Swingman's GRUMMAN DUCK is the real thing - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Swingman's GRUMMAN DUCK is the real thing

Looks like the websites dead now

It seems you can go on the site, but you can't go on any sections(COULD IT BE HE GOT HIS WEBSITE CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!)

I'm lucky using satellite every time I log-on I get a new IP from several different ranges. I have recorded every page for three weeks and have proof of changes, deletions, changes and etc.

Roger, I want to send a certified letter to Classic Wings provider to get them to back down on the complaint but I have no contact there, do you know who I should contact? The only reason I asked you is occasionally post there and I thought you would know.

SIDE NOTE: After 12 years of helping create what as know as sim-outhouse.com I have a vested interest in following the original model we used to make the site work at combatfs.com. My heart will always be with CFC (combatfs.com) Combat Flight Center. I want people to know if we ever get off course I will be one pissed former retired administrator. We are here for ONLY ONE REASON - Serve the Community free of charge and with no ads and to follow the rules of fairness and never become self serving.

I had a look at the Icarusgold forums:

I could not find any posts made by 'members' - every single post is made by "Webmaster", whose status is "Super Administrator". While many posts appear to contain quotes from members, every single one indicates that it was edited by Webmaster.

Josef Goebbels would have been proud of him.

PS- Now I cannot access the website anymore - just like Roger!
    Alan

~ A clear conscience is usually the sign of a poor memory ~

What aussiex members have said

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...d/page__st__20

Go to the seventh post!!!!!!!!(trying to steal the duck because theirs is worthless is what i think)

Quote Originally Posted by josepicos View Post
    It seems you can go on the site, but you can't go on any sections(COULD IT BE HE GOT HIS WEBSITE CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!)
    Nope I can still get in and see all the pages but you must type in his web address in a new browser tab or window otherwise it will show as a re-direct from here and he has that function blocked.
    Larry

Roger, I want to send a certified letter to Classic Wings provider to get them to back down on the complaint but I have no contact there, do you know who I should contact? The only reason I asked you is occasionally post there and I thought you would know.
    Ck, I have asked Craig for the information required.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Larry, I typed in the Icarusgold address in a new browser tab and was taken straight to a forum page. When I clicked the "Home" button I got this message:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /FS/index.php on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

<ADDRESS>Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.9 Server at www.icarusgold.com Port 80</ADDRESS>

So it appears only sections they want you to see are accessable.

Also it is a wonder he hasn't accused Dave Garwood of pirating their Dh-89 Rapide.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Also it is a wonder he hasn't accused Dave Garwood of pirating their Dh-89 Rapide.
    Oh don't start that Pat!

We host Dave's Rapide files here too so we don't need to go though all this again over the Rapide files!

Larry

This is the Best Freeware Duck Ever created !!

:salute: Kepp Up The Great Job

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

I just downloaded it.....where is the sound for it?

Beautiful aircraft!

Quote Originally Posted by Warhawk1130 View Post

Beautiful aircraft!
    It's in the Grumman_J2F6_Duck folder and the other Duck variants link to it via aliases.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Warhawk1130 View Post
    I'm using the North American T-28 Soundset for FS2004/02/CFS2/CFS3 by Aaron R. Swindle in FSX. It seems to sound how I would expect it to sound.

Not sure where I got the sound files from but try the Flightsim, AVSIM or Simviation libraries.
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    It's in the Grumman_J2F6_Duck folder and the other Duck variants link to it via aliases.
    Thank you...

KUDOS

..to all the SOH staff who went to bat for Swingman's Duck.

You all deserve a few..

--WH

This guy's website is pretty nasty. He has no legs to stand on, Swingman's Duck is no where near the same as his. Visually one could verify this by looking at the float and how it contacts the fuselage, among other things. Glad to hear we will be able to use Swingman's Duck again. It's fantastic.

Jp

Quote Originally Posted by jp View Post
    This guy's website is pretty nasty. He has no legs to stand on, Swingman's Duck is no where near the same as his. Visually one could verify this by looking at the float and how it contacts the fuselage, among other things. Glad to hear we will be able to use Swingman's Duck again. It's fantastic.

