MilViz F-86F Sabre Repaints - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: MilViz F-86F Sabre Repaints

Quote Originally Posted by snow_white View Post
    can we make the names in white on the red as in the time picture
    Snow_White

Sure the letter can be white, I would think the "Life" picture is more accurate than the drawing source I have. My source shows black letters on the banner and white on the name plate. The "Life" picture is the winner. White lettering coming up.

This is what she looks like.

Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Looking very good!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

looking real good, a few more scratches and you're done!

Meanwhile, I've uploaded one package containing four different aircraft of the minute men, which I hope you'll enjoy. The included aircraft are #51-2826, #51-2867 (with a slightly different paintjob), #51-2868 and #51-2900, some are seen in the earlier pics, and here is the last:

I should of course have shown you pics of the four of them in a nice diamond four formation, but I'm still waiting for my new joystick, so I fear the formation flying is up to you guys.
    Here's one for inspiration (notice the different paintjob on #867?):

who can make a screenshot like this for me?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

AWESOME!!....My best guess would be that it appears the Lead jet has the odd scheme......very interesting. The was a P-51 group that was around called the Red Devils...I wish I could find more info and photos on them as I'd like to do them like this also.

these guys you mean?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

yep....thats one of the only shots I've found myself

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    looking real good, a few more scratches and you're done!

Meanwhile, I've uploaded one package containing four different aircraft of the minute men, which I hope you'll enjoy. The included aircraft are #51-2826, #51-2867 (with a slightly different paintjob), #51-2868 and #51-2900, some are seen in the earlier pics, and here is the last:

I should of course have shown you pics of the four of them in a nice diamond four formation, but I'm still waiting for my new joystick, so I fear the formation flying is up to you guys.
    Here's one for inspiration (notice the different paintjob on #867?):

who can make a screenshot like this for me?
    I'll give it a go after work....
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Down to the last minute details...

Anyone can point me to the "pitot" textures ?

Thanks in advance...

Fleurdelys

Fleurdelys, that would be in the Texture default folder and is named colorComplete.dds. As you probably know all you have to do is put your new colorComplete.dds file in your texture folder and this overrides the default.

Hope this helps.

Merci beaucoup, Tom...

J-R

OUPS... !

Your reference is for the piLot, whereas I'm trying to find the elusive "piTot"... (that long crooked stick by the end of the right wing) !

Sorry, still looking for the "piTot" textures, anyone ... ???

A bit OT but is the pitot tube out on the right wing meant to have a bend in it? On each of my screenshots, I've straightened it out

Hi Oldendirt,

Can't say about the pilots... , but a lot of pitots seem to be crooked...

An aeronautical engineer might tell you the exact reason as to why some are and some aren't...

But I can definitely vouch for the Sabre having a crooked pitot (and you'd best not straighten it, just in case...:isadizzy.

Cheers,

Fleurdelys

P.S.: the reason for my trying to find the texture for the pitot is that in this particular case, it was "red" and I will not let it go as silver...

Freurdelys: may I suggest to change the luminous glow yellow more into a faded luminous orange (RAL2005) or RAL2000 -http://www.gobias.com/convert-ral-to-rgb.html ?

These dull/ semi dull colours were not very UV-resistant at that time and faded out from top (more yellow) to bottom surfaces (more orange) very quick.
    Take also a short look to the drop tank tips.

Please do not consider my comment as rivet counting - you did a great job!

Mike

Anyone planning on doing "Mig Mad Marine" John Glenn's ride ????

Quote Originally Posted by scotsman View Post
    Freurdelys: may I suggest to change the luminous glow yellow more into a faded luminous orange (RAL2005) or RAL2000 -http://www.gobias.com/convert-ral-to-rgb.html ?

These dull/ semi dull colours were not very UV-resistant at that time and faded out from top (more yellow) to bottom surfaces (more orange) very quick.

Mike
    Oh no, please only make that as an option if you do it

Quote Originally Posted by fleurdelys View Post
    Hi Oldendirt,

Can't say about the pilots... , but a lot of pitots seem to be crooked...

An aeronautical engineer might tell you the exact reason as to why some are and some aren't...

But I can definitely vouch for the Sabre having a crooked pitot (and you'd best not straighten it, just in case...:isadizzy.

Cheers,

Fleurdelys

P.S.: the reason for my trying to find the texture for the pitot is that in this particular case, it was "red" and I will not let it go as silver...
    BINGO !

Found it in texture 5 even though it is not crooked (the pitot texture itself), strangely enough ...

So I'm back on track and should be able to upload tomorrow morning after one last check...

Fleurdelys, glad you found the pitot tube texture. Sorry for thinking you wanted the pilot. Now you know where the pilot is also. Good job on the repaint. Looking forward to it.

First Attempt...a little work to be done...:)

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by scotsman View Post

Mike
    Thank you for the suggestion, Mike. I didn't go as far with aging as the colours that you suggested but did add some type of aging by blending some darker yellow to the original "brand new" yellow of the nose and tail...
    Hope you like !

The textures have just been uploaded and should be available tomorrow morning for download.

Enjoy !

Fleurdelys

Charter Member 2012
    Great work Fleurdelys:salute:

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    I guess that is the privilege of the repainter.. Actually showing the work in progress shots is a great way of getting feedback from fellow aviation nuts on the details.
    Hi Jens. To some folks it is also a way of saying, "I'm painting this one, hands off." Myself, if I had one in mind I'll paint it anyway.

Might have to buy this one for myself for Christmas. I've always liked anything/everything from North American Aircraft and this one is certainly getting the repaint attention. I especially like the West German Luftwaffe camo scheme and bright unit colors. Reminds me of the attention Kirk Olsson's F-86's got a few years ago.
    :ernae:

I got a lot of input that led to several texture updates. Thanks to ollifreund and fleurdelys for providing me with photos and background info.
    I now have 2 German liveries - the JB 244 and JB 242. They are quite similar as they belonged to the same unit.

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Blog Entries
    Some magnificent repaints by all.

Have been very happy so far with the SF8 model to consider paying for a new Sabre, together with the risk of it not running too smoothly on my "elderly" PC. But these paints are spectacular, and I'm getting sorely tempted.

I think this was brought up in the other Sabre thread - though there are numerous differences in terms of air intake, engines, canopy, landing gear, guns, etc. I'd still be happy with this model as a standin of an FJ-2 or 3. This scheme in particular is truly delightful:

I might yet be persuaded ...

Again, Milviz and repainters - great job all round.

DL

Gunnar,

I'm very pleased to see so many German skins for the F-86, especially as I grew up with these "high viz" painted birds here in Germany.
    It's also great to see a Foxe's bird (JG72) after that gorgeous JG 71 one from Fleurdelys and the WasLw10 one from zsoltquack. My Sabre-dreams become true:salute:.

Just two small remarks: The black nose tips were outlined with the same red stripes as the yellow markings and I think that the complete designation of the Foxes "2/JG 72" was written on their jacket patches but I cannot find any evidence that it was added to the "Staffelwappen" painted to their planes (checked all my sources again). Same than with the insignias of the Vikings (1/JG72) that only showed the word Vikings when on the planes but all other information on patches.

No nit-picking intended- only some constructive information from a biased "Kraut".
    I will love also all these GAF birds as they are.

Mike

I brought this up in the other thread...not sure if well ever get a dedicated FJ2/3 but this paint scheme certainly is a great one! Would love to see the milviz Sabre dressed in it.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO