deHavilland Dash 7 - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: deHavilland Dash 7

It will be my pleasure, just wanted to make sure she does get the best possible shakedown and in as timely a fashion as possible....even if that mean giving up my chance at an early Christmas ...again

Glad to hear things are looking up WestJet ... FS and this community can have a positive influence on ones life in the strangest ways. A coast to coast ride should be a great experience.

Cheers
    Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by westjet View Post
    The bike has been parked the last 16 months due to cancer treatment so she needs a good ride anytime you want.Just found out last week the cancers almost gone and should have a clean bill of health come January 14th so my wife and i plan a coast to coast bike trip in the spring to celebrate.

When first diagnosed your F7F project was about to come out and i didnt think i would see its release.Last spring things took a turn for the not so good and after 8 surgeries i get out to find your Grumman project done and what a great gift to to spend the long hours of recovery with.When you announced the rework of your DHC7 i was in the midst of heavy chemo treatment and it sure lifted my spirits as this is the aircraft that peaked my love for aviation as a kid.
    To get the chance to beta test is the icing on the cake.
    \

Thank you again fo rstepping up Sir. It's good to hear some good news and that you have this trip planned. Wish the wife and I could join you for that. Wow!

I hope to finish the Dash 7 beta prep work by Thursday and have you guys a link to get started.

I got set back a day doing a favor for a friend but I love helping with this too.

I hope to get this out this coming weekend as an alpha WIP release.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Yet another MAGNIFICENT RADIAL ENGINED BEASTIE!! Nice shot, Milton.... :salute:

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Not sure if I consider myself seasoned enough to put my hand up Milton. I have been involved in testing a couple of payware aircraft in both FS9 and FSX. Unfortunately I no longer fly either FS9 or FSX. Yep I am a dedicated P3D flyer these days.

I am just hoping that at least one of the testers you choose will be prepared to test it in P3D for us.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Not sure if I consider myself seasoned enough to put my hand up Milton. I have been involved in testing a couple of payware aircraft in both FS9 and FSX. Unfortunately I no longer fly either FS9 or FSX. Yep I am a dedicated P3D flyer these days.

I am just hoping that at least one of the testers you choose will be prepared to test it in P3D for us.
    I sure can offer a duel test. I just need to keep Milton's creations off the carriers lol as I sunk one his trackers.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Pat, we do have at least one P3D tester, but you are in anyhow. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    I sure can offer a duel test. I just need to keep Milton's creations off the carriers lol as I sunk one his trackers.
    Bah! Trackers are a dime a dozen! But, the Dash 7's, ... scarce and valuable.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks Milton. I'll do my best for you.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe

Bah! Trackers are a dime a dozen! But, the Dash 7's, ... scarce and valuable.
    At last count only 47 were still in service...
    I joined my previous company after they had swapped from -7 to -8 model, so never got that rating.
    Viking Air have the type cert now, so after their resurrection of the 'Twotter' you never know..

ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Viking Air have the type cert now, so after their resurrection of the 'Twotter' you never know..
    The market for a revived DHC7 is way too small. Four engines don't go as well with nearly all operators economically as they did in the 70s and 80s.
    Same by the way for the Do 328. Too much bang costing too many bucks. No chance for a revival.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    The market for a revived DHC7 is way too small. Four engines don't go as well with nearly all operators economically as they did in the 70s and 80s.
    Same by the way for the Do 328. Too much bang costing too many bucks. No chance for a revival.
    Couldn't agree more. That's why FSim is the only way to go with the virtual cost of fuel for the Dash 7.

EDIT: However, there are rural places where the Dash 7 is a must when the cargo /people loads exceed teh Twotter's capacity.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Couldn't agree more. That's why FSim is the only way to go with the virtual cost of fuel for the Dash 7.

EDIT: However, there are rural places where the Dash 7 is a must when the cargo /people loads exceed teh Twotter's capacity.
    Yep the Canadian Arctic and Greenland use the Dash 7 in all variants for anything anytime and is critical for the lifeblood and survival as member of that line of aircraft. Yes Viking has been poking around the Arctic about the Dash 7 and Dash 5 Buffalo. Even had some Siberian prospective customers looking over in the Arctic at Dash 7 and 5 Ops.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire

Yep the Canadian Arctic and Greenland use the Dash 7 in all variants for anything anytime and is critical for the lifeblood and survival as member of that line of aircraft. Yes Viking has been poking around the Arctic about the Dash 7 and Dash 5 Buffalo. Even had some Siberian prospective customers looking over in the Arctic at Dash 7 and 5 Ops.
    Always loved the DHC4 and DHC5 and always wanted to do them. Still may one day, :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post

Some pretty cold places too!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Prepar3D Academic and Pro and FSX locked and loaded and ready.

Prepar3D Academic and Pro and FSX locked and loaded and ready.
    LOL I appreciate that

Just now uploading Tankerguy72's PB4Y-2 Fire Tanker. Then back on teh Dash 7 Beta prep. Getting close, probably this evening or in the morning I should have it ready. Will announce here and PM the links and instructions to the test team. Now, <--- that Dude is not walking fast enough... needs to be running to keep up with me. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Wow .... the PB4Y today and the Dash 7 tomorrow. Going to be a busy but fun weekend.

Cheers
    Pat

Wow .... the PB4Y today and the Dash 7 tomorrow. Going to be a busy but fun weekend.
    Packaging the FSX side as we speak.... will send out beta links in a few hours.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Holy Crap!!

"Honey, go to the hair stylist, kids go out and play!!"

It's going to be a GREAT four engine weekend!!

Jonathan

And I got the A-26 in FSX now too?!!! I can't feel my feet right now!

The Dash 7 Beta Test Period Has Started

Beta testers, please check your PM's. Thank you so much for helping to get this project to the finish line. :salute:
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Downloading as I type this Milton.

Cheers
    Pat

I'm finding it hard to keep up with all the great stuff coming out, but don't let that slow you down Milton, looking forward to the DH7. :salute:
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Milton you have a PM.

Cheers
    Pat

Note to Beta Testers

Please do your testing and keep a log of the issues you find.
    Be specific about the FM, livery, and which sim you are in.
    If you haven't browsed the Docs folder and read up on performance, do that before testing.
    Read the climbout chart on the yoke for power settings.
    See the performance charts for speeds to expect (varies a bit with temps)
    Vspeeds are posted on the side walls.

Collecting all your comments on one log makes it simpler for me rather than receiving bits and pieces from many people in by PM's and Emails. Just send the log via email when you are done.

Please do not reply to my original beta PM to you. It is too long to trudge through to find comments. :-)

Thanks, have fun in your discovery sessions.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Sorry Milton,

I already replied to your original message before popping in here....and you answered both questions here before I asked
    So just delete that message.

Cheers
    Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny9850 View Post
    Sorry Milton,

I already replied to your original message before popping in here....and you answered both questions here before I asked
    So just delete that message.

Cheers
    Stefan
    LOL Sunny; not a problem :-)

Let's talk about my issues shall we? Looks like I may have included the wrong panel folder. I am checking that out right now. If I did, I will upload a new panel folder for the testers.

EDIT: I was wrong, I was right :-) The correct folder. Because I have three different versions of the panels and of the gauge cabs, the sim was reading an older cab in the FS/Gauges folder instead of the one in the panel folder. Sim always looks in tehe general Gauges folder first, if not there, then looks in the panel folder. There are some consistency issues between the 2Dpanel annunciator displays and the VC panel overhead annunciators.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here