Jp
    Icarusgold displayed poor character on several occasions...to say the least - it's OK with me if SOH decides not to promote or discuss their products going forward

Swingman has remained reserved and shown great character throughout...tremendous character - but at the core of it all, right is right.

SOH - we appreciate all that you guys do to provide an uncommon area for the community to come together and share ideas - thank you for breaking it all down for us, you
    didn't have to share this behind the scenes drama - must have provided you some unnecessary stress...until you called the bike shop that is...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Just been browsing through Icarusgold's website. Very nasty stuff, really quite vitriolic in his comments. Very, very disappointing behaviour. I certainly won't be buying any more of his products.

Oh, and I just d/loaded Swingman's Duck!
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pips View Post
    Just been browsing through Icarusgold's website. Very nasty stuff, really quite vitriolic in his comments. Very, very disappointing behaviour. I certainly won't be buying any more of his products.

Oh, and I just d/loaded Swingman's Duck!
    Great job at downloading the duck!!
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

What did I do?! I guess just being a vociferous seeker of the truth is a bad thing.
    Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /FS/news.php on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

<ADDRESS>Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.9 Server at www.icarusgold.com Port 80</ADDRESS>
    J2F-6 not uploaded yet?
    When all are back up, I'll grab the new links and update my readme for the Panel and FDE I uploaded.
    Thank You, to all of the SOH staff for, hopefully, once and for all, putting this to rest. Quite commendable handling of the situation. ...Don
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP wet), EVGA GTX 970 FTW, 16GB DDR3-2400,
    128GB SAMSUNG 830-Win 7 Ult x64, 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro-FS9/FSX/P3D, WD 1TB Black-FS98, ROF, etc. WD Black 2TB-Storage/Backup,

Quote Originally Posted by Canelo_kid View Post
    ... Now to pay my brother in law back I have to go to Tucson and cut down a dead tree in his yard... After much discussion between me and my brother in law no legal actions will be taken against Icarusgold unless he continues his false statements and false correspondence...
    Kudos for your mature attitude. I think you've got it right - but I won't be surprised if Icarus forces you to act. He reminds me of a little baby who thinks he can get his way if only he wails loudly enough for long enough.

Be careful with that tree!

Goodness.....

Who knew what evil lurked in the back alley's of the Flight Sim community? Fear, loathing, hate, desire, greed, lies, sex (okay, maybe not so much), deforestation (see brother in-laws tree) ...Its all there!

One good thing, Mr. Swingman's Duck is not part of my normal flight sim theme, but this discussion and the posted views have convinced me to add it to the hanger.....so thank you Mr. Swingman!
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Wait just a second here! How can you say someone STOLE your copyright when it's a real world aircraft??

It's not an original creation! IT'S A GRUMMAN DUCK! if two different people made a digital rendering of a ford torino

they would be similar cause it's a FORD TORINO! Just my opinion. Boy! SOH, You realy handled this with class.
    "May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, And may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars" Cheers George!

Speaking of class (or lack thereof) guess who has replied in the post over at Flightsim?
    I wonder how long that thread will last...

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Wait just a second here! How can you say someone STOLE your copyright when it's a real world aircraft? ... if two different people made a digital rendering ...

Well, Mr. Icarus seems to be saying that only one person made a digital rendering of Grumman's Duck, and someone else copied it and claimed credit for it. But it seems that there is conclusive proof that Mr. Icarus speaks with forked tongue.

Hmmmm... I wonder... Considering how in recent years the greedheads in the aviation industry have been demanding royalties from plastic model manufacturers who model their products - even vintage products - I wonder how Northrop-Grumman would react if they knew that Mr. Icarus has made a digital rendering of their Duck and is selling it for profit...???

Been wondering about this bicycle shop that Mr. Icarus used as a fake address for his fake lawyer letter. Does anyone know if Mr. Icarus owns this bike shop? Or has any connection to whoever owns it? If not, I wonder how the owner would feel about being implicated in fraud..???