SIM SKUNK WORKS IS PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THE PUBLISHING OF RELEASE 3.2.0We consider this release a big step ahead over the previous 3.0.2, the external fuselage has been remade using 3D Studio with all most recent tecnologies, bumps, speculars, 3D lights, etc.
OF THE AERITALIA-LOCKEED F-104S (aka "The Zipper")
Also all textures have been remade from scratch differentiating tone and aging.
All systems have been reviewed and enhanced with particular attention to frame rate friendship and multiplayer environment.
The result is a frame rate friend and in all aspect complete FSX model.
High detailed model, fully animated
High detailed 3D cockpit, fully animated and working
Frame rate friendly in single and multi palyer, it cames in two versions:
- "SOLO" for single player use
- "UBUNTU" optimized for multiplayer
- Complete 3D-lights systems both internal and external, no flaws on low visibility
- Complete Italian liveries set in different tone and aging
- Bump, speculars applied (SOLO model only)
- Soon a complete paintkit will be available for painters
- Almost all real system have been modelled and are working as the real thing is
- Flight dynamics modeled 99% close to real airplane, fully tested and validated by qualified real F-104 pilots
- Fully functional NASARR R-21G radar, A/G and A/A mode with:
* MTI (Mouving target indication)
* STT (Single track target)
- Aerodynamic pitch up, inertia coupling and BLC system reproduced
- Payload drop actually changes airplane weight and balance
- Inertial navigator Litton LN-3 fully implemented
- Dual timer bombing system
- Special weapon delivery system
- Conventional weapon system, rocket launch, AA missiles launch system
- Model is optimized for Multiplayer, it loads, drops/launch MK82/MK83/Rockets/Gun, launchs AIM9/AIM7, weapon drop/blast and missile launch are visible both in single and multiplayer mode with no or negligible FSX server clogging (tested and verified with up to 10 players and 25 weapon, bandwidth load remains below 80 KBytes)
Model comes with complete docs:
- Normal/emergency/weapons procedures pilot checklists
- Real 300 pages aircraft manual patched to be fully used with the model
- Other useful docs
- High detailed sceneries of 2 Italian airbases (Rimini and Istrana)
- Support forum account
- All version 3.x upgrading and patches at no cost.
- Full detailed paint kit available for painters (It will be published later)
- GPL (restricted) licensed
NOTE: F-104 S is assured to work flawlessly in FSX - ACC PACK only, run on FSX SP1 or SP2 have been not tested.
SOLO/MULTIPLAYER CONSIDERATIONS (SOLO vs UBUNTU)
- UBUNTU models are optimized for multiplayer environment, fuselage has less than 80000 triangles, no bumps nor specular maps still mantaining an excellent graphical quality, it does not require great rendering resources and is frame rate friendly.
- UBUNTU models can be used with more than 10 players with no or little frame drop, above 20 players frame rate is still acceptable on high end machines.
- SOLO models can be still used in multiplayer as well, however they do have more complex fuselage, bump and specular maps. We suggest to do not fly with more than 6 players with SOLO models.