RAZBAM Flight Club
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RAZBAM Flight Club

RAZBAM Flight Club

RAZBAM Flight club VMilitary operations this saturday at 0800 pacific time. We will be flying in the dedicated server, so make sure you have FShost and teamspeak. If you downloaded an installed the required addons from the website, we will also be doing some relaxed case 1 approaches to the Nimitz.

Training will be specifically tailored for the RAZBAM A-7E and I will cover FAM (Instrument and flight familiarization) then we will do a NAVEX (navigational excersize utilizing the INS) and then on to the ship for a case 1 approach where you will learn about flying in a case 1 pattern/approach.

Take off from NAS Lemoore and fly to NAS Alameda. After a brief stop over we will then get airborne and fly to the ship which will be off the coast of Pismo Beach. I hope to see some new students there...this will be the place to be if you don't wanna read the manual and get up to speed quickly on the basic operation of the A-7 corsair.

Itinerary;

0800 to 0900 - FAM
    0900 to 0930 - NAVEX to Alameda
    0930 to finish - Case 1 approach to CVN 68

Those that want to fly the carrier aircraft of their choice besides the A-7 can meet up with us at Alameda at 0930.

This is tentative and subject to change as real life permits.

Membership/download links can be found at the RAZBAM/FSX Miramar website;

http://fsx-miramar.webs.com/

Hope to see you on the flight line at KNLC

Just got registered. Thanks!

NC

Quote Originally Posted by Warhawk1130 View Post

0800 to 0900 - FAM
    0900 to 0930 - NAVEX to Alameda
    0930 to finish - Case 1 approach to CVN 68

Just wanted to confirm......0800, NAS Lemoore, Pacific time?

Navy Chief
    :salute:

This looks like fun. I'll try to be there, VA-94 (default) paint.

- Paul
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Correct, Chief, 0800 PST I will post FSTG server info on friday in the forums, but I doubt YOU need system FAM on the A-7 LOL. PRB, its a pleasure to have you, as well. Our A-7 textures are available to DL on the site, mine and scotts so you can see us. I have no problem making you a repaint to fly with us, just tell me what you want and I can whip it up in less than 15 minutes (any repaint I have already done)Just tell me what number/pilot name you want And I will get it up for download.

I doubt YOU need system FAM on the A-7 LOL.....
    But you would be mistaken!

I need all the help I can get! Oh, I can get the aircraft off the ground, and land easily enough. But the actual workings of navigation (proper navigation, that is) and operation of the various instruments?

That I am clueless about.

NC

P.S. My SLUF will be in VA-15 colors....

Must study AI Carrier features. I landed on the Nimitz (hot, fast, 4 wire, LSO was not impressed), but couldn't figure out how to get shot off the cat. I taxied to CAT2, put the lauch bar down, then I'm stuck. I think it's an FSX thing, and maybe not an AI Carriers thing. Probably out to grab the NATOPS too...
    HP Reverb G2

Correct, Chief, 0800 PST I will post FSTG server info on friday in the forums, but I doubt YOU need system FAM on the A-7 LOL. PRB, its a pleasure to have you, as well. Our A-7 textures are available to DL on the site, mine and scotts so you can see us. I have no problem making you a repaint to fly with us, just tell me what you want and I can whip it up in less than 15 minutes (any repaint I have already done)Just tell me what number/pilot name you want And I will get it up for download.
    Thanks WH. I'll think about what I'd like. I did the VA-94 paint that comes with the RAZBAM ship. Ron touched it up a bit, added some smudges and stuff, but I kind of like it, and may stick with that one. I'll go over to the site and get the VA-97 paints.
    HP Reverb G2

I wish there was a way to get the carrier to show up in "instant replay". Am sure there are third party freeware programs, etc... that would do it. But the Instant Replay is so much easier. Right there on the drop down menu.

I trapped (more or less...heh, heh). And would have enjoyed watching my approach in a replay. My settings are so FSX does not detect crashes. Reason for me, at least, is I don't like waiting for FSX to restart the flight. Takes too much time. NC

Hey Pete, we're going to make the Air Boss's hair turn gray when we get there!
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Hey Pete, we're going to make the Air Boss's hair turn gray when we get there!

Well, I know my traps will! I have a real difficult time keeping from landing too fast, and diving for the deck. Oh, I catch the wire and all, but it ain't pretty. I suppose with enough practice that will change. The acceleration of the A-7E isn't exactly on par with other same period aircraft. From what I've seen, when you advance the throttle, there's definitely a delay before the rpms are translated into speed.... That isn't cool when the meatball is in sight.....

