Click??

Thread: Click??

Lightbulb Click??

Today I was walking home when I remembered the screenshoots of the post opened by Talon. I kept thinking how much one can learn just from seeing this images.
    Later I started thinking in posting some screenshots with some scenery details as Jagd loves to put in, thinking in mechanics around parked aircrafts. Then my brain went thinking about the TLīs crew figures that Tobob is working on when it occured to me that they originaly belong to aircraft carriers. And that in CFS2 no one had ever been able to put objects on a moving ship and been able to keep it aboard. So my brain kept thinking, conecting separate bit of info, and went thinking about Allen Zeppelins. Well: If an object canīt be put on a ship but it can be put on an aircraft, why couldnīt we make an aircraft carrier, or whatever type of ship, and make it an aircraft by CFG, so that we could, by means of itīs DP, give it many hardpoints and asign to them whatever we want like airplanes (as weapons) of human figures. If by means of hand edditing the mis file we could give it a, say, 30 knots velocity, it would be a better thing to see and shoot at: a second carrier in oneīs fleet or a target to bomb.

Sorry if this is only bull to anyone, but may be some one can connect two more nerve cells and make one more step in CFS2 trouble shooting around itīs limits. Like Bearcat says CFS2 limits are in its code.

Or maybe itīs only the hot temperature of this days in my home town and my brain is partly melted.

Cheers, Discus

It seem that ships don't suppot hardpoints. I'm going to poke around with it some more...
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Hi Guys,
    With some clever hand editing of the mission file it can be done.

Two ways to do it.

1. Pancake the ac onto the deck.
    2. Better, Create a entry using the start cord's of the carrier and place it in the airbases.txt file, and takeoff from there.
    When mission is ready and you want to post it, swap the airbase ID in the mission file for a nearby airfield that is stock to the game.

Pen32Win increased the weight and MOI numbers in the static AC config. files to keep the ac form falling off the decks. Also, replacing the wheels with skids helps.

Regards,
    B24Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    It seem that ships don't suppot hardpoints. I'm going to poke around with it some more...
    Allen

I was thinking the other way around:

a) First you convert a ship in an aircraft.
    If Droopy can fly with its kennel, or Santa, why not an aircraft carrier?!!
    Take an aircraft carrier and put it in the Aircraft folder with the neccesary modifications to have contact points like a seaplane. I donīt know if you need to modify both aircraft.cfg and add an air file.

Then for CFS2.exe the aircraft carrier becomes an aircraft, so it could have hardpoints.

b) Second you add hardpoints through the DP.
    This hardpoints should be at the deck level.

c) Third: To this hardpoints you link a weapon through the DP.
    Instead of true weapons (bombs, rockets, guns, whatever) you could load some human figures and aircrafts, folded wings or not. I think this can be done because Iīve seen it done with gliders. The glider is the aircraft, the tug is the weapon (like a C47 or Ju52)

d) The catch: Can CFS2.exe be bypassed as to have an aircraft "fly" at no more than 30 knots and not get into the air?
    That is but to mantain a constant speed and not get to the air. I know that you should eddit the mission file after making it through Mission Builder. But I dont know if CFS2.exe would let it work that way.

Cheers, Discus

You can't land or take off from an aircrat.

It may be beter to use Model Converter X on the ship and covert it to a format that can be edited. Than add what things you want to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    You can't land or take off from an aircrat.

It may be beter to use Model Converter X on the ship and covert it to a format that can be edited. Than add what things you want to it.
    Allen

I was thinking of "a better thing to see and shoot at: a second carrier in oneīs fleet or a target to bomb". As it ocurred in Midway with the Japanese aircraft carriers. Iīm in my element in the ETO, but I love the challenge of landing on a moving ship.

But I donīt quite understand what you mean by converting a ship to a format that can be edited. ŋDo you mean to add scenery to the model?

Discus

More or less yes.

Once the model is in Gmax you can add or remove parts as you wish.