Supermarine Attacker FB2

Thread: Supermarine Attacker FB2

Supermarine Attacker FB2

New Supermarine Attacker FB2 ready for download at www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk

Fantastic! Off to download now.

Hi Rob, I downloaded it some time ago but Avast says Main_bump.dds is a compression bomb though I know nothing about such things so not yet installed.

Done a number of checks but can find no reason for it, it may well be a false warning.

Just to let you know it is only everything else no problems.

Many thanks been waiting years for this

Rich

Hi Rich,
    Hope your keeping well, I know you have had some bad weather out your way of late!
    This is a new model and will have very little in common with the model you already have, you may have the model that Pete Forster was developing, get the latest one from my site!
    This is the first time that this Attacker has been uploaded.

Rob

Hi Rob thanks for the reply, thankfully the windy bit stayed off shore to the east, Okinwa has got the lot now.

Only version I had of a Attacker was the Fs9 version so I have yours to play with. Downloaded off your site, my nose is in there on a daily basis.

Rich

Rob, thanks for the new plane. :salute: Maybe it's the time of night but I wish all my downloads went as fast as the Attacker package did.

Thanks Rob , this is a very interesting type , course being a Navy carrier jobbie gets my attention <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Blog Entries
    Many thanks Rob, one of my favourite old British jet's, ever since I built a Frog model of it as a kid!

Regards,
    Ian.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    A taildragger carrier-based jet, what's not to like about that?

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Thanks Rob for another wonderful aircraft!
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    A taildragger carrier-based jet, what's not to like about that?
    Thanks very much for all the comments.
    P3D and FSX do not handle tail draggers all that well!
    The best way to a successful deck landing, I find, is to keep the speed around 120 knots aim for the Fourth wire, no flair!
    ( just a crash really )

Rob

Another quality model to add to the ever growing "Richardson fleet". Cheers Rob!

Not a type I'm familiar with in real life but I love vintage jets so I think I'm going to enjoy this!

Thanks again,

Ade

Thanks, wasn't expecting to see her released so soon after the preview shots apeared. Eventually managed to get her on deck on the fifth pass :P

Craig
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Masterpiece! (Keep an eye on the airspeed though, she overspeeds easily!)

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Gosh thanks! One of the more unusual candidates for this hangar - or carrier - so very welcome.

And I agree, a fast download: just 13 sec on this connection.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

A plane I never thought I would get to fly in FS. Thanks for making it happen. I can see I'm going to get a lot of flight time out of this one.

Is the airspeed overspeed(red tool tip flag) warning coming on a good bit early(before the indicated Vne)? For me it's coming on around 330 indicated.

ROb I've long 'hounded' people about this jet, and why we needed one for fsx and after the year or two of following this project, this has come as a huge supprise! I can't thank you enough! The Jet Spitfire has arrived!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Many thanks, Rob !

Tried to land this one on a carrier. Easy, but the hook isn't catching the wire! Has anyone adapted the numbers that came with the plane?

[TailHook]
    tailhook_length= 4.67
    tailhook_position=-17.429, 0.00, -1.371
    cable_force_adjust=1.80

Cees