New features at The Owl's Nest

Thread: New features at The Owl's Nest

New features at The Owl's Nest

Hi again.

I just want to let you know about two new features of The Owl's Nest which you might find interesting.

After a longer while of only keeping the MAIW reference list a-jour I thought it was high time to add something new to The Owl's Nest. Actually this special feature was planned shortly after the initial Go-Live. So I am a bit late by now..

Everything (aircraft, paints, flight plans) outside the well known packages plays a constant hide and seek with us. Where was that special repaint once again? Is there a flight plan for this specific aircraft?

I thought it worthwhile to start a list of such Military AI related files. You will find it at The Owl's Nest, menu "AI & Flightsim sites" --> "Other AI Aircraft" or directly via this link. The list has 457 records right now.

In the text above the list you will find a linked Excel sheet that gives you the chance to provide data that is missing. Everybody knows some jewels which have escaped the attention of many others.

Furthermore I have replace the old military AI world map with a new one, which looks much nicer. Also it is way better to maintain. This one will automatically be updated with every new MAIW or Other AI package.

You can check it out here.

Your feedback is appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Martin

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __
    The Owl's Nest * Military Aircraft Reference * ICAO Reference * Distance Calculator * MAIW, Military AI & UKMil Reference

A great idea.

Feel free to harvest the page linked below if you like. I'm sure you have most
    of these but there are a few put together by myself in cooperation with others
    that may be of interest.

http://www.mirage4fs.com/scenery_traffic.html

:ernae:

Much better map
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Hi Frank

I will check your list and add anything missing.

Thanks, Naismith - way better, I agree!
    Cheers,
    Martin

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __
    The Owl's Nest * Military Aircraft Reference * ICAO Reference * Distance Calculator * MAIW, Military AI & UKMil Reference

With a proud feeling I can say that 4 months after the introduction the Military AI Reference has passed 1.000 entries. I like to express my thanks to the kind people who have provided feedback and helped to make this list what it is today.

Cheers,
    Martin

Thanks for the effort! AI traffic really spices up the flight sim experience.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

It's a great site, thank you for your time and effort, much appreciated.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Thank you very much for the kind words!
    Cheers,
    Martin

The Owl's Nest Military AI Reference now includes all MAIW aircraft

With the exceptions of 22 packages - which will be covered soon - all aircraft (401 in total) from all MAIW packages are now included in the Military AI Reference, extending the list to a total of 1690 records. This should noticeably improve your ability to easily find specific military AI aircraft models, repaints and flight plans.

The MAIW package reference will stay as is. Future MAIW packages will be listed there as usual, plus the aircraft will go into the AI reference.
    Cheers,
    Martin

Military AI

Thanks for keeping this document up to date and relevant!
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Benjamin Franklin

Hello again.

The Military AI Reference at The Owl's Nest has been restructured. Each entry now lists the model it refers to. That has become important due to the fact that many aircraft models have been created by more than one designer (e.g. EE Lightning, MiG-21, An-124, F-4 Phantom etc.). Now you don't have to guess which model a given repaint or flight plan is made for. Furthermore the number of records has recently exceeded 2000 and is already closing on 2100.

Follow this link to have a look at the Military AI reference.

A new addition to The Owl's Nest is the FSX Screenshot Gallery. You will find all winning pictures of the monthly MAIW Hot Shot competition here plus a selection of AI shots I did myself.

Follow this link to visit the AI Screenshot Gallery.
    Cheers,
    Martin

Magnum opus come to mind!
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Benjamin Franklin

AI aircraft is about the only aspect of flight simulation that has completely befuddled me. If I can ever take the time to understand how to incorporate it into FSX, I know it would be rewarding. So many great MAIW packages, especially USN aviation! NC

USN E7, plenty of us over at the MAIW forums running just about all FS9 made packages in FSX. I assure you all my NAS/MCAS's are stock full of accurate AI airframes, the retro scene is not bad either with recent A-4/F-8 models adding to the mix, and yes even the SLUF is modeled.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    USN E7, plenty of us over at the MAIW forums running just about all FS9 made packages in FSX. I assure you all my NAS/MCAS's are stock full of accurate AI airframes, the retro scene is not bad either with recent A-4/F-8 models adding to the mix, and yes even the SLUF is modeled.
    Really sounds nice. Always was a dream of mine to have SLUFs flying out of NAS Cecil Field, doing carquals off the coast of Mayport, and rtn to Cecil. THAT would be so cool to fly hops with! NC

There has never been a better time for Military AI than just now. So many badly missed retro aircraft have been modeled recently, and the pipeline looks very promising.

You may want to have a look at my MAIW FSX installation guide to get yourself started, NC.
    Cheers,
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by gsnde View Post
    There has never been a better time for Military AI than just now. So many badly missed retro aircraft have been modeled recently, and the pipeline looks very promising.

You may want to have a look at my MAIW FSX installation guide to get yourself started, NC.
    I will:salute: Has there been more than one guide published? I tried to follow one many years ago, but got too frustrated and gave up. Am hoping I can succeed this time. Thanks, NC

Most likely that was the one, NC. I guess I need to rewrite many parts to make it easier. Have a look at it again, and just ask for help whenever you get stuck. The MAIW forum has even an FSX section meanwhile
    Cheers,
    Martin