Just Flight F-111 Aardvark Download Version Released (Payware)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Flight F-111 Aardvark Download Version Released (Payware)

Just Flight F-111 Aardvark Download Version Released (Payware)

The Just Flight F-111 Aardvark download version is available HERE!!
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Just downloaded it.

From the looks of the screens it appears to be the same as the F111.com release.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    Just downloaded it.

From the looks of the screens it appears to be the same as the F111.com release.
    Not even close if I compare textures and VC. F111.com is still in beta.

Not to be too anal but can I suggest we throw " just flight" in the heading to prevent any confusion ?

It does look nice I will give you that

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Not to be too anal but can I suggest we throw " just flight" in the heading to prevent any confusion ?

It does look nice I will give you that
    Agree with you there Matt.

I hope it gets your talent applied to it at some stage.

Cheers.
    [SIGPIC].................[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine1 View Post
    Agree with you there Matt.

I hope it gets your talent applied to it at some stage.

Cheers.
    Sorry mate

Im waiting on the 3rd model

same here ....I want to hear reviews of all three before deciding.

Blog Entries
    That is a nice looking bird. For $30, I think I will try.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Blog Entries
    I purchased the Just Flight F-111 and took her for a short flight. My initial impressions are positive, provided what you want is to see firsthand what a F-111 is like to fly. The cockpit details are impressive. The plane accelerates like a bat out of hell, and seems to handle and fly as I would expect an aircraft of its size and weight to handle. The ejection sequence is a little unrealistic. Until you deploy the parachute, a separate action from ejection, you simply have a flying capsule. It will climb and roll just like the airplane. Still, how many military flight models allow ejection? So, I will reiterate my earlier opinion. If you want a nice looking F-111 that seems to fly like the real F-111, it is a bargain at $30 USD.

Now for the not so good part. If you want to drop ordinance and fly TFL, you are out of luck with this model. Just Flight states that since FSX is a civilian sim, they didn't equip the model with workable ordinance. I consider that a euphemism for, "We didn't want to put in the time and energy to make the ordinance workable so, we will claim it is a civilian sim." Poppycock!

One, FSX is a "Flight" simulator not a Civilian simulator. It is a Flight Sim. Iris, Milviz, VRS, and maybe others have proven that it is quite possible to drop bombs, shoot down AI aircraft within FSX.

Two, the USAF calls these airplanes, "Weapons systems." They are not just airplanes. They are designed and actually work quite well as a system to deliver weapons (ordinance) on a target. FSX and flight simming in general has come a lone way from the days when a purchaser would be happy if the gauges looked real and function correctly. I would have been willing to spend $50 for a F-111 which had a working radar and ordinance delivery capabilities. This one does not have those capabilities. I am disappointed in this respect.

The above is my opinion on current FSX military aircraft. Not everyone wants to drop bombs or shoot down unsuspecting airliners. If you just want to fly the F-111, the Just Flight model is a good airplane and worth the $30. If the F111.com model is a simulation of a weapons system, I will buy it. If not, then I already have a nice looking F-111 to fly around when the mood strikes.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

I love swing wings. The B-1 and F-111 are 2 of my favorite military jets to fly. Operating the wings adds to the workload,planning and lets face it, cool factor. I have been staring at this one but does it bring to the table 30 bucks more than the Virtavia? I was just flying the Virt last night and still very happy with it.

PS Just bought it so if anyone wants my usual unsugar coated mini review first impression kinda post let me know.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    I love swing wings....

...PS Just bought it so if anyone wants my usual unsugar coated mini review first impression kinda post let me know.
    I would be interested in your impression of this one vs the Virtavia version.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

In all aspects I prefer the Virtavia.
    Hope this does not come as a slam or overly negative. But there is another F-111 out there and one on the way so comparing them is unavoidable. On its own the JF is a good,solid addon. That said....

I replaced the soundset with the Virtavia. The engines sounded like you were standing in front parking it rather than sitting in it. Accufeel sounded the same canopy opened/closed. I have a nice Bose surrround setup and the whining,whistle is loud and I suffered ear fatigue in just a few short flights.

The vr pit is well done but there are no popup other than a stock gps. Even with trackir it can be frustrating constantly looking over your shoulder to get to some ap controls. I have not had time to troubleshoot or really dig into it but I have issues with the heading hsi . You touch the knob with the mouse pointer and get a tooltip with your desired heading. I see no bug or other numeric indication so thats all you have. Same with the course. You have to be just in the exact right place or you lose the tooltip and in a moving plane its frustrating. The hsi is also mislabeled with a heading of 250 on the marking before 180 iirc. I tried shooting some ils approaches but fumbling with the heading bug combined with no hud ils I gave up. There is one small hsi/ils gauge betreen the copilots legs but I cannot imagine trying to use it while flying. There are ALOT of switches,knobs in this plane so take what I report as preliminary. Anyways, my neck got tired of bending around trying to take in all those switches and contortions needed to run the ap so I took the AP and radio lines out of the Virt panel cfg and added them to the JF f111. Much, much easier to operate. Now I can easily change alt,speed,head,course from popups. I also replaced the sounds with the Virt.
    The fm is ok. The Virt just feels more mature,solid. Yes that VERY subjective. As with alot of the FSX jets with very high top speeds,mach 2 for this one, there are some problems. You can go burner,rotate,get your gear flaps up and be at 500 knots 1/4 off the runway. Break mach 1 soon after. I guess problem is the wrong word as the Virt is the same. In other words the spped can get away from you quickly while you are fumbling around the pit. I wish there was some damage modelling ala A2A but as is the wingsweep from what I can tell cannot be damaged.
    So all in all imo the JF really does not improve apon the Virtavia. Operating the AP was frustating. The hud is not as well done or as easy to see. Maybe it will grow on me but after adding the ap,radios,sound set from the Virtavia, I still prefer the fm,hud and external models of the Virtavia.

I plan to spend some more time with the basic systems and thin manual tomorrow. Its just a very busy cockpit and I can see why it takes 2 guys side by side to operate it. If the other upcoming F-111 is as systems heavy and realistic as it looks, its going to be a handfull.
    If anyone reads this and wants to save me some time I have some questions.
    Does the heading gauge [hsi] have a bug or numeric display to show your desired heading input other than the tool tip?
    Can you change the HUD brightness,color? If so how?
    Can you change the HUD modes to nav, ILS? All I see are 2,default and a bombing sight.

I thought it might be helpful to outline some of the features of the Just Flight model. I am no believer in comparisons because models are built under entirely different conditions, for wildly fluctuating budgets and in very different timeframes. Also it is not really my position to comment on other productions unless as a customer. Which I am by the way.

We are producing a demo version currently so people can try this model for themselves.

Also, we are working on a collimated, conformal HUD replacement as an option for those that prefer that kind of HUD.Not everyone does.

However, if people want more info in comparison with what else is currently available, here goes:

The wing gloves and leading edgeslats operate correctly first, before the main flaps.

The swing-wing system is modeled and coded to be accurate and does not rely on flap control, it is independent of it. Also the Just Flight F111 swing-wing system directly affects performance realistically.

If a weapon or pod is added to the outer pylon on the "C" version, the wing will not swing back beyond 26 degrees as per the real thing.

Please check over levels of detail in the Just Flight F111. Every decal, placard and notice is legible all over the airframe. Check out the sheer amount of modeling and animation in the wheel wells as an example of what has gone into this model.

The soundpack is a professionally produced fully sampled set by Turbine Sound Studios. If it is changed out an owner will miss out on all the subtleties like the auto-rocket that fires when you eject.

