhhh! simply beautiful. Glad the Colorado ANG went to such great colors. Great work Jan.

Here is one I am working on. I know it is of a F-86A but Margie has always been a favorite of mine.

Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    work in progress...

AWESOME!!!!

Thanks Zsolt, found it on FlightSim.com

:mixedsmi:
    Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post

I’m a bit late to the Milviz Sabre party, but I have finally arrived.. lol

My favorite F-86F Sabre scheme is without doubt the colorful livery used by 336 Sqn of the Royal Norwegian Air Force. The squadron flew the Foxtrot between 1957 and 1966, the later years were hampered by flying restrictions because of the fuselage/wing cracking problems.

I have settled on “PX-U” 53-1086, which was a former USAF aircraft which arrived in Norway in 1957. After a few years with 332 sqn it flew with 336 from 1961 and until the type was retired five years later. It arrived with the 6-3 wing, but it was soon reworked with the big slotted wing of the Block 40 for improved maneuverability. Martin Baker seat followed in 1960.

A lot of research has gone into getting the RNoAF Sabre specific decals right(stencils, warning decals, roundels etc), but it is always room for improvements.

Not sure if Dag Roger S. remember that he sent me his RNoAF F-86 serial number font for many years ago… thanks Dag!

Gunnar has also been most helpful with helping out with the stencils.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Ohhhh! simply beautiful. Glad the Colorado ANG went to such great colors. Great work Jan.

Here is one I am working on. I know it is of a F-86A but Margie has always been a favorite of mine.

I'd like to see James Jabara's bird, like this, with I think a white air inlet. Nice job. Still Looking for someone to do an early Fj2 or Fj3 Fury!

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Thanks 000Rick000, I will check out Captain James Jabara's F-86 aircraft. In the meantime, here is Punkin-Head flown by Captain Morris Pitts, 336th FS, Kimpo AB, December 1950.

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    I’m a bit late to the Milviz Sabre party, but I have finally arrived.. lol

My favorite F-86F Sabre scheme is without doubt the colorful livery used by 336 Sqn of the Royal Norwegian Air Force. The squadron flew the Foxtrot between 1957 and 1966, the later years were hampered by flying restrictions because of the fuselage/wing cracking problems.

I have settled on “PX-U” 53-1086, which was a former USAF aircraft which arrived in Norway in 1957. After a few years with 332 sqn it flew with 336 from 1961 and until the type was retired five years later. It arrived with the 6-3 wing, but it was soon reworked with the big slotted wing of the Block 40 for improved maneuverability. Martin Baker seat followed in 1960.

A lot of research has gone into getting the RNoAF Sabre specific decals right(stencils, warning decals, roundels etc), but it is always room for improvements.

Not sure if Dag Roger S. remember that he sent me his RNoAF F-86 serial number font for many years ago… thanks Dag!

Gunnar has also been most helpful with helping out with the stencils.

and we can get this where?

Have you finished/uploaded this one

I see all these wonderful repaints, and most are not yet downloadable. I think the rule for this thread should be that you don't post a repaint until you can post a download link to it. Otherwise they are just pretty pictures. :isadizzy:

Yes until the paints are uploaded they are just pretty pictures. Many of us post these pictures to give folks a preview of what is on the horizon. As for myself, I post the pictures also to get input in case someone sees an inconsistency or inaccuracy that can be corrected. I plan to put both Margie and Punkin-Head on the Add-Ons Library in the next 24 hours.

000rick000, I found the aircraft in your picture. This is tail number 8257. He also flew tail number 81259. Not sure why the 1 is left off number 257. I will start Jabara's F-86A number 8257 as soon as the Margie and Punkin-Head are uploaded.
    Thanks for the interest.

Here is what I have so far on Captain James Jabara.

Awesome, awesome, awesome...that is all I can say! :salute:
    Wow...great work by all involved!

Those norwegian birds look fantastic...!
    Godspeed, Bernd
    NATO E-3A Squadron 1, 1993 - 2000

"Runway left behind and altitude above are useless..." Al "Tex" Johnston
    Remember YUKLA 27
    Remember ESSO 77

Another one that is still on the horizon, and as such, is only a pretty picture, but I'm nearly there.
    Progress: I finbally figured out what was on the scroll below the cockpit, and found the exact lay-out of the red paint on the underside (turns out there were differences between the aircraft):

soon, I promise, there's still a few bits and pieces I need to find first..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Yes until the paints are uploaded they are just pretty pictures. Many of us post these pictures to give folks a preview of what is on the horizon. As for myself, I post the pictures also to get input in case someone sees an inconsistency or inaccuracy that can be corrected. I plan to put both Margie and Punkin-Head on the Add-Ons Library in the next 24 hours.

000rick000, I found the aircraft in your picture. This is tail number 8257. He also flew tail number 81259. Not sure why the 1 is left off number 257. I will start Jabara's F-86A number 8257 as soon as the Margie and Punkin-Head are uploaded.
    Thanks for the interest.

Here is what I have so far on Captain James Jabara.[...]
    I love that repaint, beautiful work, Tom.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

I have a question: does anyone know where to find the textures for the holes that are still grey in this pic, but should become red?

btw, here is one of the other aircraft, with more red on the underside:

Still a Wip, but should be available for download in less than 36 hours...

Having problems with finding the right fonts and naturally, the Staffel logo which has to be done from scratch...

@Stovall! Beauty! Thank you for the interest to actually do it! It looks great! Waiting impatiently until it's available! I really love those early sabre repaints.

@jankees, as usual, looks fantastic.

@all, don't mean to leave anyone out, but keep the pretty pics coming! It's nice to see the WIP's!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I have a question: does anyone know where to find the textures for the holes that are still grey in this pic, but should become red?
    They're on F86_1_T, as indicated by the red rings. The three small ports are two by the canopy rail, the third atop the forward fuselage, and the flap over the engine is just by the nose (marked with a red R). This latter is repeated on F86_2_T btw.

Attachment 75584

Great scheme beautifully done as usual Jan Kees!

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Thanks Dave, that was very helpful!

Just a few little details to sort and you guys can have fun. Is there a F-86 team already?

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    I see all these wonderful repaints, and most are not yet downloadable. I think the rule for this thread should be that you don't post a repaint until you can post a download link to it. Otherwise they are just pretty pictures. :isadizzy:
    I guess that is the privilege of the repainter.. Actually showing the work in progress shots is a great way of getting feedback from fellow aviation nuts on the details.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by fleurdelys View Post
    Still a Wip, but should be available for download in less than 36 hours...

Having problems with finding the right fonts and naturally, the Staffel logo which has to be done from scratch...
    Just gimme a PM, maybe I can be of help.

Mike:salute:

Thanks for the interest.

Here is what I have so far on Captain James Jabara.

can we make the names in white on the red as in the time picture

Quote Originally Posted by scotsman View Post
    Just gimme a PM, maybe I can be of help.

Mike:salute:
    Thanks in advance Scotsman, PM sent...

Fleurdelys

You should have received some tools to finish the Luftwaffe Sabre.

Thank you in advance for your efforts. I look forward to flying her.

Mike