Favourite Civil Two Seaters?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Civil Two Seaters?

Favourite Civil Two Seaters?

Here are some of the ones I fly most often:

Porterfield Turner CP65, twitchy on the ground, but a good looking VC and a unique airplane. http://porterfieldplane.ning.com/for...-65-for-flight

Lionheart's Aerospool Dynamic is on the other end of the time and performance spectrum, and it's also payware, but it's beautiful

Fravin's C150. So many great features!

LIC Aeronca Champ

Restauravia Piel Emeraude

Bill Lyons Luscombe

Those would be my top picks. How about you?

Bill Lyons Cub and Globe Swift

Ttfn

Pete

My personal top 3, based on usage:

-The Stearman Model 75s by Golden Age Simulations. Love 'em....

-I actually really enjoy the default COF Jenny and Cub. They look and fly very well, and are a perfect compliment to Golden Wings.

-Although it might not 100% fit the definition of "civil", I'd also include Rick Piper's DH Chipmunk. Many have made their way onto the civil registers, and there are several civilian skins available on Britsim and all the regular FS sites.
    -Mark

Oh Yes! The Chipmunk!

Quote Originally Posted by mgchrist5 View Post
    -Although it might not 100% fit the definition of "civil", I'd also include Rick Piper's DH Chipmunk. Many have made their way onto the civil registers, and there are several civilian skins available on Britsim and all the regular FS sites.
    I totally forgot about the Chipmunk. Yes, it is a superb plane, and it reminds me I should fly it soon. I have too many planes already! Why would I want more? But...I do. If they're good ones.

I like Dave Harbold's (Airhead's) Super Deke and Rick Piper's Aeroprakt A-22 Foxbat.

Nice choices.

Some fine one's out there, so here are a few from my list:

Steve Myers' Davis D-1W

Ito-san's Erco 415 Ercoupe

Rick Piper's Aeroprakt A-22 Foxbat and his DHC-1 Chipmunk (Anybody know where his page has gone?)

Bill Lyons' Ryan ST-A and his WACO Classic YMF-5 (technically a three-seater, I know, but a lovely flier. I'd love to see a whole-hog payware YMF-5D patterned after the current production aircraft)

J.E. Narcizo's Cessna C-150T Texas Taildragger

Just Flight's Piper PA-38 Tomahawk

Just Flight's/Aeroplane Heaven's Civvie DH-82A Tiger Moth

N.

A lot of my favorites have already been mentioned, here's a couple others from my hanger:

SimFlight3D C140

Carenado C152II

RESTAURAVIA Nord 3202

Here are mine: Paul Gausdens BA Swallows, David Molyneauxs Auster Arrow, Restauravias Nord and Warwick Carters Tiger Moth

More 2+2, sorry, I'll just mention 2 instead of four :d

Sibwings Saab Safir and it's predessor Gunter Kramers Bf108, lovely little planes.

Okay, so I lied. Jungmann (forget) and Bestmann (Lionhearts). Miltons Pussmoth. Ted's Miles Magister (pretending it's a Hawk) and many of his others. Ged's Percival along with many fine creations over at Britsim from Moly & Co.

Also agree with Lyons Swift, default Cub and JF Tigermoth.

Jamie

Blog Entries
    Yes to all of the above, and add Brian Gladden's Cessna 140 (wheels and floats).

Okay, so I lied. Jungmann (forget)
    Wow, good catch! Almost forgot about this one. I assume you mean O. Fischer's model? A masterpiece...
    -Mark

One I forgot to name but certainly bears mentioning is the Flight Design CTSW Light Sport Aircraft (including a float version) that was very nicely done by the folks at Premier Aircraft Design.

N.

J.E. Narcizo's Super Cub
    Milton's Puss Moth
    Donationware SBD Dauntless (hey, it's a two seater)
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    J.E. Narcizo's Super Cub
    Milton's Puss Moth...
    Took the words out of my mouth
    JohnH_049

The Realair Scout.

for me there's a few i fly regularly.... Vans RV-4, I.C.P Bingo, CTSW (Real world flight experience with that one, including an engine failure on downwind and having to cut downwind short ), I.C.P Savannah and the FFS Vans RV-7...

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingManNeil View Post
    Some fine one's out there, so here are a few from my list:

Bill Lyons' Ryan ST-A and his WACO Classic YMF-5 (technically a three-seater, I know, but a lovely flier. I'd love to see a whole-hog payware YMF-5D patterned after the current production aircraft)

N.
    Yes, Gotta agree here. Bill's Ryan STA and Waco Classic packages were my first payware purchases. Still among the best. My current pair of favorite R/C planes, also.
    A full on Waco YMF-5 for FSX/P3D is definitely on my wishlist also.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

My fave 2 seaters: NOTE: Some are actually modeled with more than two seats, but I use them as two seaters for hauling cargo...I don't move people!

Default Piper Cub
    Bill Lyon's Piper Cub package
    Brian Gladden's Cessna 140
    Brain Gladden's Piper Super Pacer (not really sure if it is a two seater or not....but I use it as a two seater hauling cargo into the Alaskan bush)
    FSDB Lockheed L-10 Electra (okay...it has way more than 2 seats, but I pretend the ones in the back are not there and that I am hauling cargo instead of people....never heard boxes of cereal and tater chips scream)
    J.E. Narcizo's PA-18 Super Cub
    Milton Shupe and Crew's Beech D-18 cargo variants
    Joe Binka's G-44A Widgeon (the radial powered one with the VC....not the inline one with no VC....wish that bird had a VC).

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Many of the above, but particularly the LIC Aeroncas because of the way it is possible to fly solo from A to B, pick up a visible passenger and return home, giving a bit more point to a flight.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

SOH-CM-2023
    Jamie,
    Can you please satisfy my curiosity - who is & where can one find 'Geds Percivals'?
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Dev One View Post
    Jamie,
    Can you please satisfy my curiosity - who is & where can one find 'Geds Percivals'?
    Keith
    Keith,

it's a singular, his Prentice. http://pavaservices.co.uk/cfs/ currently under (re) construction, but before his last retirement he released a beta. Seems unavailable but thank goodness he's back from the brink and back building planes, his are some of my favourite ever CFS2/FS9 planes.

Jamie

...but before his last retirement he released a beta. Seems unavailable
    Unless I'm mistaken, his beta is still available on the FS Argentina site. Scroll about halfway down the page of the following link. There are several repaints on Britsim for this model. I hadn't heard he was updating his Prentice...which is a nice surprise! It was excellent just as a beta!

www.flightsimulatorarg.com.ar/aviones9_2004.htm
    -Mark

One (two) things I like about threads like this are getting a heads-up about something you missed and a reminder about something that's been collecting dust in the back of the hanger.

SOH-CM-2023
    Thanks - that now rings a bell in my poor befuddled head!!!!! He is doing an update slowly & actually has asked me to see if I can help improve the FDE!! I just didn't recognise the psedonym! The interim update is on his website (I seem to have lost his web address at the moment!) & I am just waiting for some details of the Pilots notes from Martin!
    Keith

edit: Just found the link for Jed (Jeff Marsh) - www.pavaservices.co.uk/CFS/Prentice.htm although he says its for CFS it does work in FS9

Members who have read this thread: 91