SSW F-104 S "Zipper" VERSION 3.2.0 "EASTER EGGS"
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SSW F-104 S "Zipper" VERSION 3.2.0 "EASTER EGGS"

SSW F-104 S "Zipper" VERSION 3.2.0 "EASTER EGGS"

SIM SKUNK WORKS IS PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THE PUBLISHING OF RELEASE 3.2.0
    OF THE AERITALIA-LOCKEED F-104S (aka "The Zipper")

Attachment 62584
    http://www.simskunkworks.102virtual.org

We consider this release a big step ahead over the previous 3.0.2, the external fuselage has been remade using 3D Studio with all most recent tecnologies, bumps, speculars, 3D lights, etc.
    Also all textures have been remade from scratch differentiating tone and aging.
    All systems have been reviewed and enhanced with particular attention to frame rate friendship and multiplayer environment.
    The result is a frame rate friend and in all aspect complete FSX model.

MODEL
    =====
    High detailed model, fully animated
    High detailed 3D cockpit, fully animated and working
    Frame rate friendly in single and multi palyer, it cames in two versions:
    - "SOLO" for single player use
    - "UBUNTU" optimized for multiplayer
    - Complete 3D-lights systems both internal and external, no flaws on low visibility

TEXTURES
    ========
    - Complete Italian liveries set in different tone and aging
    - Bump, speculars applied (SOLO model only)
    - Soon a complete paintkit will be available for painters

SYSTEMS
    ========
    - Almost all real system have been modelled and are working as the real thing is
    - Flight dynamics modeled 99% close to real airplane, fully tested and validated by qualified real F-104 pilots
    - Fully functional NASARR R-21G radar, A/G and A/A mode with:
    * MTI (Mouving target indication)
    * STT (Single track target)
    * LOCK-ON
    * ATTACK
    - Aerodynamic pitch up, inertia coupling and BLC system reproduced
    - Payload drop actually changes airplane weight and balance
    - Inertial navigator Litton LN-3 fully implemented
    - Dual timer bombing system
    - Special weapon delivery system
    - Conventional weapon system, rocket launch, AA missiles launch system

MULTIPLAYER
    ===========
    - Model is optimized for Multiplayer, it loads, drops/launch MK82/MK83/Rockets/Gun, launchs AIM9/AIM7, weapon drop/blast and missile launch are visible both in single and multiplayer mode with no or negligible FSX server clogging (tested and verified with up to 10 players and 25 weapon, bandwidth load remains below 80 KBytes)

OTHERS
    ======
    Model comes with complete docs:
    - Normal/emergency/weapons procedures pilot checklists
    - Real 300 pages aircraft manual patched to be fully used with the model
    - Other useful docs
    - High detailed sceneries of 2 Italian airbases (Rimini and Istrana)
    - Support forum account
    - All version 3.x upgrading and patches at no cost.
    - Full detailed paint kit available for painters (It will be published later)
    - GPL (restricted) licensed

NOTE: F-104 S is assured to work flawlessly in FSX - ACC PACK only, run on FSX SP1 or SP2 have been not tested.

SOLO/MULTIPLAYER CONSIDERATIONS (SOLO vs UBUNTU)
    ================================================
    - UBUNTU models are optimized for multiplayer environment, fuselage has less than 80000 triangles, no bumps nor specular maps still mantaining an excellent graphical quality, it does not require great rendering resources and is frame rate friendly.
    - UBUNTU models can be used with more than 10 players with no or little frame drop, above 20 players frame rate is still acceptable on high end machines.
    - SOLO models can be still used in multiplayer as well, however they do have more complex fuselage, bump and specular maps. We suggest to do not fly with more than 6 players with SOLO models.

Thanks Luce1 !

