Fantasy of flight red light

Thread: Fantasy of flight red light

Banned
    Blog Entries

Fantasy of flight red light (fixed)

Ok, Now I have deleted all files that have the name "Fantasy" from the scenery folder (there was no FSX original folder with that name.) and the extra tower is gone.

However, you can see that there is a red light that would go to the top of what was the 2nd tower. How can I delete that file? Again there is no default folder named fantasy
    flight in FSX just the one dimus made. I deleted the files from folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\NAME\texture :
    Fantasy_Main.dds
    Fantasy_Main_LM.dds
    Fantasy_Tower.dds
    Fantasy_Tower_LM.dds
    THen I reinstalled the DImus FOF files and activated per instructions...

Edit: It's fixed...After I deleted Dimus' FOF and reinstalled the strange extra light is gone.

Attachment 68165

richoday,

You did not need to delete all those files. Those are the default MS textures for the original buildings. My instruction (and John's) was to delete any addon folders for Fantasy of Flight and then reinstall mine. Anyway, if you keep my scenery you don't need those textures as they are not used anywhere else. If you ever uninstall my scenery then the default buildings that would re-emerge would be textureless. It is good that you're sorted though.

Looking at your screenshot reminds me of the fact that the beacon on the water tower is of the wrong colours. The actual one installed on the FoF tower is of vintage '30s/'40s type and flashes white and red. Unfortunately FSX only has the modern white and green type. I would have to create a new object and effect for that, which I still don't know how.

Banned
    Blog Entries

FOF files

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    richoday,

You did not need to delete all those files. Those are the default MS textures for the original buildings. My instruction (and John's) was to delete any addon folders for Fantasy of Flight and then reinstall mine. Anyway, if you keep my scenery you don't need those textures as they are not used anywhere else. If you ever uninstall my scenery then the default buildings that would re-emerge would be textureless. It is good that you're sorted though.

Looking at your screenshot reminds me of the fact that the beacon on the water tower is of the wrong colours. The actual one installed on the FoF tower is of vintage '30s/'40s type and flashes white and red. Unfortunately FSX only has the modern white and green type. I would have to create a new object and effect for that, which I still don't know how.
    Dimus:

Those files I removed are still in my trash box and have not yet been deleted however, If I restore those files I'll bet that there will be Two towers (again). I'll restore them when I get home
    from work (building files and not the tower named ones) and let you know how it went. Those files were ones that John had listed in a folder called "Original"; guess that was a safety net to restore the original building at FA08.
    I don't have any other Fantasy of flight folders other then the one I made for your add on. Those files I removed were in the Scenery/Name folder. When those old deleted FA08
    files were present and I had your addon installed and selected FA08 as the airport of choice, FSX would make a call on both your addon and those deleted files ergo
    two towers and the reduncy of the main building that I had shown in a previous post. You are correct though, If I were to load only the default FA08 with those other fles deleted
    including your addon scenery I would be looking at a grass strip and a radio tower and no buildings.

To start with, noone needs to delete any default files when installing a scenery that enhances a default one. The new scenery must have exclusions for that. This way when the addon is uninstalled, the default one displays again. Noone that has installed the scenery needed to do that.

I can guess that the following happened:
    You obviously have installed John's files in your addon scenery folder that unfortunately had the same folder name "Fantasy of Flight". John's bgl called for the default objects to be shown. Then when you installed mine without deleting John's, my files went on top of it and they called for my objects too. When you deleted those dds textures you could no longer see the default buildings simply because there were no textures, you could however see that red light because that belonged to the scenery object that was still there.

Then, you deleted the "Fantasy of Flight" folder, thereby deleting also the old John's bgl that called for the default objects. When you reinstalled, it was only my files, that make no calls for the default objects and all was fixed.

I should have included a note in the readme to unistall John's scenery before installing mine.

Let me know what happens when you restore those textures.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Everythin ok

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    To start with, noone needs to delete any default files when installing a scenery that enhances a default one. The new scenery must have exclusions for that. This way when the addon is uninstalled, the default one displays again. Noone that has installed the scenery needed to do that.

I can guess that the following happened:
    You obviously have installed John's files in your addon scenery folder that unfortunately had the same folder name "Fantasy of Flight". John's bgl called for the default objects to be shown. Then when you installed mine without deleting John's, my files went on top of it and they called for my objects too. When you deleted those dds textures you could no longer see the default buildings simply because there were no textures, you could however see that red light because that belonged to the scenery object that was still there.

Then, you deleted the "Fantasy of Flight" folder, thereby deleting also the old John's bgl that called for the default objects. When you reinstalled, it was only my files, that make no calls for the default objects and all was fixed.

I should have included a note in the readme to unistall John's scenery before installing mine.

Let me know what happens when you restore those textures.

I restored the textures and got the old original one back(two towers version) as well however one of the two towers has no color, the shape is there but is grey looking. I may of
    missed one file that would restore the red/white checker to one of the towers.

That is indeed strange as such an issue was not reported by anyone else who has installed the scenery. In mine, the original textures are there and they do not cause this. The exclusions I put in the scenery hide all of the default structures. I will check with others too.