Antonov-12 Help Needed

Thread: Antonov-12 Help Needed

Antonov-12 Help Needed

May somebody please help me fix the props and the windows on this beast? I haven't got the slightest clue as to what to do.

http://simviation.com/1/search?submi...ge+fsx&x=0&y=0

Many thanks,

Walter

Glass is most likely an alpha channel that needs to be darkened. I don't have that airplane so I can't help you, but if you have DXTbmp then just make the alpha for the glass texture solid black (0,0,0). That'll correct it.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Just took a look at it over at Simviation. Very odd that the two consistent problems with FSX portovers (props and glass) are not fixed even though this was moded to work in FSX, lol.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Just took a look at it over at Simviation. Very odd that the two consistent problems with FSX portovers (props and glass) are not fixed even though this was moded to work in FSX, lol.
    The files at Simviation seem to often be uploaded without the original author's permission, probably by kids looking to do the bare minimum to see their name in lights.
    This file, like so many others, is not intended for FSX, and despite people making "modding" efforts, it will still have visual and/or operational problems in FSX.
    It continues to perplex me s to why people would attempt to "fix" a plane that was never designed for this sim, but go ahead...just don't complain about flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    The files at Simviation seem to often be uploaded without the original author's permission, probably by kids looking to do the bare minimum to see their name in lights.
    This file, like so many others, is not intended for FSX, and despite people making "modding" efforts, it will still have visual and/or operational problems in FSX.
    It continues to perplex me s to why people would attempt to "fix" a plane that was never designed for this sim, but go ahead...just don't complain about flaws.
    You are propably right.

I downloaded this very same airplane (made for FS2004 and moded over to FSX) about 1.5 years ago don't remember where anymore - propably some russian site or where Mr. Zhyhulskiy himself uploads his planes?). It worked and still works ok props, windows, all (I have FSX Gold edition i.e. Acceleration w/SP2). It came with original documentation.

Pekka

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Ok, I got the props, now for the glass!

Attachment 63934
    The russian planes from this guy are great, even though they have non-clickable virtual cockpits. The recipe to make them display properly in FSX is always the same:
    - the prop texture
    - the exterior glass texture
    - the interior glass texture
    These three textures need to be edited with DXTBMP, in order to create a darker Alpha Channel. Then, they have to be saved as extended bitmpa - DXT3 or DXT5.

Of course, this will never solve the problem of the props and glass dissappearing behind the clouds, but that's the same of every FS9 aircraft, there's nothing you can do about this. Same applies to his An-2 and An-26.