Update your Java

Thread: Update your Java

Update your Java

Some of you may remember a while ago (maybe a year?) I posted a bit on how viruses were using Java to hide in a PC.

I was at that time provided instructions from a friend on how to disable Java's temporary internet files which was where these bastages were hiding.

Well here we go again.

Oracle issues patch for Java loopholes

Oracle has issued a patch for loopholes in its Java program that was being actively abused by cyber-thieves.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-19434927

You might want to update your Java.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerousdave26 View Post
    Some of you may remember a while ago (maybe a year?) I posted a bit on how viruses were using Java to hide in a PC.

I was at that time provided instructions from a friend on how to disable Java's temporary internet files which was where these bastages were hiding.

Well here we go again.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-19434927

Done! thank u!
    Hit hard, hit fast, hit where it hurts and keep hitting.

"Bastages".....my new word....
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Thanks Dave for the excellent reminder . "Bastages" I like this word too . I am going to add it to my daily conversations when all of us "old geezers" go out for breakfast now and then and bitch about politics , politicians , economy and yes , women on occasion . At soon to be 65 , my wife quit worrying about me years ago .

Rich

words

One I picked up from SNL, cork soakers

It only gets one more shot at me. I've had to recover from "Java Exploits" twice in the last year. "Bastages"(Superior term!)
    Both times Java got the axe during the clean-up...but...I reinstalled it shortly afterwards out of necessity.
    If it wasn't for my love of AICarriers and AIBT, it wouldn't be welcome on my rig at all...Don
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP wet), EVGA GTX 970 FTW, 16GB DDR3-2400,
    128GB SAMSUNG 830-Win 7 Ult x64, 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro-FS9/FSX/P3D, WD 1TB Black-FS98, ROF, etc. WD Black 2TB-Storage/Backup,

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerousdave26 View Post

Does this update correct the previous? http://itnerd.wordpress.com/2012/09/...abilities-wtf/

Blog Entries
    Attachment 71966:isadizzy:
    Look What I Have Become!

Quote Originally Posted by fxsttcb View Post
    If it wasn't for my love of AICarriers and AIBT, it wouldn't be welcome on my rig at all...Don
    I've got a Google Nexus 7 - Android 4.1 doesn't support Java at all and won't download it....which is a bit of a bugger because one of my web genealogy sites runs java for it's display. oh well.....:isadizzy: