"Vintage Flyers" - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Vintage Flyers"

I think between John and Roger and a few others, you are both in my top five favorite screenshot artists . Excellent shots here ! I readily admit I'm not very good at it .

Rich

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Very nice stiz...is that Ted's Be2c?
    sure is
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Curtiss Hawks

Thought I would add a few...

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Great pics here. Love the vintage aircraft.
    I have a few of the CR1 Ford Trimotor.

Thank you Rich, Stiz, Ted, and Robert for all of these additional, wonderful, screenshots!! They all provide for some great inspiration to fly some types I haven't flown in a long time.

One of the best V-12 bi-planes... Hawker Fury!!!

I still need to pick that one up one of these days! Beautiful shots of it, Ted! I've been looking forward to seeing if the restored airworthy Hawker Fury at Duxford (the only example of its kind - besides the airworthy Nimrods and Hinds) will be flying some displays this year.

BTW, I don't know how hard/easy this question would be to answer amongst the folks here, but...

What is the only aircraft/airframe that started out being powered by a Rolls Royce Kestrel engine, and that the last types were fitted with a Rolls Royce Merlin engine?

Another beautiful British bi-plane!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    BTW, I don't know how hard/easy this question would be to answer amongst the folks here, but...

What is the only aircraft/airframe that started out being powered by a Rolls Royce Kestrel engine, and that the last types were fitted with a Rolls Royce Merlin engine?
    Hmmm interesting and unexpected answer to this ...the Messerschmit Me-109!

BTW what model is that of the SE-5A?...looks very nice!

Correct, Paul! ; )

The SE-5A in Ted's screenshots is the Just Flight/Aeroplane Heave model. Another one I need to get! It really looks excellent in those shots!

Ted, admiring your shots of the Fury some more, that fourth one down is absolutely killer! As is the second to the last SE-5A shot! Incredibly dramatic.

Nice Skylark John... cool to see some vintage aircraft of this period!

Love the Skylark! Makes me think I should get the Hughes out of the hangar and take some shots!

Message to TuFun

TuFun , you also will be in Rich's five all time screenshot artist list along with Roger and John .
    You have always been the best video man I've ever seen in the flight sim hobby . Keep them coming . All these shots are beautiful !

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    TuFun , you also will be in Rich's five all time screenshot artist list along with Roger and John .
    You have always been the best video man I've ever seen in the flight sim hobby . Keep them coming . All these shots are beautiful !

Rich
    Thanks Rich! I try to mimic realism as much as I can with the videos. Climbing into the cockpit of the A2A P-40, zigzagging taildraggers and leaning out the sides... thanks to FTNOIR, and watching aircraft fly as a spectator. The vidoes may not be fancy with music, but I want them to be as if you were there with a camcorder. I even go as far as to repaint some of the aircraft to fit the scenes, even thou I not a repainter. Also, I tend to like to do some aerobatics, and I love the sounds of the Merlins and Pratt & Whitney engines! -TF

I thought I throw in a big radial bi-plane! I love this period of aviation with all those colors!!!

Surprised nobody's posted any pics of Ant's Tiger Moth...one of my favourite models - freeware or payware.

From a Kiwi perspective the Tiger Moth has a long history in NZ as a pilot trainer with civilian Aero Clubs during the 30s and 50s, the RNZAF (especially during WW2), a topdresser during the 50s and 60s (they use to fly off our farm) and more recently as a popluar vintage collectable. Tiger Moths were also built in NZ during the war. There is an active Tiger Moth Club in NZ. I was lucky enough to have a flight in one about 30 years ago at a Tiger Moth meet.

I thought I would add, that this was my main inspiration for starting this thread: http://www.prewarpublications.com/Home.html

Here is a gallery of sample-like images from the book - all of the types of aircraft that strike most at my interests: http://www.prewarpublications.com/VF...otographs.html

BTW, very lovely screenshots of the F3F and Tiger Moth, Ted and Paul!!

Kinda reminds me of High Road to China... do have some Stampe SV4's, both blue and red repaints used in the movie. Thou they are FS9, will see how they look in FSX.

High Road to China (Corsica)

Quote Originally Posted by Naki View Post
    Surprised nobody's posted any pics of Ant's Tiger Moth...one of my favourite models - freeware or payware.

From a Kiwi perspective the Tiger Moth has a long history in NZ as a pilot trainer with civilian Aero Clubs during the 30s and 50s, the RNZAF (especially during WW2), a topdresser during the 50s and 60s (they use to fly off our farm) and more recently as a popluar vintage collectable. Tiger Moths were also built in NZ during the war. There is an active Tiger Moth Club in NZ. I was lucky enough to have a flight in one about 30 years ago at a Tiger Moth meet.

What is that last airport?

I hope to finish and relase this beauty some day in the future

Quote Originally Posted by FlightOntario View Post
    What is that last airport?
    Hamilton, New Zealand.....very nicely detailed airport and very cheap!....also check out their Taupo

Available here:

http://www.fs-creations.org/