Nvidia Inspector

Thread: Nvidia Inspector

Nvidia Inspector

Hello All,

I have NVIDIA's GTX 570 video card in my new system and I've updated the drivers to 304.79, the very latest offering from NVIDIA.

My question is this: After tweaking the anti-aliasing and anisotropic through the card's settings but it still seems like there are a few very minute jaggies on planes.

I looked for the 'Inspector' update through NVIDIA but couldn't find it. I'm assuming it's a third-party add-on then.

Is it safe? Does it interfere with or somehow void NVIDIA's warranty? I'm assuming this is what I need to dial in the graphics to perfection?

Darrin

Hi Darrin,

Have you ever tried the DXT3 fixer utility uploaded to Avsim by Peter Nyman?
    This really worked wonders!
    I scanned the entire fs9 installation with only positive results and no 'side effects'!
    These 'stutters' are mainly not caused by the video card, but through faulty DXT3 textures without alpha.
    Please refer to the links above for more feedback:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d-at-Avsim-%21

Regards, Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by vmx12 View Post
    Hello All,

I have NVIDIA's GTX 570 video card in my new system and I've updated the drivers to 304.79, the very latest offering from NVIDIA.

My question is this: After tweaking the anti-aliasing and anisotropic through the card's settings but it still seems like there are a few very minute jaggies on planes.

I looked for the 'Inspector' update through NVIDIA but couldn't find it. I'm assuming it's a third-party add-on then.

Is it safe? Does it interfere with or somehow void NVIDIA's warranty? I'm assuming this is what I need to dial in the graphics to perfection?

Darrin
    Yes, nvidia inspector is absolutely the best way to go. Nick Needham at Flight1 has provided the proper settings for it. If you can't find the link in their forum, post again and I'll see if I can dig them out.

Thanks!

Thanks, Stuart and Rich! I will check-out both!

I'm fairly sure this links to Nick's latest posting and Nvidia Inspector download. The settings work equally well in FS2004 and FSX.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/fsx-...opic36586.html

I also used the DXT3 fixer recently for my entire FS9 installation and it improved things even more. (I keep a cloned copy of my FS9 disk just in case things 'go wrong').

Quote Originally Posted by JoHubb View Post
    I'm fairly sure this links to Nick's latest posting and Nvidia Inspector download. The settings work equally well in FS2004 and FSX.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/fsx-...opic36586.html

I also used the DXT3 fixer recently for my entire FS9 installation and it improved things even more. (I keep a cloned copy of my FS9 disk just in case things 'go wrong').
    I just downloaded a newer version of the NI yesterday. . .it's up to 1.9.6.6 now. Just "Google" NVidia Inspector.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)