After John Terrell's (Bomber_12th) call to arms on making a better version of Kermit Weeks' "Fantasy of Flight" in FSX, and after my friend Nio proposed my name, I had no choice but to volunteer. I have never been there but the data that John sent me and the stuff I found on line was enough to start. I have read so much about the place and Kermit Weeks that the subject intrigued me enough to jump into it.

I started from John's initial work, where he had done some corrections and added static planes on the tarmac. Then I started modelling the main building of the site. Now the building is almost complete and I did a first import to FSX, replacing the default one, just to see how it looks. Still some more details to be added on this one (AC units and stuff on the roofs and, if I manage, two flags on the poles) but the major stuff I wanted to achieve, the colours and the reflective windows and entrance sign, seem more or less OK. I will continue with the rest of the buildings and whatever smaller objects I can model. Then I will continue on the rest of the surrounding grounds. A good photoscenery background would really do this place justice but having no previous experience doing that I would appreciate any assistance. I also don't know if any good resolution photos exist for this.

The following shots show the airport with just the main building replaced. Check Acme Ad and Bashas Ad. The rest is default FSX (except for the static planes that John had added). The P-51 is John's masterpiece "Twilight Tear" in the "now" version. Thanks John!

I will post updates as they come along on this thread for anyone interested. Any comments are always welcome: