I am taking a small break from the F-35 project (btw Beta 2 testing is now finished and the project is looking good) and I am reviewing the status of my T-45C and F-14D project.
The T-45C will receive a very small update to the existing model, to get rid of a couple of minor things that I find annoying. Here is a partial list of the changes:
- Changed external model canopy glass reflection to get rid of separate DX9/DX10 models. The new glass material (textured) looks OK in both modes.
- Fixed texture folder cfg for texture aliasing
- Added all the repaints from Jiri Soukup (which include the outstanding Centennial Of Naval Aviation schemes that were missing from the original package)
- Minor fixes to virtual cockpit (mainly misalignment of some switches)
- Improved HUD symbol generator (should look slightly better now)
- Redone all thumbnails for visual consistency in FSX menu
Here is a picture from one of Jiri's repaints:
As for the F-14D I am working on a major rework - it will take some time. For the moment only the pilot cockpit is planned - but there will be provisions to add the RIO one later on.
Here are very preliminary pics of the unfinished external model:
Both projects will be freeware - and for both suggestions and comments are most welcome, especially by users who know well the current versions and their shortcomings.
As usual, more details on my blog: