[Payware] Nemeth Design: Boeing CH-47 Chinook Released - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Payware] Nemeth Design: Boeing CH-47 Chinook Released

Some are reporting stutters while kicking up a dust cloud. I always got some hiccups from dust/water clouds so I can imagine hover in one with a high detail model will have your computer grunting.

I am close to buying but to be honest doubt I would fly it much. I still have 4 addons bought recently I have barely even flown.

I have been looking forward to this helo for a very long time. I really like it...flies great and looks great. The VC is excellent. But the pilots in the external view look like a couple of kids at an airshow allowed to put on pilots' helmets and sit in the cockpit. Minor complaint...well worth the cost.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post
    Can someone tell me please how i can open the ramp doors - try every trick and key-combination without luck :isadizzy:

Edit: Found it - a bit tricky but works nice
    I know you say you found it, but just to re-iterate for those that don't know I will elaborate. On the lower right corner of the overhead console is the hydraulics control panel. You need to turn the 2 hyd switches to on, in the center of the 2 red covers flip the switch full forward to EMER, open the right cover and then move the switch for ramp up/down.

Thanks for the comments thus far! I certaintly have had fun flying the chopper myself. Is nice not always having to think about giving counter-torque since the Chinook has the counter rotating rotors. It has made helo flying fun again for me! Think I have just spent to much time doing barrel rolls and loops with fighters.
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Well I was about to buy and download my first Orbx PNW scenery everyone raves about. Problem is that it 4 gigs and bigger when installed. I just do not have the HD space anymore. Plenty of space on ext drives but FSX alone it HUGE but add Gex,FEX and others and I am tapped out. Even moving some textures to the ext drives isn't going to help much.
    I really wanted a excuse to add a good detailed scenery and do some slow and lo wing slinging.
    Ive got Tongass but its really bushflying scenery. The rest are Flytampa and simular covering islands and indiv airports. I had ManhattenX loaded but it was a slide show. Just got Vegas from Aerosoft. Ok but its older looking scenery.
    Where you guys flying your helis?

Hi can anyone list the paint schemes? or is it just the one?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Sykes View Post
    Hi can anyone list the paint schemes? or is it just the one?
    theres 3 liveries in the package

another one uploaded to avsim

its more a F than a D

Great job jeansy, any way to put some green on those helmets? The initial "puke" green of our battalions "F" models are starting to turn more desert-ish tan.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Yep High, I will be doing something with those helmets

another uploading to avsim, Link on its way

Any one planning RAF paints for this?

Hi Chris

At this stage I have no plans of doing any RAF paints as the model is 47 not HC 2 or 3

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    any way to put some green on those helmets?

Done, Just drop it into your desired texture folder or the main texture folder in the ND CH-47 folder

get them here >>http://www.4shared.com/zip/F62CNlJL/...ot_Helmet.html

Charter Member 2012
    Great work as always Jeansy - thanks for sharing :salute:

Thanks Barnes

and another scheme

Damn it looks like another argument with the lady is on the horizon....Gotta pick this up when I get back home.

Ok, against all odds Ive waited a few days and resisted the Impulse Buy Syndrome or I.B.S.

So whats the early buzz? Ive heard its smooth from some to the digital readouts are causing stutters.
    If you dump the collective does this heli hang up there like a blimp or come down like a bus full of rocks?
    Ive got alot of helis but the Dodo pretty much spoiled them for me. But this one interest me because, well I do not have it.

EDIT--- Never mind. I am weak and the force was strong. Loading now.

Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    Ok, against all odds Ive waited a few days and resisted the Impulse Buy Syndrome or I.B.S.

EDIT--- Never mind. I am weak and the force was strong. Loading now.
    LMAO! Please share your feedback Jim. Admittedly do not own the Dodosim Bell, but understand it to be the VRS Superbug of helo's, so very much looking for feeedback versus this release.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    theres 3 liveries in the package

another one uploaded to avsim

its more a F than a D
    Jeansy, your attention to detail is absoutely phenominal! Your paints look extremely lifelike and you've absolutely got the color fading looking spot on with what I see at Gray AAF with our CH and MH47's, though a few of the MH's have a darker paint applied but not all.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    LMAO! Please share your feedback Jim. Admittedly do not own the Dodosim Bell, but understand it to be the VRS Superbug of helo's, so very much looking for feeedback versus this release.
    A quick post so not well done but off the top of my head.....

First off if you are even a little interested in helis. Get the DODSIM 206!
    That comes from someone who paid out of pocket to get my Commercial ticket in helis and this would have made it alot easier.

First I always have a story about the aircraft reviewing. When I was a lineman cleaning windshields, stinking of gas a bumming any ride in anything that flew to build time, we use to have military helis stopping by to refuel. Everyone loved the AH-64 "Apaches" since they were the latest greatest killing machine and super cool. However, when we got a call the Chinooks were inbound we all ran off and hid. These da* things are LOUD and WINDY. The first time I parked one it was 6 of em. Nemeth or whoever did this, did a good job reflecting how this huge,loud,heavy machine can be flown with exact precision. These guys would park within 5 feet of each other blades. One of the pilots kept telling me to "backup", so I backed up. He did it 3 other times till he was satisfied I was back far enought. Let me tell ya, when they spooled down and that big ol blade started drooping I see why. I do not know if it would have taken my head off at just under 6 feet but it would have been close.

