milviz sabre sound let down
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: milviz sabre sound let down

milviz sabre sound let down

Well growing up in an era whe sabres where still used in the south african airforce, I can honestly say looked forward to this. Absolute stunner but missing the "soul" and the soul being the real sabre sound.. In real live it had a much more of a "growl" then the "whine" of the milviz package. Also toooo sterile, the sabre had a lot of "rattles" "noises" going on inside the cockpit when taking off

Hopefully someone will put back the soul into this plane.

Still the rest is an absolute master piece and well worth the wait and the money..!

Thanks for your comments. Perhaps you should know that I actually saw and recorded a sabre (hawk one) and that is what we used as the basis for our sound set. Internally, to be honest, I wouldn't really know as I've never been in a sabre during take off. However, I will check this out with the Gatineau guys and see what, if anything, can or even should, be done...

Thanks

If you are looking for rattles, brake noise, and such, then check out AccuFeel. It's not expensive and once installed, you can customize it for every aircraft, stock and add-on, in FSX.

http://www.a2asimulations.com/store/...products_id=49
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Just when I thought nothing could be improved about the Milviz F-86 Sabre, Colin says he want to check out the internal sounds to see if anything could be done to make them better. Surely it will not be easy to find someone who has been inside a Sabre during take off but you can rest assured, sound like he is going to do that. Very impressive.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    If you are looking for rattles, brake noise, and such, then check out AccuFeel. It's not expensive and once installed, you can customize it for every aircraft, stock and add-on, in FSX.

http://www.a2asimulations.com/store/...products_id=49

FYI, accufeel has caused issues with the Sabre in testing. We approached A2A about this both privately and publicly and were rebuffed. Be aware that we are not responsible nor will we support any issues you may have while running the two addons together.

I've got some great internal and external sabre sounds in my library...maybe one day I'll do a pack for it.
    Vance
    Sonic Solutions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Given that the F-86F 30 is a single pilot aircraft, unless one is a qualified pilot who's actually flown this aircraft, the internal sounds inevitably must be sheer conjecture and/or interpretation of first hand reports from real pilots... Just saying...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Yes indeed. The ones I have are from I library I purchased a while back...not sure what gear was used to record but it's easy enought to put a recorder and mics in it, hit record and let it roll while the pilot does his thing.
    Vance
    Sonic Solutions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We will be adding some internal shakes and rattles during takeoff and landing..

I look forward to having the update. Adding more realism to an already awesome model (have yet to fly it, still downloading) will be excellent!
    Your sound mixing skills are top notch, Vance.

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Given that the F-86F 30 is a single pilot aircraft, unless one is a qualified pilot who's actually flown this aircraft, the internal sounds inevitably must be sheer conjecture and/or interpretation of first hand reports from real pilots... Just saying...
    yes my father was a sabre pilot stationed at AFB waterkloof and AFB Pietersburg. So yes it is firsthand knowledge from actual flying pilots as that was what discussed many a time in our house. Apart from that that my father spend countless hours telling me the details of the plane he flown. living next to the runways hearing them day in and day out, I can tell you the sabre just had that deeper engine sound.

Quote Originally Posted by FSN View Post
    I've got some great internal and external sabre sounds in my library...maybe one day I'll do a pack for it.
    would look forward to your work vance.

I live less than an hour away from one of the few flying Sabres. Believe me when I say it sounds just like it does in sim. If you choose not to do so, that is, of course, your prerogative. However, it will still be the real thing...

i personally like the sound set
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm just looking forward to flying it...looks fantastic.
    Vance
    Sonic Solutions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

and this is what I grow up with.. a sound forever etched in my mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjJb9...eature=related

listen to that growl... combined with an ultra high pitch sound from 3:13 with a high between 3:20 to 3:30 where it is beautifully captured.

and here is the cockpit sounds again capturing the sounds beautifully.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pgBZ...eature=related

Sorry the sabre never at a one whine sound.
    One thing that is real is the sounds in this video..!! no matter how close you live to a real sabre.. this is sabre sounds..!!

and I hope to one day experience these sounds with the milviz sabre. Now that will be an absolute winning combination.
    and some more external sounds

and some more external sounds
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHlMx...eature=related

and here is your hawk one cockpit video. fwiw.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXULS9XjQxQ

Well you also have to remember that the Sabre has had a lot of engines....are the sounds you are referring to those of the J47-GE-27?
    -JB

Now that's deep. Sitting here in my studio it sounds delish. I find alot of folx grab their sounds off you boob or something and turn em into sound sets but the problem there is that the audio is recorded with a camera...not a real audio recorder. I can't comment on this Sabre as I havent heard it yet but I'm sure it'll be fine. It's all a matter of opinion execpt when folx don't make sample accurate loops at zero crossings and you hear a little click or other obvious errors...then I just make myself a new one.

