New look at FlightSim

Thread: New look at FlightSim

New look at FlightSim

Have a wee keek.:mixedsmi:
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

Have a look at the bottom of the page.

They are running the same software we use.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Quote Originally Posted by aeromed202 View Post
    Have a wee keek.:mixedsmi:
    Och aye the noo.

I appreciate the upgrade over there.
    I run my screen at 1600 X 1200 and flightsim matched at same for clarity, need to bump up windows explorer zoom to 125% or more to be able to read (getting old).

Their old software really bogged down @ other than 100%, if I switched to 100% I could miss new things because couldn't see.

Flightsim - good on ya, thanks.

Retired SOH Administrator
    I like the new look.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

Discovered it earlier this afternoon when I was trying to chase down some DC-2 paints. They'd had that same old look since at least late 1998 when I first found them. It's about time they went for a change.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

I'm comfortable with change, it happens all the time, and indeed in my professional life I have implemented quite a lot of it.
    BUT - I check a lot of flight sim sites daily, and make a mental note of anything desirable, for when I have some free time to download them; and now that the majors are all using the same software, it is difficult to remember which site I saw it on, because they all look the same :isadizzy:

ATB
    MikeW

Charter Member 2011
    i'm kinda like it, glad they stuck with the sameish layout rather than going "all-new!". Not to keen on the thinner download section pages though, i quite liked the "spread over most the screen" look rather than the "squashed in a coloum" look
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Could'nt find the scenery look-up map, i really liked that feature, have they trash'd it or am i not looking hard enough---
    cheers ian

It is a good change except for the screen shot forum. If you post a screen shot form an external photo sharing site it reduces it to fit their new layout and if you use flightsim to post your shots they show up as thumbnails and to look at them you have to click on them and then click through a slide show.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Might just be me but the new format has been extremely slow to load at every step, 15-20 seconds then the new page pops into view. Hope it's just a bug to work out.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

Thumbs up

Might just be me but
    Not just you ....
    Maybe a new look .. but I think this is very heavy new clothes to wear and the site (and library opening) became super slow .. snail speed (when he wants to open)

Quote Originally Posted by aeromed202 View Post
    Might just be me but the new format has been extremely slow to load at every step, 15-20 seconds then the new page pops into view. Hope it's just a bug to work out.
    15-20 seconds? I envy you.Takes about two minutes(no joke)for me,if it loads at all.

Why change things? They say change is good but it never is ........................ Dr Sheldon Cooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Anderson View Post
    I appreciate the upgrade over there.
    I run my screen at 1600 X 1200 and flightsim matched at same for clarity, need to bump up windows explorer zoom to 125% or more to be able to read (getting old).

Their old software really bogged down @ other than 100%, if I switched to 100% I could miss new things because couldn't see.

Flightsim - good on ya, thanks.

OMG, same thing here! I'm a mod for the Panel and Gauge Design forum there and it was painful to the extreme for me to take care of the forum because of the s l o w page update at anything other that 100% page size!

Oddly enough though, I was told by other mods that other browsers than IE8/9 didn't "bog down" on page display at any zoom level. :isadizzy:
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Blog Entries
    I just sent a message to the bosses at flightsim with a fix to their problems. (Ck and myself found a bug in the latest vbulletin today). :isadizzy:
    Look What I Have Become!

Quote Originally Posted by Ickie View Post
    I just sent a message to the bosses at flightsim with a fix to their problems. (Ck and myself found a bug in the latest vbulletin today). :isadizzy:
    What problem? I wasn't aware they had/have one currently...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Blog Entries
    i guess the 2 minute load time isn't a problem. lol
    Look What I Have Become!

i guess the 2 minute load time isn't a problem. lol
    Oh, I hadn't noticed until just now. That is a problem alright!
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations

Blog Entries
    lol the fix worked, lol there back to normal.
    Look What I Have Become!

Lightbulb

Indeed !

Thank you for sharing such a valuable bit of advice then! That demonstrates a lot of character sir!
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations