Thread: RAZBAM EA-6B Prowler fan blade texture

RAZBAM EA-6B Prowler fan blade texture

Available on Avsim now....

search for:

razbam_ea-6b_fanblade_v1.0.zip

This replacement intake fan blade texture is for those of us who spend a lot of time viewing the aircraft in "fly-by" view.....

This replacement intake fan blade texture addresses the wobble that is present in the original texture. I made this replacement fan blade texture MUCH more subdued than the original; I have also added some shadowing to the intake to further downplay the visual role of the fan blades. Nothing is perfect in FSX though, as when you fly directly toward the sun, the shadowing to the intake that I added doesn't look so hot. Overall though, I think it's a good all around compromise.

Tommy

(Photo above)
    The left side shows the blades when the engine is off; right side shows the blades when the engine is running. It's very subtle....
    Also, I had to deal with the "prop animation" which I don't have any control over.

FSX Acceleration
    WIN XP SP3, 4 Gigs RAM
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    EVGA GTX 285 (1GB 512-bit DDR3)
    WD Black 1 TB

Thanks, Tommy.
    Picked up your fix, haven't had time to install it, yet, but it is very much appreciated.

Don
    Don H

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5, AMD FX 8350 Black 8 core unlocked at 4.0GHz, Corsair Vengeance 16GBDDR3 1866/15000, Gigabyte GeForce GTX770GV-H770 OC 4GB DDR5, Thermaltake M850W SMART Series PCU, Corsair H100i CC Watercooler, CoolMaster HAF922 case, Pioneer BR/DVD/CD burner with 3D read, Intel 520 180GB SSD (C:/) Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (FSX & P3D v1), Toshiba 256GB SSD (P3Dv2), 11TB of storage on 7 internal/external HDDs, Win7 Professional 64bit

Hi Don,

Tell me how it works out for you when and if you get around to installing it; just want to make sure it's working as it should on other computers.

Tommy
    FSX Acceleration
    WIN XP SP3, 4 Gigs RAM
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    WD Black 1 TB

Hi all,

I found some better pictures of the engine fan blade hub on the internet and adjusted my previously released fan blade texture; I increased the diameter of the fan blade hub (the original was too small) and tweaked the color of the hub too. Real minor stuff, but I like it much better.

Tommy

Available on Avsim now....

search for:

razbam_ea-6b_fanblade_v1.1.zip

FSX Acceleration
    WIN XP SP3, 4 Gigs RAM
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    WD Black 1 TB