TFR is simulated as best we can. It does react to height and proximity of higher ground but of course, FSX cannot "see forward" so therefore will not warn early enough. You can simulate a system based on GPWS but again, it is only effective directly over the obstruction, when it would be too late. If another developer does produce true TFR then it will be as important as Accusim and my hat will go off to them.(and probably into my mouth)

As to cockpit navigation and pop-ups, there is a whole suite of camera views designed specifically for the pilot to get ot vital controls and instruments simply by cycling throught the views. That is why there are no pop-ups.

A massive amount of systems modeling and coding has gone into this package. Including correct engine start procedure with option of ground or on-board cartridge starting.

A full set of ordnance can be selected at will using the special load-out screen. No we have not made them droppable but that was our decision. "poppycock" is what you may wish to call that but it is our position (for personal reasons) which Just Flight supports and we would hope that people would respect our decision even if they don't agree with it . We built the F111 to be a flying replica of another classic aeroplane. It is built for a simulator which does not support weapons use and was never designed as a combat simulator.

Anyway, with the demo and HUD option coming soon, people will be able to decide for themselves, I guess. I know what went into this product and am very, very proud of the results.

Chaps,

There isa demo of the current F-111 build available from the product page here - http://www.justflight.com/product/f1...dvark-download

It's limited to 1000ft AGL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RAS_JF View Post
    Chaps,

There isa demo of the current F-111 build available from the product page here - http://www.justflight.com/product/f1...dvark-download

It's limited to 1000ft AGL
    Thanks for that, I'll give it a try. I don't particularly like the F-111, but I am becoming increasingly tempted by this one. Having said that I did buy the Virtavia one and found it to be exceedingly average.

Regards,
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    ......A full set of ordnance can be selected at will using the special load-out screen. No we have not made them droppable but that was our decision. "poppycock" is what you may wish to call that but it is our position (for personal reasons) which Just Flight supports and we would hope that people would respect our decision even if they don't agree with it .....
    I'm in the group that doesn't have a ton load of time to actually sit in the cockpit and fly, let alone drop a bomb, so I do appreciate a simple load-out screen (as provided in this release).

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Hmmmm, is it me or have all 3 developers of the F-111 ( 2 released so far) overlooked the F-111F variant with the pavetac pod?

Looking at the virtavia offering, there isn't one there, and now just flight have done the same......no 'F' variant to allow some Lakenheath repaints.

Not too sure if the f111-fsx version will include this variant either.....why?????

Maybe hoping for too much but i thought at least one developer would see what the other's aren't doing and fill the gap.

Hoping the guys from Virtavia/JustFlight & F111-FSX.com see this thread and take this on.

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by trevytt2004 View Post
    Hmmmm, is it me or have all 3 developers of the F-111 ( 2 released so far) overlooked the F-111F variant with the pavetac pod?

Looking at the virtavia offering, there isn't one there, and now just flight have done the same......no 'F' variant to allow some Lakenheath repaints.

Not too sure if the f111-fsx version will include this variant either.....why?????

Maybe hoping for too much but i thought at least one developer would see what the other's aren't doing and fill the gap.

Hoping the guys from Virtavia/JustFlight & F111-FSX.com see this thread and take this on.

Trev
    Well, look again... the Virtavia pack includes F-111F with Pavetack

Just a brief note. I have downloaded the demo to see how it works. The demo was ok, so went to purchase.
    To make it short: disappointing. I would have prefered the sound of the demo version, the point of view, the hud...
    Unfortunately i have not seen what the engine indication does. 1400 ITT all the time out of green band, its a kind of on/off indication.
    Fuel flow indication is a complete crap. Needle moves only in very narrow area. So, not interrested what the numbers say.
    On my system the "now collimated" hud is completely transparent, so in "off" i see only a u-shaped frame. (Which was not in the demo)
    I have unistalled the product and will never use this dev anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    I thought it might be helpful to outline some of the features of the Just Flight model. I am no believer in comparisons because models are built under entirely different conditions, for wildly fluctuating budgets and in very different timeframes. Also it is not really my position to comment on other productions unless as a customer. Which I am by the way.