I don't pump out the packs very often and only do aircraft I like and fly. Haven't done one since the Huey a few months back but am working on two new ones right now so maybe this winter if I fancy I may do one for a Sabre.

Anyways congrats to the Milviz team on the release, she's a sweet looking plane!
    Vance
    Sonic Solutions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
    Well you also have to remember that the Sabre has had a lot of engines....are the sounds you are referring to those of the J47-GE-27?
    you are absolutely correct that a lot of different engines were used and I believe the SA version had Orenda engines, and those I show are the ones I grew up with and know as "sabre" mkV1 sounds used many moons ago in SA..!

Airplane sound is an interesting subject, and a bit subjective as well. Love that cockpit video, by the way. That was fantastic. But, how much difference is there between the sound picked up by that microphone, and that heard by the pilot with his helmet on? I'd bet a lot of difference. From his helmet, with the radio on, there might even be some interference picked up caused by the engine itself, which would rise and fall in frequency with the engine RPMs. I've seen F-86s fly at air shows, and there isn't nearly as much base component as was apparently picked up by the microphone in the first U-Toob video, which might also have some “ambient wind” induced base, but I can't say for sure. When it comes to FS sounds, if I don't like one, I just go find one that sounds “pleasant” to me...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Anyways congrats to the Milviz team on the release, she's a sweet looking plane!
    +1 absolute brilliant rendition

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Airplane sound is an interesting subject, and a bit subjective as well. Love that cockpit video, by the way. That was fantastic. But, how much difference is there between the sound picked up by that microphone, and that heard by the pilot with his helmet on? I'd bet a lot of difference. From his helmet, with the radio on, there might even be some interference picked up caused by the engine itself, which would rise and fall in frequency with the engine RPMs. I've seen F-86s fly at air shows, and there isn't nearly as much base component as was apparently picked up by the microphone in the first U-Toob video, which might also have some “ambient wind” induced base, but I can't say for sure. When it comes to FS sounds, if I don't like one, I just go find one that sounds “pleasant” to me...
    you are so right.. that is why I will try and found me one that is "pleasant" for me and that enhance the overall effect for me. Unfortuanately a thing like the sabre can be something very personal as this is one plane that is close to the heart so yeah... I just would like to hear a bit more "growl" then just a whine in external mode where a pilot headgear do not have an effect and sorry to say but that "growl" is just not there currently.

I've only recorded Sabre Flybys at air shows here in Nova Scotia and listening back now I don't hear that bottom end like that first vid. Checking out some other samples I have there's no where near that amount of bottom end either. It's all nice and smooth. I don't think the bass is from the wind so I suspect that while editing the first video there dude added a **** ton of bass with an EQ.
    Vance
    Sonic Solutions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Talking about how different audio can be it's all about the mic and it's placement. All these vids are shot with cams that have varying degrees of quailty in the mics so each one will sound different. Ah....she's a tricky beast this sound stuff.
    Vance
    Sonic Solutions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've only recorded Sabre Flybys at air shows here in Nova Scotia and listening back now I don't hear that bottom end like that first vid. Checking out some other samples I have there's no where near that amount of bottom end either. It's all nice and smooth. I don't think the bass is from the wind so I suspect that while editing the first video there dude added a **** ton of bass with an EQ.
    Nah dont think so.. as the guy said different engines were used and that is what i can remember hearing.. Those youtube videos of sabres in canada all do not have that low pitched growl so you are correct but I suspect that is due to different engines.. that has been used. and nothing about "bass" being added... you will get that sound in all the videos of planes that still original engines.

Also take into account the hawk-one that has been used for sound recording is actually a brand new plane fitted even with glass panels etc, so yes the engines might also have been upgraded a LOT and even though the sounds might reflect the hawk one of today it do NOT reflect the engine sounds of the 1960..!!

So another kudu for milviz for getting the hawk one sound correct, but I look for sounds of yesteryear that go with the age old cockpit rendition of the milviz sabre. Currently you have the hawk one sounds (modern) with cockpit (OLD).