Heading to the site.....:salute:

Hank

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Hello Luce1,<o></o>
    <o></o>
    This is exciting news! I bought Version 3.0 or 3.1 before. Do I have to buy Version 3.2 or is there an upgrade for existing users? I could not find it on the site and, despite having logged in, I could not find something like ‘my account’ or so. By the way, I will definitely buy your F-104G and Harrier when they arrive, since I enjoy your Starfighter very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickshaker View Post
    Hello Luce1,<o></o>
    <o></o>
    This is exciting news! I bought Version 3.0 or 3.1 before. Do I have to buy Version 3.2 or is there an upgrade for existing users? I could not find it on the site and, despite having logged in, I could not find something like ‘my account’ or so. By the way, I will definitely buy your F-104G and Harrier when they arrive, since I enjoy your Starfighter very much.
    In the product description (under "OTHERS") it says: "All version 3.x upgrading and patches at no cost". IMHO that means if you paid for 3.0.2 or 3.1.0 you get 3.2.0 for free. I also paid for 3.0.2 and ordered 3.2.0 yesterday. Some kind of dummy P.O. was created on my account for €0.01 and a few hours later I got the download link. I made my 1st flight this morning, no problems, very happy with the new toy.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, hschuit, going to give it a try.

Or, you could just head on over to their forums, links to the new aircraft and weapons pack are posted over there (in the F-104S thread).
    Simply download the package from the forum, and while doing you could start getting prepared to put in the new by deleting your old installation (if you have any of the previous versions installed...but dont remove the license files tho).

After that, you simply reinstall, load up FSX and fly

Note: this only applies if your previous version was/is installed and activated. The license carries over, no problem

Quote Originally Posted by Stickshaker View Post
    Hello Luce1,<o></o>
    <o></o>
    Hi StickShaker,
    has told before your activation key is till valid and will remain for all major versions (aka all 3.x.y).
    When you receive the activation key you did receive also your account data on our support forum where you can find all links to download new versions and all add-on, such as Flight Manual, airbase sceneries etc.
    So try to register or visit our site and contact me in PM. i will send you our forum support account data.
    cheers
    /SSW

I had the older one registered and activated on a previous FSX install. I have since then formatted my OS drive and reinstalled FSX on a different SSD. Will I need to donate yet another time ?

Best
    DagR

Hi dag , for the activation if u have reinstalled on a SSD the key will be different. So install the bird , go to main directory of FSX and send the file sswks.Yournamepc.AERITALIA-LOCKHEED-F104S.ssw to

simskunkwork for the activation. You will receive back the reg key to unlock the bird and no, you don't have to pay again if you have buyed the previous version.

Have a happy easter

Quote Originally Posted by andrea6811 View Post
    Hi dag , for the activation if u have reinstalled on a SSD the key will be different. So install the bird , go to main directory of FSX and send the file sswks.Yournamepc.AERITALIA-LOCKHEED-F104S.ssw to

simskunkwork for the activation. You will receive back the reg key to unlock the bird and no, you don't have to pay again if you have buyed the previous version.

Have a happy easter
    To be more precise Dag: run at least once the zipper to be sure to have the last .ssw file.
    and send it to staff@102virtual.org
    cheers
    /Mario

Thanks to both of you, will do tomorrow when I get home, thanks again ;-)

Best
    DagR

Absolutely an awesome model of the F-104! Great VC and systems, exterior and all with great FPS performance. I highly recommend the model for anyone looking for a good Starfighter for FSX.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    It all works! Thanks for your advice. Luce1 and team: my sincere compliments, this version looks even better than the previous one. And is seems to fly better too, more subtle, although that may be my imagination…

Two hour ago I purchased a model and have not received my registration key!

Any idea?

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Two hour ago I purchased a model and have not received my registration key!

Any idea?

Zsolt
    Hi Zsolt,
    yes, i have the exact idea, you did not read the mail and/or you did not visit the link we gave you in the order confirmation mail, and other PM we sent you after.
    By the way:
    http://www.simskunkworks.102virtual....ctivate-models (need to be registered, registration is free)
    All should be clearly explained on above link.
    The matter is simple:
    - since activation key is constructed based on your system informations we do need them.
    - at this end the first run of our models construct a registration file (extension .ssw) into FSX main folder
    - send us that file and key will be your
    no reg file no key.
    hope this helps.
    /SSW
    BTW:
    so far our users received the key within few hours, in some cases few minutes, pending when they sent their reg file.

