RAZBAM Flight Club - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RAZBAM Flight Club

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Oops, sorry I missed this. Was outside mowing grass and trimming trees and the time sort of got away from me!
    Too bad, you missed 2 of Pete's errmmm...problems, plus some first rate instrument FAM on the A-7....next time....muuuuhuuuhuuhahahahahahahahahaaaa!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Warhawk1130 View Post
    Too bad, you missed 2 of Pete's errmmm...problems, plus some first rate instrument FAM on the A-7....next time....muuuuhuuuhuuhahahahahahahahahaaaa!!!
    Problems? Engine shut down, bounce off water, engine running again, no problems!

Ahh, the miracles in flight simulation, eh?

Enjoyed it. So much to learn...

NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Problems? Engine shut down, bounce off water, engine running again, no problems!

Ahh, the miracles in flight simulation, eh?

Enjoyed it. So much to learn...

NC
    Don't forget the velcro!

Don't forget the velcro!

Yep. Without those velcro straps, my controllers wouldn't stay put! Pete

Yep. Without those velcro straps, my controllers wouldn't stay put! Pete
    Ohhh...is that what you are using on your "joystick" in your old age...hmmm...what will they think of next!?

Ohhh...is that what you are using on your "joystick" in your old age...hmmm...what will they think of next!?
    Shipmate, give an old Chief a break! You'll be my age before you know it!

Sounds like a good time!
    Well I broke down and bought the Razbam A7 Volumn 3. I love old warbirds but do not have many jets. My overall first impression is its a mature well done aircraft but I am having some issues. First off it nuked my pulldown addons menu taking me 30 minutes of googling to figure it out. Now I am getting some graphics spiking and sometimes the external model is black and moves around like a liquid.
    The other issue is with a 50% fuel load I can take off and be at 400k at the end of a 8000 ft runway. My F-15 strike Eagle cannot even touch that!
    The Razbam forums I came across were ancient. Where can one go to get updates,mods and overall up to date Razbam info?
    And finally....... Any suggestions on another simular quality military warbird? Ive got all the A2a and other high quality prop jobs. Just need some good realistic jets.

Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    Sounds like a good time!
    Well I broke down and bought the Razbam A7 Volumn 3. I love old warbirds but do not have many jets. My overall first impression is its a mature well done aircraft but I am having some issues. First off it nuked my pulldown addons menu taking me 30 minutes of googling to figure it out. Now I am getting some graphics spiking and sometimes the external model is black and moves around like a liquid.
    The other issue is with a 50% fuel load I can take off and be at 400k at the end of a 8000 ft runway. My F-15 strike Eagle cannot even touch that!
    The Razbam forums I came across were ancient. Where can one go to get updates,mods and overall up to date Razbam info?
    And finally....... Any suggestions on another simular quality military warbird? Ive got all the A2a and other high quality prop jobs. Just need some good realistic jets.
    Lotus Simulations L-39. You will NOT regret it.

Got it day one and you are right. Its still one of the best out there even at its age.

Just bought the Convair fa201.

Shipmate, give an old Chief a break! You'll be my age before you know it!
    Thats in 6 years...it will be here tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    Sounds like a good time!
    These are still the current forums for RAZBAM http://www.razbamsims.com/forums/

Next OP is this saturday (050512) from 0800 to 1200 PST. KNZY to KNUW via FALLON. Salt Wells and LAzy B are off limits on this hop.

Next OP is this saturday (050512) from 0800 to 1200 PST. KNZY to KNUW via FALLON. Salt Wells and LAzy B are off limits on this hop.
    Hmm, well that means a visit to both establishments are in order BEFORE and AFTER the hop! heh, heh.....NC

Salt Well off limits? Never! time to "acquire" the CO's rental van and head out to my favorite haunt. The Chief is welcome to join me, the XO can stay in the Q.
    AO1 USN Retired
    USS SARATOGA CV-60/ VP-65/HAL-5/VP-0919/VFA-305/NAWS-0176/HCS-5

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance
    We Are The Arms Of The Fleet

Looks like I won't be able to make the sortie tomorrow. Sister is down visiting from Indy, and have been talked into going off-island on errands tomorrow. I would MUCH rather be simming, but such is the case.

See yas next flight.

Chief

Thumbs up

Looks like I won't be able to make the sortie tomorrow. Sister is down visiting from Indy, and have been talked into going off-island on errands tomorrow. I would MUCH rather be simming, but such is the case.

See yas next flight.

Chief

:P:P:P:P:P

OK...fridays will be free flight, saturday vmil ops and sunday WW2.

Never joined a vMilitary outfit because my time is pretty limited, thus my ability to be places at certain dates and times are kinda sad. I work nights in the U.S., and even keep my nightshift schedule during my off days. Oh, and I have one of those stupid two days On, two days Off, three days On, two days off schedules. Really, really sucks.

What I have never asked is what can I offer or take part in? Is there a place in these outfits for someone with a screwy life like me?

Just wondering. Any input on this would be much appreciated.

Oh, I have the A-7's and the 201. I spend a lot of time in rotary wing though. Jack of all trades, master of none!

More than likely we have a spot for anyone with a screwy life. Our flight schedule is a hop on the weekends usually on Saturday mornings. As I am Operations I will be planning other events as time allows and Warhawk is evaluating some software that would allow members to do their flight deck time solo or offline. If you have rotary time there maybe a dedicated C/SAR unit formed up in a couple of months. My advice is drink heavi..., sorry, that's for stress at work, go ahead and join us and see what you can work into you life, it should be fun.:cost1:
    AO1 USN Retired

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance

Gonna expect you this weekend, Gunner...real life events withstanding, of course. Post your puter specs!~

AMD A4-3620 quad core cpu

8GB RAM

NVIDEA GT520 with 1GB RAM

Windows 7 64 bit Home premium.

My only complaint is that my TS admin status for both TS2 & 3 did not xfer over to the new rig even though the software was left on their home drives.

I plan on showing this weekend barring real life raising it's ugly head.
    AO1 USN Retired

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance

Quote Originally Posted by BrittMac View Post
    Never joined a vMilitary outfit because my time is pretty limited, thus my ability to be places at certain dates and times are kinda sad. I work nights in the U.S., and even keep my nightshift schedule during my off days. Oh, and I have one of those stupid two days On, two days Off, three days On, two days off schedules. Really, really sucks.

What I have never asked is what can I offer or take part in? Is there a place in these outfits for someone with a screwy life like me?

Just wondering. Any input on this would be much appreciated.

Oh, I have the A-7's and the 201. I spend a lot of time in rotary wing though. Jack of all trades, master of none!
    Sorry, I missed this, Britt...show up when you can...no problem..come join the fun! http://fsx-miramar.webs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by strikehawk View Post
    AMD A4-3620 quad core cpu

8GB RAM

NVIDEA GT520 with 1GB RAM

Windows 7 64 bit Home premium.

My only complaint is that my TS admin status for both TS2 & 3 did not xfer over to the new rig even though the software was left on their home drives.

I plan on showing this weekend barring real life raising it's ugly head.
    No problem, Gunner...I believe I can reinstate you on both if I have to...gonna cost you though

Sorry, I missed this, Britt...show up when you can...no problem..come join the fun! http://fsx-miramar.webs.com/
    Thanks for flying with us today Britt...hope you had fun!