Collision Bubble

Thread: Collision Bubble

Collision Bubble

Can anyone tell me where to find a good freeware utility that will reduce the collision bubble size I have not only in just my stock aircraft but in ALL the aircraft I have loaded in my aircraft folder.

Thanks

This utility will do it (+ more besides...)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=49&id=2243

You can use mdledit (attached) for stock aircraft.

...and for all others:

Find and open your CFS2.cfg with notepad. Scroll about halfway down to the [MULTIPLAYER] paragraph. Change COLLISION_SECS=2 to COLLISION_SECS=0 (I use -2 minus 2). Save and close the cfg file. Minus 2 sets the bubble at your wingtips. When you view the aircraft on your preview window in QC or Free Flight (Select Aircraft), the "bubble" is about the size of the plane you see there. Remember, it is a sphere, so vertically it is a big as it is horizontally.

Oops you beat me to it UncleTgt I never saw that one.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Hey SW, I think your cfg edit is the more "elegant" solution...:iidea:

Thanks so much guys! Got to get to work though will try it out when I get more time. 18 MORE DAYS TILL RETIREMENT!!!!! YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Hey SW, I think your cfg edit is the more "elegant" solution...:iidea:
    Here's a shot with 2 B-25Hs on deck. The distance 29m (90 ft) is center of mass to center of mass. We managed to taxi to within 19m without collision. The fix was initially for multiplayer, but works in singleplayer too!. The wingspan is about 66 ft or about 20m.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    This utility will do it (+ more besides...)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=49&id=2243
    I have a windows 7 system and every time I try to use the Mk_Mdl utility it to reduce the collision bubble size it says the "conversion failed" and I get this pop up.

The program or feature "\??\C:\Program Files (x86)\Mk_Mdl\MDL.exe." cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available.

Does anyone have a solution to this?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb737 View Post
    I have a windows 7 system and every time I try to use the Mk_Mdl utility it to reduce the collision bubble size it says the "conversion failed" and I get this pop up.

The program or feature "\??\C:\Program Files (x86)\Mk_Mdl\MDL.exe." cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available.

Does anyone have a solution to this?
    Thanks.
    32BIT OR 64?
    Hit hard, hit fast, hit where it hurts and keep hitting.

I have a 64 bit system. Would really like to use the Mk_Mdl utility but it just won't run on my system. All my other utilities run just fine. Wish I knew what was causing this.

I also get this pop up:

MISSING FILES: mdlc.exe

The MDLC program by Ivan Hsu was not found. In order to use this software you must have a
    copy of the MDLC files installed in the same directory as this mk_mdlc software.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb737 View Post
    I have a 64 bit system. Would really like to use the Mk_Mdl utility but it just won't run on my system. All my other utilities run just fine. Wish I knew what was causing this.

I also get this pop up:

MISSING FILES: mdlc.exe

The MDLC program by Ivan Hsu was not found. In order to use this software you must have a
    copy of the MDLC files installed in the same directory as this mk_mdlc software.
    That is the problem, i donīt know why it doesnīt work with 64bit, but may u make a partition in your hard disk to install a 32bitwin7 or 32bitXP! (i īd never tryed it)
    Hit hard, hit fast, hit where it hurts and keep hitting.

That is the problem, i donīt know why it doesnīt work with 64bit,...
    Wish I knew what was causing this.

Guys,

It's no big mystery going on here. The proggy just isn't designed for 64bit computing - case closed. Nothing can be done about it at the user level.

Back when Ivan put the proggy together, XP 32bit was still the dominant MS operating system for gaming and the only folks really using its 64bit version were hardcore geeks with no significant interest in CFS2. So a 64bit version of MDLC was superfluous. These days we have every man and his brother dabbling in 64bit computing (whether they understand its merits or not) and some 32bit programs like MDLC are now obsolete without an upgrade. And like many of the "old guard" developers, Ivan is fully retired from CFS2.

So, without a MDLC upgrade, Mission's suggestion to install a 32bit system on a new partition and dual boot is the ONLY solution possible for using this program. The 'DB' has been my modus operandi for years (i've been dual booting MS OS's since Win98 and Win2000 overlapped). I was inclined to jump in with the suggestion earlier, but you guys were having so much fun...;-)

Anyway, Google is your friend if you want to do this. Anything and everything you could ever want to know about it is available on the web. Just read up on the how-to and get it done. Complicated? Yes, a little...but there are benefits.

CheerZ!

************************************************** ***********************************************

Edit:

Just to correct the comment above of dual-booting being the ONLY solution here, its not. You could also install an XP 32bit virtual machine that runs within the shell of your 64bit system. But again, this will require some know-how as well.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    Guys,

It's no big mystery going on here. The proggy just isn't designed for 64bit computing - case closed. Nothing can be done about it at the user level.

Back when Ivan put the proggy together, XP 32bit was still the dominant MS operating system for gaming and the only folks really using its 64bit version were hardcore geeks with no significant interest in CFS2. So a 64bit version of MDLC was superfluous. These days we have every man and his brother dabbling in 64bit computing (whether they understand its merits or not) and some 32bit programs like MDLC are now obsolete without an upgrade. And like many of the "old guard" developers, Ivan is fully retired from CFS2.

So, without a MDLC upgrade, Mission's suggestion to install a 32bit system on a new partition and dual boot is the ONLY solution possible for using this program. The 'DB' has been my modus operandi for years (i've been dual booting MS OS's since Win98 and Win2000 overlapped). I was inclined to jump in with the suggestion earlier, but you guys were having so much fun...;-)

Anyway, Google is your friend if you want to do this. Anything and everything you could ever want to know about it is available on the web. Just read up on the how-to and get it done. Complicated? Yes, a little...but there are benefits.

CheerZ!
    Thank you bearcat for the info. I'm not that computer savy to try what mission suggested and risk messing my system up. I can live without it.:salute:

SOH-CM-2022
    If you are not up to creating a whole dual boot environment you can always install XP in a virtual environment.

I use Virtualbox from Oracle https://www.virtualbox.org/ and have a small XP environment just to run finicky programs like MDLC and ACM.
    One nice thing about this is that my XP session is set up to mount my Win 7 CFS2 directory so that I can drag and drop files between the 2.

Gavin