My Preoccupation With The Roco Cataipaut Program

Thread: My Preoccupation With The Roco Cataipaut Program

My Preoccupation With The Roco Cataipaut Program

After reading my series of books on Naval pilots such as Rampant Raiders by Lt Steven Gray
    when he flew A-4Es from The Bonne Hon Richard I was fixted on this ability to launch me and
    my Alphasim F-4J from a carrier useing the ROCO Cat program, the Alphasim F-4J has a
    angle of attack gauge to help center the meatball. After many failed attemps to get it to
    work and reading the many instuctions I resigned myself to launching the Alphasim RA-5
    Vigilanti which is so powerful I do not have to use a cat to launch, I am sure the Roco cat
    program is a succesful software in the hands of experienced sim pilots but I am not a very
    smart simmer and I am near 70 yrs old. I thought maybe some one can build a carrier
    scnery with the cat and trap wires already in the carrier or maybe Abacus a Cat launch
    rogram for people who are not gifted in this.

Cheers

Casey

Quote Originally Posted by casey jones View Post
    After reading my series of books on Naval pilots such as Rampant Raiders by Lt Steven Gray
    when he flew A-4Es from The Bonne Hon Richard I was fixted on this ability to launch me and
    my Alphasim F-4J from a carrier useing the ROCO Cat program, the Alphasim F-4J has a
    angle of attack gauge to help center the meatball. After many failed attemps to get it to
    work and reading the many instuctions I resigned myself to launching the Alphasim RA-5
    Vigilanti which is so powerful I do not have to use a cat to launch, I am sure the Roco cat
    program is a succesful software in the hands of experienced sim pilots but I am not a very
    smart simmer and I am near 70 yrs old. I thought maybe some one can build a carrier
    scnery with the cat and trap wires already in the carrier or maybe Abacus a Cat launch
    rogram for people who are not gifted in this.

Cheers

Casey
    Easiest way to cat and trap is using Rob Barendregts carrier ops gauge package,
    All you need to do then is tweek the panel.cfg file of the plane you want to use.

Imho one of the better starting points for jet ops is the F8 Crusader by Roland Laborie and friends.
    Has the gauge package and panel.cfg preinstalled.

Ttfn

Pete

Sir,

hee is a link to a simple to use carrier ops utilitiy called Arrestor Cable 2.6:

http://www.simviation.com/simviation...ad.php?ID=3341

This is very good and you can launch planes from a catapult with simple key commands.

Setting up a cable zone is also quite simple.

Hope this helps!

Sascha

Thank You Motormouse and Sascha

Thank you for helping me.

Cheers

Casey