Uiver DC-2 repaints

Thread: Uiver DC-2 repaints

Uiver DC-2 repaints

I just bought the Uiver DC-2 for FS9 and I'm trying to find some repaints for it. The links at the Uiver site are apparently non-functional and most of what I'm finding at the usual places (FlightSim and AvSim) are FSX .dds file paints. In particular, I'm looking for American Airlines, Pan Am and TWA paints for the DC-2.

If the FSX paints were converted to normal FS9 textures would they work? I'm willing to give that a shot if the original FS9 paints are no longer available.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Willy,

go to the FS9 section, then free downloads. The individual pics for paints don't work , probably removed due to Avsim hack. You can click the very top picture to download all repaints @ 135mb.

Jamie

PS. currently downloading to test, hyperlink added to 'download' above.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Willy, try a search for 'Tim Scharnhop DC-2' at Avsim; that should find most repaints. Manuele Villa did a few too.

BTW I tried the livery pack here: http://home.hccnet.nl/r.cappers/dc2/...nloadsFS9.html and it seems to work for me?

ANyway, enjoy her and thanks for the support!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Thanks guys! Jamie's link got me hooked up just fine. Leave it to me to not find find the forest because of the trees.

I did find the repaint kit though. I'm thinking that if I could paint a few Merc Air DC-3s a few years ago, then a DC-2 should be no problem. (I hope)

Edited to add: I did install Manuel's Lufthansa paint. I'm surprised he didn't do a pre war Italian one as well.

Thinking about starting a transcontinental flight in it tonight. That should be a good break in for it.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Willy you won't be disappointed with this aircraft. As a Beta tester on both the FS9 and FSX models I did my best to break it but couldn't. And it is a beautiful aircraft to fly. Also a few Aussie repaints there as well. RAAF has 2 repaints and there is an ANA one.

Remember to treat the engines like you would your wife otherwise they will get like her if mistreated and get all firey.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

I did a several takeoffs, circling in the pattern and landings at Memphis last night. After having read period accounts of the DC-2 being difficult to land and taxi, I was pleasantly surprised at how well behaved it is. But then Ernest Gann also said that if a pilot got to feeling too cocky flying the DC-2, it would humble him quickly. I'm still getting acquainted with it though.

I also found Manuel's Italian paints for it as well. Also have an idea or two for the obligatory Merc Air paint.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Knowing your repaint style Willy I can see about 4 different aircraft in one repaint. Typical Merc Air parts acquisition .

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Actually, what I'm thinking of is something simple and plain looking that won't attract undue attention.

I "borrowed" this plane from, well, you can see who, for the South America Race, and "tagged" it with Merc Air affiliation. Haven't returned it yet. Can't say where this photo was taken. Not South America. Classified.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Got quite a bit done on the paint tonight. I'd about forgot what a pain it is to get a proper shine on bare metal. But if you're going to do something, it's best to do it right. I decided to redo the alphas from scratch. Now to paint out the not shiny bits.

I'm thinking it's a bit too shiny at this point. But I'll work on that tomorrow as it's almost 4am here.

(Went for the simple is better thing)