We are producing a demo version currently so people can try this model for themselves.

Also, we are working on a collimated, conformal HUD replacement as an option for those that prefer that kind of HUD.Not everyone does.

However, if people want more info in comparison with what else is currently available, here goes:

The wing gloves and leading edgeslats operate correctly first, before the main flaps.

The swing-wing system is modeled and coded to be accurate and does not rely on flap control, it is independent of it. Also the Just Flight F111 swing-wing system directly affects performance realistically.

If a weapon or pod is added to the outer pylon on the "C" version, the wing will not swing back beyond 26 degrees as per the real thing.

Please check over levels of detail in the Just Flight F111. Every decal, placard and notice is legible all over the airframe. Check out the sheer amount of modeling and animation in the wheel wells as an example of what has gone into this model.

The soundpack is a professionally produced fully sampled set by Turbine Sound Studios. If it is changed out an owner will miss out on all the subtleties like the auto-rocket that fires when you eject.

TFR is simulated as best we can. It does react to height and proximity of higher ground but of course, FSX cannot "see forward" so therefore will not warn early enough. You can simulate a system based on GPWS but again, it is only effective directly over the obstruction, when it would be too late. If another developer does produce true TFR then it will be as important as Accusim and my hat will go off to them.(and probably into my mouth)

As to cockpit navigation and pop-ups, there is a whole suite of camera views designed specifically for the pilot to get ot vital controls and instruments simply by cycling throught the views. That is why there are no pop-ups.

A massive amount of systems modeling and coding has gone into this package. Including correct engine start procedure with option of ground or on-board cartridge starting.

A full set of ordnance can be selected at will using the special load-out screen. No we have not made them droppable but that was our decision. "poppycock" is what you may wish to call that but it is our position (for personal reasons) which Just Flight supports and we would hope that people would respect our decision even if they don't agree with it . We built the F111 to be a flying replica of another classic aeroplane. It is built for a simulator which does not support weapons use and was never designed as a combat simulator.

Anyway, with the demo and HUD option coming soon, people will be able to decide for themselves, I guess. I know what went into this product and am very, very proud of the results.

At US$22.99 (around A$21.00) I'm not going to whinge about the product, especially as one might expect updates if needed.
    Of course if you don't mind the restrictions you could simply keep flying the 'Demo'.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

See dev statement:
    "A massive amount of systems modeling and coding has gone into this package. Including correct engine start procedure with option of ground or on-board cartridge starting."
    I feel cheated and that is not a question how much money was wasted.
    There will be no update as long as repaints, paintkit and effects are more important to customers than proper engine parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    At US$22.99 (around A$21.00) I'm not going to whinge about the product, especially as one might expect updates if needed.
    Of course if you don't mind the restrictions you could simply keep flying the 'Demo'.

Being a F111 nutter i have both , I have found the Just Flight , Bazzar's Aardvark simply brilliant by compare to the Virtavia model altho this has more versions . This aircraft is much smoother with the canopy railings rather the lessor points giving squared points of the F111V , the F111JF textures are also superb, it is also an easy model to paint . The best feedback is from the many FS simmer who stop by to have a look and without having to point out the differences instantly decided on this model <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

[QUOTE=narah;764616]
    On my system the "now collimated" hud is completely transparent, so in "off" i see only a u-shaped frame.

Well the frame is clear because you have selected "off" - seems logical enough to me...

Quote Originally Posted by narah View Post
    See dev statement:
    "A massive amount of systems modeling and coding has gone into this package. Including correct engine start procedure with option of ground or on-board cartridge starting."
    I feel cheated and that is not a question how much money was wasted.
    There will be no update as long as repaints, paintkit and effects are more important to customers than proper engine parameters.
    I am certain that there are many F111 pilots on this list that can tell us just how good or bad the Just Flight simulation is. There is of course another F111 in the works as an alternative.