Mirage 2000C for FSX from Metal2Mesh ?!?!?!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mirage 2000C for FSX from Metal2Mesh ?!?!?!

Mirage 2000C for FSX from Metal2Mesh ?!?!?!

It seems a new developper have decided to start a brand new family of "payware" Mirage 2000.

They will began with the 2000C and then follow with a 2000D ans 2000N and later a 2000-5F and
    may be 2000-9 export version.

Hoping they have check with Dassault Aviation to have copyright authorisation ! ! !
    if they want to sell them as paywares ! ! !

Lets follow their venture here :
    http://metal2mesh.com/store/index.php?main_page=page_2
    :mixedsmi:
    VaporZ

The people behind this Mirage too have quite a bit of background. It's none other than the same folks who brought you the Iris F-15, Jayhawk and F-16 from Aerosoft. He's also a great friend of mine so I fully endorse his movement. He's a great person and one of the best modelers in the industry in my opinion.

Oooh, just as I was commenting earlier about the other Mirage release being taken away and this one looks to have much potential. I look forward to this one.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

I still have the Rollus one. And backups of it. Still enjoy it to this very day...

Though a C is welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by CodyValkyrie View Post
    The people behind this Mirage too have quite a bit of background. It's none other than the same folks who brought you the Iris F-15, Jayhawk and F-16 from Aerosoft. He's also a great friend of mine so I fully endorse his movement. He's a great person and one of the best modelers in the industry in my opinion.
    Thanks for the warm welcome Cody,

Yes Metal2Mesh is a new company, but with old ties to the community. We bring a skill set that will have a layer in accuracy, and we wanted to do the Mirage 2000 to the best of the ability.
    You will see in the upcoming months the progress of our work. We are still very early in the development, and with time we will cross the finish line with a true winner.

Thank you,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by timghetta View Post

Yes Metal2Mesh is a new company, but with old ties to the community. We bring a skill set that will have a layer in accuracy, and we wanted to do the Mirage 2000 to the best of the ability.
    You will see in the upcoming months the progress of our work. We are still very early in the development, and with time we will cross the finish line with a true winner.

Thank you,
    Tim
    Tim, great looking model so far. Will Dassault try to stop this one like the Rollus model over marketing infringements? I hope not, as I thought the Rollus one looked superb and had no idea about it's withdrawl from the market. Anyway, I hope there was additional info I overlooked or misread regarding Dassault and the pulling of the Rollus model.

Matt

Thank you,
    Tim
    I inform you that I have hundreds of french magazines ( AirFan, AirAction, AirZone ) and books related to the Mirage 2000 family and if you need any reference material for the different "Escadrons" colors that could be helpfull for you, do not hesitate to contact me by private message.

I have both french and canadian citizenship and I personnaly know two Mirage 2000 french pilots including one who is actually flying F-16C for the Vermont
    Air national Guard at Burlington IAP on a 3 years pilot exchange program.
    VaporZ

This is the best news I've heard in ages, we so need a good Mirage 2000D/N for fsx. The old FS9 one works but these hopefully will be the full FSX banana, from the looks of it anyway! :salute:
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Metal Mesh team have now a facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/Metal2Mesh

Take a look at the pictures of the open / close exhaust nozzle 3D model of the
    Snecma engine !!!!!

Wow !
    VaporZ

Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    This is the best news I've heard in ages, we so need a good Mirage 2000D/N for fsx. The old FS9 one works but these hopefully will be the full FSX banana, from the looks of it anyway! :salute:
    Yes, I hope they make one of the two seaters as well. I think the Mirage 2000 is one of those aircraft that, as good as the single seater looks, the two seater looks better, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    If you know/like the new IRIS F-15 Mudhen Driver, you are going to love this one, as Tim Taylor is the guy behind these models. Oh, did I mention he made other great models like the Aerosoft F-16? Wonderful stuff by Tim!

Jose.

Thank you,
    Tim
    By the way timghetta, when the time will come to 3D model your Mirage 2000 Pilot and for historical accuracy do not
    forget that for 85% of the Mirage 2000 "C" operational carreer, the pilots were using the "Guéneau" helmet and the
    vintage "Ulmer" oxygen mask as illustrated below.

Best regards
    VaporZ

Thanks VaporZ, I'll let Tim know and i'll use it for the textures...

We also are thinking about using the new Helmets and Ox. Masks..

Best Regards,

Sundog,
    Yes we will make the 2 seater(s)

Jose,
    Thanks my friend, you are great person.

VaporZ,
    Yes we will do both pilots, and you know me, I like to make sure our pilots look good too.

As for why I am here, we are pretty much finished majority on the exterior mapping and it has gone off to the painter for some really nice schemes we have in-store for everyone.
    So here are a couple pics of how she is looking in FSX, and thank you for your support.

Now I have the task of doing gears and then I get deeper into the VC.

-Tim

Attachment 64273

Attachment 64274

Been watching this Mirage Tim, looks very nice. Great news that you are doring the two-seaters ;-)

Best
    DagR

That's great to hear you are going to make the two seaters. I can't wait for the Mirage IV, my favorite Mirage two seater. OK, I know that isn't what you were saying, just throwing it out there for sometime in the distant future, maybe. You guys probably already have a good list going of what you want to model. I'm definitely looking forward to all of your M2000's. Thanks for the previews.

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Tim, great looking model so far. Will Dassault try to stop this one like the Rollus model over marketing infringements? I hope not, as I thought the Rollus one looked superb and had no idea about it's withdrawl from the market. Anyway, I hope there was additional info I overlooked or misread regarding Dassault and the pulling of the Rollus model.
    So, did I misunderstand the debate about the Rollus model versus Dassault? I noticed no replies, just didn't fully realize why the Rollus model went away. This one is another must have for me, along with the fantastic paints.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Sorry to be honest, I can't comment on that, nor would I want to with something that has to do with any legal issue and wouldn't feel comfortable in a public forum. It wasn't that I was trying to ignore it, just didn't want to bring the discussion any further on that topic.

Tim

Hi Matt,

Sorry to be honest, I can't comment on that, nor would I want to with something that has to do with any legal issue and wouldn't feel comfortable in a public forum. It wasn't that I was trying to ignore it, just didn't want to bring the discussion any further on that topic.

Tim
    A very good approach indeed.
    :ernae:

This is AWESOME! Glad to see this is in the works!!!!
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

Hi Matt,

Tim
    Tim & Frank, thanks for reply. Your replies are spot on and I guess I should just leave well enough alone just didn't understand the difference between the two events. Ultimately fantastic looking models and really looking forward to the release. Apologies for going off topic.

Matt

For Metal2Mesh Team

For historically accurate repaints for French Armée de l'Air Mirage 2000C
    best reference material for :

2ième Escadre / Dijon Air Base
    5ième Escadre / Orange Air Base
    12 ième Escadre / Cambrai Air Base
    and
    CEAM / Mont de Marsan Air Base ( 330-xx coded )

are Berna Decal Sheets ( for 1/48 scale plastic kits ) BER48011 and BER48042 as illustrated below.

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/BER48011
    http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/BER48042

VaporZ

Wow, that decal stuff is gold... just imagine the possibilities for repaints if they would sell those sheets as downloadable BMP or TIF files!

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Wow, that decal stuff is gold... just imagine the possibilities for repaints if they would sell those sheets as downloadable BMP or TIF files!
    I have both scanned on BMP Files !
    ( do not tell anyone )

VaporZ

This does indeed look great!

Is ther going to be a Greek version included? We had the -C version (coded -CG) although all of them have now been upgraded to -5 level.