"Twenty" - Seconds from the Fence

Thread: "Twenty" - Seconds from the Fence

"Twenty" - Seconds from the Fence

A short clip.... four R-2800's coming in over the fence. Gotta dig that!

Featuring the Just Flight DC-6B, which will be covered in the upcoming release of the new "Computer Pilot Magazine".

Watch in 720p, turn it up, and enjoy...only 20 seconds!
    Joseph

VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Nice! Only problem is in how poorly MS flight sims handle exterior sounds, especially when the aircraft moves past a fixed position camera. I've never been at the fence and had a DC-6 fly over my head, but I have had that privilege with the Collings Foundation B-17 and B-24. It's loud and the wind blast is nothing short of awesome. I get goose bumps just thinking about it! :mixedsmi:
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Actually, within FSX it is possible to greatly enhance those exterior sounds. It just takes work. The majority of the sounds our there are still essentially FS9 sets. I am considering doing a new soundset, actually 3 of them, combined into one package. First for the 4 engines, 2800's (Like the DC-6), another for twin 2800's, (A-26, F7F), and thirdly for a single. As many sounds that are available for the R-2800, none of them have really satisfied me thus far. I believe I could probably get pretty close to that chilling effect.

If there is enough interest, I may pursue it.

Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Banned
    Blog Entries

A yes from me

Quote Originally Posted by fsxar177 View Post
    Actually, within FSX it is possible to greatly enhance those exterior sounds. It just takes work. The majority of the sounds our there are still essentially FS9 sets. I am considering doing a new soundset, actually 3 of them, combined into one package. First for the 4 engines, 2800's (Like the DC-6), another for twin 2800's, (A-26, F7F), and thirdly for a single. As many sounds that are available for the R-2800, none of them have really satisfied me thus far. I believe I could probably get pretty close to that chilling effect.

Joseph

A yes from me........

Quote Originally Posted by fsxar177 View Post

Joseph
    Definitely interested here, I don't think it's possible to have too many choices. Different R-2800's sound different and different exhaust systems further modify the sounds. The C-series R-2800's have a distinctive "whir" from the prop reduction gear, B-series engines lack this particular sound. Exhaust notes vary as well. Aircraft with multiple, short exhaust pipes make a sharper, staccato note, those with a collector and one or two exit pipes make a far more mellow and blended note. I've not found any perfect sound sets. I sometimes swap sounds from different sound packs to get reasonably accurate sounds.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.