NC

PRB,

You must be within 1 meter of the shuttle on the cat, make sure parking brakes on then hit Shift+I which will put the launchbar into the shuttle..the JBD will then come up automatically

When you are ready, do your wipeout...make sure flaps down and then hit shift+spacebar to make a CAT stroke...

For a great, comprehensive guide to all about the FSX nimitz/ike, this is a MUST read!

http://nikkiwaif.tripod.com/index-2.html

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    But you would be mistaken!

I need all the help I can get! Oh, I can get the aircraft off the ground, and land easily enough. But the actual workings of navigation (proper navigation, that is) and operation of the various instruments?

That I am clueless about.

NC

P.S. My SLUF will be in VA-15 colors....
    I will have you in the know within an hour, guaranteed!

OH, and to all that are wondering...yes, our site is highly endorsed by RAZBAM head honcho, Ron Zambrano himself! He was all for it.

OH, and to all that are wondering...yes, our site is highly endorsed by RAZBAM head honcho, Ron Zambrano himself! He was all for it.
    Ron, it would be cool if you joined us for some flying. I literally cannot remember the last time you and I did some MP.

Pete

Ron flies? I thought he made Larry do all da flying LOL.

I am sure Ron will make an appearance one of these days.

Well, I know my traps will! I have a real difficult time keeping from landing too fast, and diving for the deck. Oh, I catch the wire and all, but it ain't pretty. I suppose with enough practice that will change. The acceleration of the A-7E isn't exactly on par with other same period aircraft. From what I've seen, when you advance the throttle, there's definitely a delay before the rpms are translated into speed.... That isn't cool when the meatball is in sight.....

NC
    You approaching the boat with minimums, or you flying with aero 1ds with more than 3,000 lbs of JP5? ANything more and you will be flying in hot..It will take you 150 knts + just to keep you from sinking into the jet shop! lol

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    Ron flies? I thought he made Larry do all da flying LOL.

I am sure Ron will make an appearance one of these days.
    You kidding? i´m the guy making all the test flights!..and yes i´ll join you one of these days..maybe with something not ready for the public eye..lol

Prowler

You approaching the boat with minimums, or you flying with aero 1ds with more than 3,000 lbs of JP5? ANything more and you will be flying in hot..It will take you 150 knts + just to keep you from sinking into the jet shop! lol
    That's it! I knew there was something I had forgotten about: weight. I only did the fuel adjustment thing a couple times in the years I've been simming, so didn't even think about.

NC

That's it! I knew there was something I had forgotten about: weight. I only did the fuel adjustment thing a couple times in the years I've been simming, so didn't even think about.

NC
    Fuel dump....will drain all exterior DT's and the wing tanks. FOr Saturdays EX, we will NOT have any Aero 1d's on the birds. Pappy and I flew the same training route last weekend, did about 5 cycles on the ship and RTBed to Lemoore with 1000 pounds left in the main....not bad!

PRB,

You must be within 1 meter of the shuttle on the cat, make sure parking brakes on then hit Shift+I which will put the launchbar into the shuttle..the JBD will then come up automatically

When you are ready, do your wipeout...make sure flaps down and then hit shift+spacebar to make a CAT stroke...

For a great, comprehensive guide to all about the FSX nimitz/ike, this is a MUST read!

http://nikkiwaif.tripod.com/index-2.html
    That did it, thanks WH.
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    That did it, thanks WH.
    Anything for a shipmate

Just to let you all know that I will more than likely be the controller for this event, at any rate as I am an Admin on the host server I'll be "riding shotgun" to keep the airspace clear. I'm also a member of the flight club and for some reason the "Gunner" too, go figure, thanks Rich now I guess I'm working fo you this time around.:salute:
    AO1 USN Retired
    USS SARATOGA CV-60/ VP-65/HAL-5/VP-0919/VFA-305/NAWS-0176/HCS-5

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance
    We Are The Arms Of The Fleet

Gotta make a run to the hardware store to get some velcro tie-downs, or my controllers won't stay in place. Not good when you are in the groove for a trap!!!!

See y'all at 11 (my time, Eastern time)........ NC

Oops, sorry I missed this. Was outside mowing grass and trimming trees and the time sort of got away from me!
    HP Reverb G2