Quick review- Old I7,2.6 ghz,6 gigs ram, 1 gig 5800 series,Vista 64

Fps for me is very good. I then ramped up my autogen and building to max and it was consistant 25 locked. And I got everything loaded,Fex,Gex,UTX,ActiveSky....... Vr pit looks like the pics as do the exterior., Very good. A real joy to fly and a good sightseeing heli. Almost boring coming from the ligher helis/Dodo ect but its very agile. You can put it where you want it and I can easily land it on a pad. Light on the pedals.. My pet peeve with FSX helis is usally the collective. You lower it or dump it and they just float. If you own their 109 its simular. I use a Saitec X52. There is a point that either a little more or less is like the tipping point. Pass that point decreasing pitch and the heli will really start coming down. Dump it and it falls. Not the greatest but alot better than floaters which drives me crazy.
    I have a speaker chair with a subwoof in the bottom and I had to add touch down sounds. If you have the 109 I just copied off its touchdown lines and pasted them into the Chinooks. So now I get a satifying thump when I touchdown. More of a tactile reason. The interior sounds are too realistic being just systems noise. I miss a woop woop and will do it myself. Also added a default GPS.
    So its easy of the frames,looks great and flies like you would imagine it would. Without pop ups I am trying to figure how to operate the AP and other systems while flying. Speaking of systems, thats not my thing so I do not know how accurate they are. I do not even like cold and darking anything but tonight I plan on at least figuring out startup and shut down procedures.

Wow Jim, Thanks for the quick reply. I am not really a big helo fan but digging this one and it's great attention to detail. Although not a very sexy machine, it is the fastest helo in the US inventory and don't want to say it's the fastest production helo in the world, but that may be correct. I have heard of Apache pilots asking them to slow down, though many will not freely admit to it.

Again, thanks for the expedited reply and concise review. Looking forward to more comments.

Matt

Thanks Matt

UN Paint download> http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php...li&DLID=167717

Desert Yellow Download > http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php...li&DLID=167716

still toying around with this one

Really would like that last one Matt, if you release it mate.

Looks great.

Cheers.
    [SIGPIC].................[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Hi Chris

At this stage I have no plans of doing any RAF paints as the model is 47 not HC 2 or 3
    Its close enough, though i dont know the internal differences? This is from the Wiki page for the UK varients...

Variants <DL><DT>Chinook HC1</DT><DD>New-build aircraft for the RAF based on the CH-47C, 41 built.</DD><DT>Chinook HC1B</DT><DD>Modification of the 41 HC1s with metal rotor blades, survivors converted to HC2.</DD><DT>Chinook HC2</DT><DD>Conversion by Boeing of 32 surviving HC1Bs to CH-47D standard, and 3 new build-aircraft</DD><DT>Chinook HC2A</DT><DD>Similar to the HC2 with strengthened fuselage using milled structure manufacturing techniques, 6 built.</DD><DT>Chinook HC3</DT><DD>Special forces variant based on the CH-47SD, 8 built.</DD><DT>Chinook HC4/HC4A</DT><DD>HC2/HC2A aircraft with upgraded engines and avionics under Project Julius. 46 conversions planned.</DD><DT>Chinook HC5</DT><DD>HC3 aircraft with upgraded avionics under Project Julius.</DD><DT>Chinook HC6</DT><DD>New-build Chinooks announced in 2009, expected to be delivered beginning in 2014. Originally 24, later reduced to 14 aircraft[60] (12 helicopters plus 2 attrition replacements).</DD></DL>

ok chris

the paint kit isnt something you can knock up a cam paint in a short time, so

ive done a quick HC2 RAF paint, i can add a cam paint to the list when time/motivation permits

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Wow Jim, Thanks for the quick reply. I am not really a big helo fan but digging this one and it's great attention to detail. Although not a very sexy machine, it is the fastest helo in the US inventory and don't want to say it's the fastest production helo in the world, but that may be correct. I have heard of Apache pilots asking them to slow down, though many will not freely admit to it.

Again, thanks for the expedited reply and concise review. Looking forward to more comments.
    Matt if it wasnt for the milviz guys this wouldnt be as detailed as it is today, Im glad they took over and managed this, all the credits should go to colin and steve

like this package in the near future, you wont go wrong with the milviz helo range

Wow, is my internet connection slow today!

Jeansy, is the kit you're using now something that you've built up to use at this stage? Like a work in progress effort?

Nice paints by the way.

If I can, I don't have much info of it mind you, this one has a very nice nose-art. I'm not sure if there is enough information to even consider it. http://www.chinook-helicopter.com/hi.../89-00150.html
    I've done a bit of cleaning up for you if you want to use it. A little help on my part as encouragement possibly.

Right-click, view-image for high resolution.