Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holy @#$%

SOH-CM-2023

Holy @#$%

Check out this new tool

Instant Scenery Studio...

[YOUTUBE]XHk00epwLtQ#![/YOUTUBE]
    You can't take the sky from me...

Yea, I was ready to purchase that a few days ago Brian only to discover that it's "Coming Soon". I will make the purchase once it's available though. Looks amazing, almost like GMax on the fly!!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

UPDATE: Now available!!!

Current System Specs:

Thanks Brian and Ed, I just finished the download. This looks like just what I need for my budding scenery building efforts. Off to check out the program in depth. The price is certainly right. Appreciate the heads up.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    . . . . .This looks like just what I need for my budding scenery building efforts. Off to check out the program in depth. . . . . . . . .
    Yep, same here Tom. The one thing I lack for my scenery is to be able to do custom objects. I've never been able to get my head around GMax. . .I'm hoping this will bridge that gap in my brain, lol

Current System Specs:

I'm going to dive on this one like a Pitbull on a poodle. Just what I needed!!!
    Marvin Carter
    No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

My feeling exactly about GMAX. As you say, hopefully this will fill that gap in our efforts to produce just what we want when the idea pops into our heads. The creativity of this program should be unlimited, I hope.

Time to start getting all those buildings at the airport (North Texas Regional/Grayson County/Perrin Field) digitized so I can start texturing the buildings as I build them. Always wanted to do the airport, but the hangars and buildings need to look authentic for it to be successful. . .here's my chance to pull that off, I hope.

Current System Specs:

Yep, the Redding Municipal Airport has a very unique terminal building. Some guy did one years ago that was very close but I have been unsuccessful importing into FSX. Here is my chance to make KRDD look as it should. Great find.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    One very nice program! I saw this on Facebook.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Looks clever.

I think I'd prefer to stick with my old modelling program but I think this would be a great way for anyone to get into making some custom scenery for FSX.

Unfortunately this will cause me to spend more money. After loading FSX and starting the program it informed me that the version of Instant Scenery I use (the original release version) is not compatible and I have to purchase the newest version in order to use it, lol.

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by anthony31 View Post
    Looks clever.
    I think I'd prefer to stick with my old modelling program but I think this would be a great way for anyone to get into making some custom scenery for FSX.
    Yea, obviously if you're already well versed in one of the 3D programs, this is kinda like drawing with crayons before you work up to Oils. What it should do though is give folks who are simply unable to grasp GMax or FSDS (yes there are actually folks who don't understand those programs, lol), a chance to actually customize airports with relative ease. I would say that the only thing easier would be if there was a way to import 3 different views of a building as bitmap images, input the basic dimensions and have the program build it for you, lol.

Current System Specs:

After looking at it and weighing in the fact that I Gmax at will I decided that since I was willing to part with $30 I opted to get Instant Scenery 2 instead.

This is golden.

Does it do;

Hardened surfaces?
    Animations (hanger doors, etc?)

On a side note, Holy @#$% as a thread topic? C'mon!?

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Unfortunately this will cause me to spend more money. After loading FSX and starting the program it informed me that the version of Instant Scenery I use (the original release version) is not compatible and I have to purchase the newest version in order to use it, lol.
    It's not necessary to go to IS2, but there are some steps involved in using IOS and IS1. The developer covered them here; http://www.simforums.com/forums/inst...opic42129.html

Quote Originally Posted by Meshman View Post
    It's not necessary to go to IS2, but there are some steps involved in using IOS and IS1. The developer covered them here; http://www.simforums.com/forums/inst...opic42129.html
    Thanks for that. . .so as long as I close out FSX and then restart. . .I'm good. Not a problem and it saves me $30, lol

Current System Specs:

From what I can tell, you don't need IS at all. Just generate the buildings in place and save them as a BGL instead of an MDL. I haven't gotten that far into it yet, but the first test building I did was completed and works without IS.

SOH-CM-2023
    On a side note, Holy @#$% as a thread topic? C'mon!?

Sorry if I offended. I hadn't had my first cup of coffee yet and to be honest, I was blown away by the versatility of this program. It can do in seconds what used to take me 1/2 an hour to do in FSDS. And do stuff that program can't even do (The bending arch) As someone who has been using FSDS from nearly the get go (back in the dark ages of FS 2000) this is (to me) an incredible piece of software that I will be purchasing once payday hits this week.

What it should do though is give folks who are simply unable to grasp GMax or FSDS (yes there are actually folks who don't understand those programs, lol)
    I know FSDS pretty well but Gmax has always been greek to me....
    You can't take the sky from me...

I'm with you. This is going to be one heck of a tool! And about time something like this developed too. Long over due, but just great to see.
    Now I can make FSX "my world". I'm pretty excited about getting it actually. I can finally dig into my stock pile of textures.

I made comment previously, but I'm hoping (no deal killer) that it supports animations?
    Hardened surface options would also be a plus.

My brain's been going 90 miles an hour since I heard this was released. Knowing what can be done and all.

Said with tongue in cheek (a little). OK all you guys that plan on getting this program let the rest of us know when you run out of projects. I'm sure we can provide you with some more....LOL...

RD

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    This will be a definite must have for me.... Sure you can do stuff in GMAX, but it is a lot cooler to do it instantly like that! I have a couple airports I have been working on that I have just been slowly working at. This program will speed up my process by a lot. Is such a pain going back and forth in/out of the simulator to check everything.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Hi,

Is it possible to make taxiways, hardstands, aprons and the like with this program as well ?
    Looks incredibly handy.

Best
    DagR

Quote Originally Posted by DagR View Post
    Hi,

Is it possible to make taxiways, hardstands, aprons and the like with this program as well ?
    Looks incredibly handy.

Best
    DagR
    I'd think you use the free ADE for that ??

I bought Instant Object too...looks handy for a number of things, although it of course cannot everything Gmax or 3DSMax can do. Great tool though !
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

It is pretty buggy. For instance, this is what I got when opening a model by clicking on it (one of the options). The photo scenery was no longer shown, just blue with models and autogen. For added fun, the cars you see are actually moving, coming down like rain!

Members who have read this thread: 277