[OIMD Development] Focke Wulf FW-500 " Kugelblitz"

Thread: [OIMD Development] Focke Wulf FW-500 " Kugelblitz"

[OIMD Development] Focke Wulf FW-500 " Kugelblitz"

hello friends, I bring you guys for another job in the final stage, Focke Wulf FW-500 "Kugelblitz"

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

shortly in Flightsim
    English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

Blog Entries
    Hello Mario,
    That is a very interesting concept. And it looks very
    good. I look forward to flying this unusual bird.

I have been wondering what you have been up to
    lately. Thanks for posting the screenshots.

John

What a cool looking ... bird!
    That is some nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane91 View Post
    Hello Mario,
    That is a very interesting concept. And it looks very
    good. I look forward to flying this unusual bird.

I have been wondering what you have been up to
    lately. Thanks for posting the screenshots.

John
    Thanks John, a friend and I started modelling 3 months ago, we are taking it easy, but we have many projects coming up
    Correct me, if you will.

Superb Mario!

The only other Fw500 was a very old CFS1 one. This is a much welcomed Luft'46 aircraft..

Look forward to it.

Cheers

Shessi

Wonder how this thing was supposed to not spin in the opposite direction from the blades?

T

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    Wonder how this thing was supposed to not spin in the opposite direction from the blades?

T
    Yeah, I haven't seen much technical info on the design. If they were powered by jet thrust on the tips then not having an anti-torque rotor would make sense. Maybe they would have vectored the limited exhaust thrust from the engines that powered it to counteract? But it would sure be a short lever arm. Or maybe jet exhaust was bled at the rim to power the rotor with the exhaust? Sort of like was done with the XV-4 humming bird's lift fans? Though those were tip driven.

Thank you all for your support
    Correct me, if you will.

Lightbulb

Gents,
    I thought it might be like a turbine-autogyro, but it's more like a jet-helicopter. It seems the exhaust nozzles give forward thrust and counter the torque effect, and the blades give lift.

From the Luft'46 art site:-

Think of the rotating blades as possibly the airscrew blades of a large turbo-prop engine housed in central position under the highly armoured cockpit/canopy. With two air-intakes, this all-wing
    V.T.O.L. aircraft, possibly could fly like a "HARRIER" and/or a helicopter in any directions or stopping in the middle of the air. The exhaust could be deflected from the central orientable nozzle under the disk to the orientable nozzles on the airscrew rotating ring getting a higher rotation speed, like a blazing circular saw. This could conceivable saw through enemy bombers!

Cheers

Shessi

hello friends, in Flightsim, good flights

focke_wulf_fw-500_kugelblitz.zip
    Correct me, if you will.

Mario, what is the procedure (or trick) for getting the FW-500's engines started? I hit Ctrl+E and nothing happens. When I go to the electrical panel and hit the engine start buttons the engines only crank up for a moment then shut down, and the magneto on/off switches do not work.

thank you,I am having difficulty in developing a panel for it
    Correct me, if you will.

No problem Mario, for the time being I'm selecting another aircraft for start-up and then I go to the FW-500. Good luck with the panel, I can't help you with it but there's plenty of folks here who can.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I took this thing for a quick spin early this morning. The instrument panel says it's got two engines, but I only got response by using the keyboard "start" key for the No. 2 engine, which started both. Fuel tank selectors must be set in the "all" position to start or run the engines, the "aux" position is a dead-end. Neither magneto works for its assigned engine, the switches don't move. It took a few tries for the landing gear to retract using the assigned joystick switch but it finally did. Assigned sound is for a turboprop engine but I thought I detected a faint rotor fluttering sound (I've lost most of my high-freq hearing and am trying to save the rest, so couldn't really tell how pronounced the rotor sound is). Max speed I got out of the aircraft was around 135-140KIAS holding her straight and level with max power on the slider. I think this bird's got a high interest factor and am looking forward to flying it in the future once these little snags are worked out.

much work to build a few informations about it, did it using a FDE helicopter
    Correct me, if you will.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    We appreciate your efforts and look forward to the enhancements you are planning, or have in execution!!:salute: