C2C - spokes2112 - Headin downhill for Three Anchor Bay

Thread: C2C - spokes2112 - Headin downhill for Three Anchor Bay

C2C - spokes2112 - Headin downhill for Three Anchor Bay

Taking off from ENHF for Stockholm ESSB in the Spartan. Using Active Sky. W/Co-pilot, sunning butter & golf clubs onboard.

Roman

Well that just sucks, one big gust of wind and aircraft overstressed.. +1:00 penalty.

Roman

http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...dOqKFMdoHTEluE

Attachment 62848

Attachment 62847

The past 22 hours have been hectic. The Swedish Navy plucked our tails out of the Gulf of Bothnia, golf clubs & tanning butter were lost. Took two train rides up the coast, a nice flight in a Fokker F.VII, then hooked up with the Sami for a reindeer herding session up to Kautokeino.. Not quite there yet, one long ride in a 1938 De Soto 4-Door Sedan built by AB Nyköpings Automobilfabrik to get to Hammerfest... The trip was not in vain, my co-pilot Mae West :-) & I discussed the absolute horrid turbulence & wind shifts on our previous attempt. Throughout our return journey it was noticed as we gathered weather lintel that it just may be a better play to stay down low. While slower in true speed it may just be better as will will not have to fight winds up high. We also got some real good maps from the locals and during the train ride another plan was fabricated with a more direct route using visual reporting points for navigation.. Reminds me,, have to purchase a new watch, 22 hours doesn't seem right, the time must have been flying!, unlike ourselves . Hope ship #2 is ready to go..

Giving her another shot - The Spartan, ENHF/ESSB, AS6.5

Attachment 62920

Good luck, Roman. I truly feel your pain. :isadizzy:
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Thanks Craig!!

Made it to Stockholm! Whew! Ma Nature was not kind at all. Terrible winds / snow / turbulence in N. Sweden, it all calmed down over the gulf..

Roman

Fulfilled the 200 NM required stop for the ENHF/LSMI segment.

http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...iozYKKOh2wUGJw

Attachment 62936

Attachment 62937

Heavy snow over Hammerfest due to a squall, was nice to get out of it. The departure visibility was nil..

Attachment 62935

Nice & sunny down low, prior to seeing what the winds did up higher.

Attachment 62934

2000 feet the rest of the way, out of the winds.. Crossing the gulf it was soup for the whole crossing, stayed just under the ceiling.

Attachment 62933

Must be getting close to land.. The sun is coming out!

Attachment 62932

Cheers, Roman!

Thanks for the Pirep in my thread. Hopefully things will have calmed down a bit by the time I climb into the left seat later today.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Heading to Prague from Stockholm, Spartan / AS6.5. Hoping to get good visibility over Öland, need 2 visual points to get into Poland on course.

Roman

Another crash! - going to bang my head against the wall to put some sense into it..! Left Brezany ADF @142* for Prague LKKB in the soup while descending, after 2 minutes the airport should've been on the port side for a downwind. Couldn't get a view on it until I looked out the window.. Caught a glimps, & at that instant while turning my "brick" of a skull back in -- You know the rest.. Boy this Spartan doesn't give any leeway, 4 seconds of overspeed and

Should of had the bird all configured for landing on the downwind.. Live and Learn,,, or crash.

Bang! "FLY THE AIRPLANE! :violent:

3 more into the penalty box.. Will try again once I return from the hospital from a self induced head injury.. By the time I get to S. Africa it'll be winter and it'll be warmer in Norway!

Roman

http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...wQdlugPdU6Dhss

That's some bad luck, Roman. I'm still real gun-shy with the Gooney Bird after my incident the other day. Hang in there! :salute:
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

It's Friday the 13th, Voodoo doll on the glareshield. Going to knock this monkey off the 'ol shoulder.. ESSB --> LKKB / Spartan / AS6.5

Roman

DID IT AGAIN! This time actually felt the tarmac.. Flaps wouldn't come down, in the white arc.. About 10 feet above the runway looking for a no-flaps landing, they popped out.. Ballooned, Stalled -

http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...vrh7xtIHnn7ugM

3 more..

Sorry to hear Roman. Hang in there!

SOH-CM-2017
    Roman, man I just can't belive what you're going through. Makes me think of that Ray Charles song:

"Trying to tell you son if it wasn't for bad luck, now now
    Oh, oh, I wouldn't have no luck at all"

Hope you have fair winds for the rest of the journey.
    Jeff
    "Providence Permittin"

Hang in there, Roman. I know I've been there.

Just tell the Immigration people not to stamp those gremlins' passports so they won't make the next hop.:costum:
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Sounds like me and northern Europe. Hang in there, it gets better!
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Thank-Y'all for the encouragement -- Headin to Prague.... Again :salute:

Roman

Dear Ms. Munroe.... A Telegram awaits you.

Ms. Munroe, -STOP
    I am writing to you with good news. - STOP
    You donot need to send insurance inspectors, the coroner, or a cleanup crew to Prague. - STOP
    Whether or not I am allowed to continue in the race is in your hands. - STOP
    Upon landing I did not get a good authorization for the flight. - STOP
    It was a nice flight albeit with terrible winds and a smooth crosswind (10*) landing. - STOP
    Upon inspection of the flight log it was noticed that slew was somehow activated (requires CTRL-SHIFT-Y) for 0 seconds. - STOP
    It is unknown how this happened but it did. - STOP
    Awaiting reply on your decision. - STOP
    Regards, Roman - STOP
    - END OF MESSAGE

http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFli...JupvfUO7Cic21Y

Spokes, your issue has been placed in Miss Nellie's inbox. (she was out of the office at the time) I'll keep checking with her, but having been the victim of similar issues in past events, I don't really see a problem. However, there's always the chance that Miss Nellie will see something that I've missed.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Miss Nellie's reply: "That pilot needs to make sure he does not bump the slew command again during a flight. If so, he might be hit with a penalty. Hrrumph."

Roman,

Glad to see you on the continent! I hope all the gremlins got stuck at passport control! :ernae:
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Watch the Z key too Roman ... I had my legs strapped for that finger fumble during one of the hand fly segments.

No penalty, but Miss Nellie can give a look sometimes ... know what I mean ... whew, wouldn't want her mad with me.

Good luck mate!
    salt_air