Unfortunately, I did not get my registration key!

:-(
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Mr. Zsolt,
    Did you sent them the .ssw file generated by your FSX? If not, that´s the issue. The process is very simple. Install it first and start your FSX and load a flight with the zipper. After that, shutdown fsx, go to your FSX install folder and look for the .ssw file. It will be there. Send it to their email with your order number and they will send back to you a file to unlock your plane. After that, your plane will work perfectly ... and it´s a beautiful plane! Hope that helps! :salute:
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Hello,

This file is?

sswks.ZSOLT.AERITALIA-LOCKHEED-F104S.ssw

Regards,

Zsolt

Affirmative, Zsolt!
    Send it to the e-mail address indicated in the SSW site, and in few hours you'll get your working .reg file that will enable your copy of the Zipper!
    Cheers

Ahhh....

A bit difficult to grasp, but I thank you!

Regards,
    Zsolt

At first congratulations to your Zipper. I´m a longtime customer, but now I have a serious problem.

From the beginning I was not able to register to your support forum, otherwise it was no problem to register to your homepage and to make a donnation. I´ve sent you some e-mails, PMs over the time, without success or response. Until yet it was just a kind of annoying.

With the current version, I have a problem with the canopy glass depiction. On some models it is not visible when using the outside views, other models have the glass overlayed with stencils ect on the VC view. The other problem is the system initialization when using the Zipper.

I know there´s a patch available, but only in the support forum ...

Perhaps we can use this way to get in contact and I would be more than glad to receive a message from you.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by findus View Post
    At first congratulations to your Zipper. I´m a longtime customer, but now I have a serious problem.

From the beginning I was not able to register to your support forum, otherwise it was no problem to register to your homepage and to make a donnation. I´ve sent you some e-mails, PMs over the time, without success or response. Until yet it was just a kind of annoying.

With the current version, I have a problem with the canopy glass depiction. On some models it is not visible when using the outside views, other models have the glass overlayed with stencils ect on the VC view. The other problem is the system initialization when using the Zipper.

I know there´s a patch available, but only in the support forum ...

Perhaps we can use this way to get in contact and I would be more than glad to receive a message from you.

Peter
    Hi findus,
    most of the problem with support forum registration came from users using different name that has been provided with activation key.
    User name we provide are reserved, forum reject and delete any other different attempt.
    My inbox on PM is actually clean, never received such mails.
    My inbox on SSW mail staff@102virtual.org is clean too, normally i answer to mails within minutes, never received such requests.
    So something has to gone wrong with you.
    Not knowing your mail address i can't say how and why your request has not been processed, as last resort, please visit:
    http://simskunkworks.102virtual.org using Contact us... page.
    Once we have managed to solve the problem will be kind to leave something on this forum to reduce the complain...
    cheers
    /SSW

Quote Originally Posted by LUCE1 View Post
    Hi findus,
    most of the problem with support forum registration came from users using different name that has been provided with activation key.
    User name we provide are reserved, forum reject and delete any other different attempt.
    My inbox on PM is actually clean, never received such mails.
    My inbox on SSW mail staff@102virtual.org is clean too, normally i answer to mails within minutes, never received such requests.
    So something has to gone wrong with you.
    Not knowing your mail address i can't say how and why your request has not been processed, as last resort, please visit:
    http://simskunkworks.102virtual.org using Contact us... page.
    Once we have managed to solve the problem will be kind to leave something on this forum to reduce the complain...
    cheers
    /SSW
    I´ve just sent you the PM from 10.04.2012 again.

Simply I love it!

Thank you!

:ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by findus View Post
    I´ve just sent you the PM from 10.04.2012 again.
    Hi findus,
    i'm puzzled since your account in SSW support forum is active since:
    Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:24 am
    and you lats log was on:
    Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:20 am
    cheers
    /SSW