Donationware FDG2 Wildcat

Thread: Donationware FDG2 Wildcat

Donationware FDG2 Wildcat

I recently retrieved my FDG2 Wildcats from the hangar, and have been examining ways to improve the aircraft.

In examining the panels using FS Panel Studio, it appears that the original package is missing a few items. The VCockpit for example refers to a texture file "gauges_3.bmp" that is missing from the panel folder, and there are references to a P51D!Fuel gauge which is nowhere to be found.

I was just wondering if anyone has any more information on the missing panel components, or if anyone has tweaked the series.

Thanx
    :ernae:
    --WH

WH

The Gauges_3.bmp is not missing.....it simply does not need to be there. That "texture" is the name assigned to the invisible "projection screen" that the VC gauges show up on. Nothing wrong there.

The P-51d.gau set is a stock CFS2 gauge set...if you need it, I can send it to you. THe P-51D!Fuel is simply how that particular gauge is called from the P-51D.gau set.

I just took a look at the panel configs in the FDG2 Wildcats and saw that the pixel_size lines were set for other than 1024,1024. Setting the pixel_size= to 1024,1024 will give max clarity to the VC gauges.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    WH

The Gauges_3.bmp is not missing.....it simply does not need to be there. That "texture" is the name assigned to the invisible "projection screen" that the VC gauges show up on. Nothing wrong there.

The P-51d.gau set is a stock CFS2 gauge set...if you need it, I can send it to you. THe P-51D!Fuel is simply how that particular gauge is called from the P-51D.gau set.

I just took a look at the panel configs in the FDG2 Wildcats and saw that the pixel_size lines were set for other than 1024,1024. Setting the pixel_size= to 1024,1024 will give max clarity to the VC gauges.

OBIO
    Okay. We're making progress.

I replaced the P-51d.gau with the F4F4_Wildcat!Fuel-Tank-Content.gau from the 2D panel and it works fine.

Already changed the pixel_size, so that is covered.

One item I'm puzzled about is the missing gauge, top center in the VC. There is no comparable gauge in the 2D, no gauge listed for the VC, but the model is setup for something. Wonder if a bogus gauge with matching panel texture could be created to mask the grey circle in the middle of the panel??

OBIO, do you know if anyone created any exhaust flame effects for the Wildcat?

Thanx
    :ernae:
    --WH