JustFlight E.E Lightning update

Thread: JustFlight E.E Lightning update

Blog Entries

JustFlight E.E Lightning update

Just a head up, JustFlight have released an altenative update to the flight dynamics of their Lightning. I haven't tried it myself yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

http://www.justflight.com/supportfaq...c-lightning-f6

Regards,
    Ian.

Ian & JF, thank you :salute: Major improvement indeed, approaches can be done now with proper speed and pitch!

BTW: DaveQ, if you are reading this: Any progress on your 11 Sqn XR771 camo repaint?

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    Just a head up, JustFlight have released an altenative update to the flight dynamics of their Lightning. I haven't tried it myself yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

http://www.justflight.com/supportfaq...c-lightning-f6

Regards,
    Ian.

What a crap. Hands off. Itīs an alternate FDE which does not mean itīs better.

It's a modification of the original fde to incorporate some key characteristics of the Lightning, rather than an 'all new' fde. If you have a look at the text file, it lists the main changes and reasons for them. Sections in quotation marks are taken directly from the F6 Pilots' Notes.

Thanks for the HU Ian , D/load and off for a little play <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Ian & JF, thank you :salute: Major improvement indeed, approaches can be done now with proper speed and pitch!

BTW: DaveQ, if you are reading this: Any progress on your 11 Sqn XR771 camo repaint?
    To be perfectly honest Henk, I suspended work on it when I realised I have to completely redo the panels/rivets and the stencils, as well as the bump files on at least the fuselage, in order to get it looking reasonable. Btw the errors are not about anal accuracy of detail such as numbers of rivets or positioning/shapes of panels, but about duplicate copies of panel lines/rivets not being lined up before merging on the masters. There are also a number of issues with the bump files and with the texture mapping which I can't fix, and I began to wonder whether the time and effort I was putting in to this model would be worth it.

I asked if the paint kit could be redone because of the errors to the panelling but this is very unlikely to be fixed (at first I did think this post would refer to that). I've been working on CAF paints for the SSW F-104G for the past week or so but when those are done I'll get back the the Lightning and see what else I can do. It is after all, a great model.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

I should point out that this FDE was developed by Paul (delta558), so all the thanks should be directed his way

Equally, of course, any comments or support requests which are fde related, I'll be happy to respond either here or by PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by delta558 View Post
    Equally, of course, any comments or support requests which are fde related, I'll be happy to respond either here or by PM.
    Thanks Paul, I like the new FDE.

Regards,
    Ian.