A good day to everybody!
I don't know how many of you are aware of it, but the excellent BR2's GMax production of fine aircrafts for CFS2 is being slowly, but surely, re-uploaded at:
A couple of weeks ago their P-51D Mustang was posted, therefore here's yet another tribute of mine to what I consider to be the finest, best-looking, piston-engined fighter aircraft developed and built during WWII. To The Free Flight Site goes my gratitude since I discovered websites dedicated to CFS2 too late to grab, at the time, all of the beautiful GMax models churned out by this talented group of French designers.
This model livery depicts North American P-51D-25-NA "Double Nuthin' ", of the 325th F.G., 15th U.S.A.A.F. The "Checkertail Clan" 325th F.G. fought from Italy in 1944 and will fit nicely the late-war MTO theatre. It offers an outstanding level of compromise between details and framerate.
Strangely, a P-51B/C version dp file was erroneously included in the download. So, I corrected the 4-gun gunstation data with 6 x .50" cal. gun data from Andrew Wai's P-51D, adapting it to this model and harmonised at about 300 yards. While I was at it, I threw in engine, fuel tanks, coolant and oil reservoir 1% AvHistory damage effects.
Then, for this fine model I did the standard dressup I dedicated to my entire P-51D Mustang collection:
- both full disc and single blade textures to choose from;
- dp payload array with Dbolt's enhanced US weapons v.2.0;
- Dbolt's US P-47D 75 gal. teardrop wing tanks, plus VB Planes P-51D British-built impregnated paper 110 gal. droptanks. Dbolt's US P-47D 75 gal. droptank is available at SOH, included in Obio's "Airacobra_weapons_pack.zip", but, if I remember correctly, it was also recently re-uploaded at SOH as a standalone pack;
- Green Ghost's DAP gauge-controlled exhaust effect;
- an alternative flight model created by combining Jay McDaniel's Authentic Flight Model for Andrew Wai's P-51D and various flight models created by SOH's member Bearcat241, allowing an indicated top speed of about 435 mph. at CFS2 standard dogfight low altitudes. Bubbletop Mustangs top speed was slightly slower than razorback B/C models, capable of 442 mph, due to the extra weight of an additional pair of machine guns plus ammo in the wings.
I just uploaded the pack into the "CFS2-Other" section, I hope you will enjoy it.