Jet City Aircraft

Thread: Jet City Aircraft

Hybrid View

Jet City Aircraft

Does anyone know the status of these aircraft? Are they 'abandonware' ? The MD-80/90 used to be available (payware) separately, then as part of the LAGO maddog but they appear to have completely vanished about 5 years ago. I've done a couple nice paints for my VA but hesitate to release them with the model as I can't find any news about them going freeware. I'd also love to lay my hands on the DC-9 pack.

Can anyone help ?
    "May fortune favor the foolish"
    MaddogK

Quick bit of Googling seems to show they have gone; every link I can find comes up as a 404. And, although they were released using the Flight1 wrapper, they aren't even available there anymore (well, I couldn't find them).
    Andy

Concur, can't find the DC-9 pack anywhere, and the MD-80/90 pack is no longer for sale.
    ... I just don't know if it's "OK" to release a re-paint that includes the MD80 model that can no longer be purchased. All of the links have been dead for years, I don't even know who owns the rights to them now.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"
    MaddogK

MaddogK,

I have the Lago Maddog, it was released on disc under the 'Altitude' banner. I found the Lago fighters pack on Amazon under this banner, maybe you can find the Maddog on Amazon US?

Jamie

I managed to find it on Amazon UK, maybe there is hope on Amazon/Ebay US then.

For the Jet City Aircraft fans amongst us, here is a link;
    http://web.archive.org/web/201102071...yaircraft.com/
    Sean Kneppers
    Repainter by choice

Quote Originally Posted by MaddogK View Post
    Concur, can't find the DC-9 pack anywhere, and the MD-80/90 pack is no longer for sale.
    ... I just don't know if it's "OK" to release a re-paint that includes the MD80 model that can no longer be purchased. All of the links have been dead for years, I don't even know who owns the rights to them now.
    I'm not a lawyer, so take my advice for what it's worth (not much). We've been down this path before and I think the majority opinion has been that just because a developer shuts down their product does not automatically enter the public domain. I think distributing former payware without permission could still be considered stealing even if the copyright owner can not be found.

edit: According to Bjoern's post below, the models are now freeware so I guess you'd be OK distribute them. Just shows how much you should you should listen to me (not much).

I couldn't see anywhere for downloading the models, so I guess the link is mainly for support questions or general FAQ
    Sean Kneppers
    Repainter by choice

jca_717.zip (Flightsim)

Thought the models went freeware ages ago, but this is the only one I could find.

Oh well, once I find the time, Erick's DC-9 will finally get the VC it deserves.