Phantom Mesh Up for Grabs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phantom Mesh Up for Grabs

Phantom Mesh Up for Grabs

Is there is a FSX freeware or payware developer interested in this F4-N Phantom II mesh?

I did it recently but I cant see me getting time to finish this off so speak up now if your interested... Flying Stations and Dino Cattaneo come to mind as worthy recipiants. I dont want any money for it just to see a decent F4 in FSX in the near future.

Matt

Attachment 72633
    Attachment 72634
    Attachment 72635
    Attachment 72636

Attachment 72637
    Attachment 72638
    Attachment 72639
    Attachment 72640

The mesh is about 17900 triangles in size. It wings have the outer wing slats cut out and installed but I built the mesh in such a way as to be easy to do the full length slats needed on the C/D model.

Matt
    Attachment 72641

Scrappy you tube video walkround...

Matt

Hi Matt

I would be very interested in using that mesh, not for FSX though, I would love to use it DCS world. If it doesn't find a good home with a FSX developer would you consider my offer?

feel free to email me at shortbus_74@att.net

Jon Bailey
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It would be incredible to have a good F4C in FSX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charter Member 2015
    It's times like this when I wish I could get my head around FS aircraft developing!

A phantastically generous offer,Matt. Hopefully some of our dev maestro's will be along soon to take you up on your offer.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Thank you in advance for your generosity. I hope someone can bring it to life in FSX as we do need the Phantom.

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

Probably this is the best occasion for all the Phantom-lovers to see their dreams come true!!!
    Thank you, MDIvey!

this being either an F-4B or F-4N would be awesome for USN/USMC types and a great pair up with the A2A F-4C being done already.

Please someone put this in FSX!

Is it in *.MAX format???? :iidea:

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Thanks for all the interest. The mesh is created in 3D Canvas Professional (www.amabilis.com) but I can export in formats that can be used by MAX and have indeed done so in the past. I was expecting that the end user would likely need to have such a conversion. I can make models for FSX using my software (thanks to an excellent plugin by a gentleman called Paul Gausden) but I dont have much experience in creating FSX materials or the time to learn at the moment. My work is creating Steam engines for Train Simulators. I just fit bits of aeroplane modelling in where I can because I'm a huge fan of flight simming as well as train simming. I've got a part built F15C and Sopwith Camel on my hard drive I'd love complete but we'll have to see. The Phantom has been pushed to completion, because like a lot of you guys I love it... and think it will be great to see it modelled in FSX. I'm sure something positive will happen here... already some promising prospects.

KR Matt

I'm just bumping this up while its still relavent. The good news for Phantom fans is that providing the technical issues involed in export can be overcome that there will be al least 1 more FSX phantom project in the pipeline. Developers are by nature secrative souls so i cant tell you much more than that.

Matt

I would take this mesh from you, but i already have started a FSX FGR2, and think I am prob too far on to start again, but hey, it means another FSX Tomb, I hope someone takes it

Attachment 72712

Attachment 72713

Your project looks well advanced Dave... i think it will be a long while before people are saying there are too many F4s to choose from in FSX. I think its been much overlooked up until now. with regard to mine its been imported into MAX ok so its hopefuly all ahead full

Matt

@MDIvey

Thanks for your kind offer - and thanks for thinking of me as a worthy recipient!
    Your mesh looks really good - and we surely need Phantom in FSX.
    Unfortunately I am too busy with my new F-14D Tomcat... good luck to whoever will work on this.

That's alright Dino... I understand. I'm looking forward to your new F-14D. As far as the Phantom is concerned we have one Developer working on it and there is the possibly of another but I'm note sure at the moment how comitted he is to doing it.

Matt

I thought I'd best just clarify (since I've been approached by a third party) that at the moment the mesh is not available to anyone else... my agreement with the two parties that have approached me so far would preclude me giving it to someone else. If the second party turns out to be no longer interested then I may just stick with the first or open the opportunity up to a third party. Thats how things stand at the moment.

Matt

ok guys....

well this thread has served it purpose and I'd like to thank you all for your interest in support. Despite the fact that I have the greatest respect for the second party who approached me I've decided to go exclusively with the first party who contacted me. I am allowed to tell you who that is now but dont expect any dramatic progress shots for a while as these projects take a lot of time and effort... the developer taking my Phantom mesh forward is.... drum roll... FlyingStation...yeh!!!

Matt

Outstanding, going to go very well on the Ark alongside the Bucc S.2.

Craig
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

I'd just like to thank Matt for choosing us to take on his baby!

Obviously we want to do his work justice so while we finish off the S2 we'll be brushing up on our F-4 knowledge and planning how we're going to attack things. This does mean we won't be releasing it next week, but as soon as we have some work in progress shots you'll be the first to know. Well probably about third after I show them to Matt and post them on our forum, but you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyBing View Post
    I'd just like to thank Matt for choosing us to take on his baby!

Obviously we want to do his work justice so while we finish off the S2 we'll be brushing up on our F-4 knowledge and planning how we're going to attack things. This does mean we won't be releasing it next week, but as soon as we have some work in progress shots you'll be the first to know. Well probably about third after I show them to Matt and post them on our forum, but you get the idea.

whoooooo!!!! thats grand! you did the S1 really well so the F-4 should be brilliant! You guys going to do the RAF aswell as the RN versions i hope? BTW how is the S2 comming along?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Sykes View Post

whoooooo!!!! thats grand! you did the S1 really well so the F-4 should be brilliant! You guys going to do the RAF aswell as the RN versions i hope? BTW how is the S2 comming along?
    The tentative plan is to do most versions split into two or three logical groupings, e.g. B/C/D/N, J/K/M/S and E/F/G. This is still in the planning stages so may change as we get our heads round the various wing/tailplane/sensor configurations.

The S2 modelling is nearly finished, I'm currently working on the S2B bomb door tank and once that and a couple of minor extras are done it'll go for texturing while I wrap up the changes to the gauges/FDE etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyBing View Post
    The tentative plan is to do most versions split into two or three logical groupings, e.g. B/C/D/N, J/K/M/S and E/F/G. This is still in the planning stages so may change as we get our heads round the various wing/tailplane/sensor configurations.

The S2 modelling is nearly finished, I'm currently working on the S2B bomb door tank and once that and a couple of minor extras are done it'll go for texturing while I wrap up the changes to the gauges/FDE etc.

thanks Skippy! looking forward to a bit of low level in your S2

I cant wait for the S2 either... I use the S1 a lot but the S2 has the edge looks wise slightly.

Back when I used to do radio Control models I always considered the pinacle of my asperations, a certain manufactures Ducted Fan F-4N in VF-84 markings. Even If I had the money to do one though I'd have been too scared to fly a monster like that... far tooo much responsibility. But it is a desire to see that in FSX that has driven this project and Phils hopefully going to include that for me. That'll really be the business.

Matt