PB4Y-2 Privateer WIP - Page 12
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112

Thread: PB4Y-2 Privateer WIP

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    Alrighty Tankers 121 and 122 have been posted in FS9 Civilian Prop skins! Enjoy!
    Thanks TG, I've been wanting these ever since the first screen shots. Seems to me, I remember several repaints for the S-2A tanker that never came out. Didn't you do the green Hemet Valley S-2A and several others?

Dave

Fs9 skins for pb4y-2 by tankerguy27

Tankerguy27,
    Tks for the gift of this a/c, it has real presence on the ramp. Would it be possible for you to post the skins for Tanker a/c 121 and 122 in FS9 format. ie sized 1024 by1024. Have tried converting your posted skins but failed in some style.
    Tks again for the a/c
    Mal

Quote Originally Posted by vonernsk View Post
    Tankerguy27,
    Tks for the gift of this a/c, it has real presence on the ramp. Would it be possible for you to post the skins for Tanker a/c 121 and 122 in FS9 format. ie sized 1024 by1024. Have tried converting your posted skins but failed in some style.
    Tks again for the a/c
    Mal
    I will do that for you Mal; it is an FS9 model after all. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Thank you Milton, & TG too, for the excellent work you both do to help make this such an enjoyable simulation!

Great skins!

The plane I have was released in December 2012 as a WIP. Has there been an updated 3D model or flight model since then?

FS9 PB4Y-2 Tanker Skins

Thank you Milton,

I re-sized the textures in ' MS Paint' then 'flipped' the textures and saved in 'extended 32 bit BMP' format utilising ' DXT BMP', but the a/c looked like a hippy spray painter had smoked too much weed.

Maybe there is the old situation of the painter using one model and the user putting the skin on another earlier or later version. I took my model from the WIP produced in 2012: dated - 12/15/2012 5:56PM 4628KB.

Rgds
    Mal

Quote Originally Posted by vonernsk View Post
    Thank you Milton,

I re-sized the textures in ' MS Paint' then 'flipped' the textures and saved in 'extended 32 bit BMP' format utilising ' DXT BMP', but the a/c looked like a hippy spray painter had smoked too much weed.

Maybe there is the old situation of the painter using one model and the user putting the skin on another earlier or later version. I took my model from the WIP produced in 2012: dated - 12/15/2012 5:56PM 4628KB.

Rgds
    Mal
    Mal,

AFAIK, the current model is December 15, 2012; that is what I have. EDITED

The 2048 textures were in bmp format so they did not need to be flipped, just resized.

Anyhow, I went through the new and original textures thoroughly and cleaned up the folders, resized, and repackaged along with an updated aircraft.cfg.

The package is now uploaded and available.

The package now includes all three texture sets, 121, 122, 123 as I had to resize some original ones to work in FS9.

EDIT: Here is the link: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...7&linkid=20258
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; September 28th, 2015 at 10:54.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks Milton for fixing that up. I totally spaced on fixing it up for FS9 textures.

I want to revisit the 4Y and finish the rest of the models, but that'll have to be after I finish the Neptune airtankers for FSX.

First of all many thanks to Tankerguy! Your Privateer and the liveries rock!

Milton, thank you so much for resizing the textures. I was to do that myself, but your work saved me time I now can use for the amazing Tigercat. Wow, what a thoroughbred that is. Demands a lot of concentration, particularly when flying on one engine or practising loopings.

Cheers,
    Maarten

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten View Post
    First of all many thanks to Tankerguy! Your Privateer and the liveries rock!

Milton, thank you so much for resizing the textures. I was to do that myself, but your work saved me time I now can use for the amazing Tigercat. Wow, what a thoroughbred that is. Demands a lot of concentration, particularly when flying on one engine or practising loopings.

Cheers,
    Maarten
    Ah, you are welcome TG and Maarten. Happy to do it. I should be packaging the -3N but no hurry on that.

Since I made my FSX aircraft.cfg part of the release package (without thinking), I reviewed the differences. The only thing I see that needs to be changed is the Smokesystem entries that I have also enhanced to use my S2T fire retardant effect.

I enhanced the smoke system to provide a full dump front to back using my heavier effect (from my fire tankers). The entries you can use if you need them are:

[smokesystem]
    smoke.0 = -1.305, -2, 0, fx_MS_fire_retardant
    smoke.1 = -1.305, 7, 0, fx_MS_fire_retardant

The effects are attached with complete installation, mods, and use instructions.
    I included an optional, maybe better, effect to try as well.

To use the drop system, press the slash (spoiler) key to open the doors, then use the "I" (smoke) key to drop the retardant.

NOTE: these entries work for FS9 only as teh FSX coordinates are different
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi,
    A lovely great beast, like Glenn Duncan's which is also wonderful.

However one quirk is that the autopilot works in reverse...add degrees to go right, but go left in travel direction !

Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonadedrinker View Post
    Hi,
    A lovely great beast, like Glenn Duncan's which is also wonderful.

However one quirk is that the autopilot works in reverse...add degrees to go right, but go left in travel direction !

Andy.
    Hi Andy, that's an interesting statement. I did not put an autopilot in the panel, so obviously I am confused. :-)

EDIT: Or, were you talking about Glenn's panel.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi,

No, I was meaning the Team's one..!
    How very strange.....in the 2D panel there is/was a click spot on the yoke on the 'padded' section- which I assumed was the Heading control. No wonder we were going the wrong way.

You have been working far too hard for us ingrates as it is, so a great big Thank You to you All..
    Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonadedrinker View Post
    Hi,

No, I was meaning the Team's one..!
    How very strange.....in the 2D panel there is/was a click spot on the yoke on the 'padded' section- which I assumed was the Heading control. No wonder we were going the wrong way.

You have been working far too hard for us ingrates as it is, so a great big Thank You to you All..
    Andy.
    Sounds like you are using a modified panel. I did not put an AP or clickspot on the steering area or anywhere :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi Milton,
    Adding clickspots are well above my pay-grade, so I'll try it again and try for a screenshot to see what's going on !
    Andy.

For FSX port over users, I have setup an improved visual retardant drop for FSX:

Change your FSX aircraft.cfg to use the following:

[smokesystem]
    smoke.0 = -2, 0, -6.305, fx_MS_fire_retardant
    smoke.1 = 5, 0, -6.305, fx_MS_fire_retardant

Try it; adjust per your taste.

If you do not have the effect, it is attached. Includes both FS9 and FSX instructions, and cfg entries but uses the same effects.

Just copy to your FSX/Effects folder.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi,
    Here's a screenshot which shows what I mean....

I thought the heading indicator was the autopilot adjustment.....which is probably why I never put myself forward for flight training.
    It is impossible to see properly, but the little hand appears and allows you to alter the heading up or down, but the screenshot program doesn't capture that bit, just by the black button.
    Andy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fsscr138.jpg  

Nice to hear that it is flying again!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.