Panel Prob. w/Canberra

Thread: Panel Prob. w/Canberra

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

Panel Prob. w/Canberra

Just tried a little flight from Ysterplaat AB S. Africa with a SAAF Canberra B(1) Mk 12:
    Attachment 65158

The bird loaded fine and everything works as advertised, except for one thing:

Attachment 65159

This is rather embarassing, as I've had this problem now and then in the past and have dealt with it in a couple of ways:
    1) ensuring the gauges that came with the panel are in fact in the panel folder, as well as in the "gauges" folder for the sim;
    2) if necessary, taking the gauges out of the folder they came in (which is the case here), installing them in the panel folder, and then installing the gauges into the "gauges" folder for the sim, a sometimes tedious process but one which works - until now.

I'm hoping Nazca_Steve can take a look at this and give me a potential fix!

Blog Entries
    Sadly not, my good man, because you are doing everything that I would also do if I had that problem! Perhaps you can contact Paul Foster and see if he can help you. I myself have not been able to contact him for several years but I believe he still answers some email. Failing that, I will eventually get around to making some B(I).8 and 12s of my own.

Steven Beeny, FS repainter and modeller.

New EE/BAC Canberra series for FS2004 starting October 2010. See www.flyingstations.com for details.
    Watch the new Canberra promo video here: http://youtu.be/m3rWTivCupg

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Got this panel problem all sorted out, everything working fine.

I do not know when you are getting around to the fighter-type canopy Canberras but am certain the results will be well worth the wait.

Let's see what Andy's got to say about those SA scenery issues.:salute:

Blog Entries
    Yes, you and me both regarding when I will get around to building them. Until then Paul's are the only B(I).8/12s out there, and fine models they are too. Glad to hear the panels are sorted now.

Steven Beeny, FS repainter and modeller.

New EE/BAC Canberra series for FS2004 starting October 2010. See www.flyingstations.com for details.
    Watch the new Canberra promo video here: http://youtu.be/m3rWTivCupg

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    There used to be a series on the Discovery Channel called "Wings." I recorded every one of them. One had to do with the EE/Martin Canberra. I remember a film clip that was part of the program, it was color film shot from inside a control tower that showed an overall black USAF B-57 (tandem canopy) on short final that apparently lost an engine right around the flare point. Whoever was shooting the film showed remarkable presence of mind, because the failed engine was on the tower side of the aircraft - meaning the bird veered sharply toward the tower, one wing high, banking right at the cameraman but about 30 or 40 feet below him. The film showed the aircraft eventually getting uncomfortably close to the tower and finally disappearing below the catwalk around the tower cab, followed by a sudden gust of flame. I remember the narration saying the aircraft called for extreme vigilance when on landing approach, to allow the pilot to deal quickly with an engine failure. With the engines being so widely separated, sudden power loss on one meant a swift out-of-control situation caused by asymmetric thrust unless very quick reflexes were brought into play.

Today's "did you know this" moment . . .

Members who have read this thread: 0