Navy repaints for the Goshawk.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Navy repaints for the Goshawk.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Navy repaints for the Goshawk.

Found these fictional Navy repaints for the freeware DSB/Iris T-45 Goshawk at Avsim.com yesterday; by Hartwig Ullrich. Very nice!

Some screenshots included in the zip files:

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

And a few more, based on post-WW2 paintschemes:

And one last, for the British Navy:

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

BTW You can find the Hawk pack (T.1, 50, 60, 200, LIFT & Goshawk models) here: http://www.irissimulations.com/produ...ssics-hawk.php

I had to come right over from AVSIM and make a comment on these paints. They are abso-freakin-lutely gorgeous!!! After Milton's recent help with the "underground wheels" problem I've been flying her alot and these schemes will put her in the air even more often. Hartwig Ullrich's work is OUTSTANDING!!!

LA

darn it Hartwig! *suspiciously eyeing the forums* which one of yous leaked my plans to do some 'Retro Bird' type paints?

great paints, going straight in my install.....

...And why don't we have real planes painted up like this anymore?:isadizzy:
    That one in Marine grey livery reminds me of an OA-4M Skyhawk model I used to play with as a kid.:cost1:
    Y'know what'd look good on the Goshawk? Vietnam-era VF-84 markings (as seen on the F-4B's operating off the Independence)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    darn it Hartwig! *suspiciously eyeing the forums* which one of yous leaked my plans to do some 'Retro Bird' type paints?

great paints, going straight in my install.....
    Excellent repaints.. and btw, Matt... if you finish up yours, I'll wrap my "Hawks" up in them as well. Man... IRIS wasn't kidding about "Hawk Superpack"... I just ran the .exe to a temp folder. 14 different versions of the Hawk, including the Goshawk. Each folder has multiple models and repaints :isadizzy:. That's alot of Hawks.

I remember years ago, just being able to download one or two variants at a time that were released as freeware under the DSB title.

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    I remember years ago, just being able to download one or two variants at a time that were released as freeware under the DSB title.

i remember that, my first Purchase way back when was the 'DSB Hawk T.mk 1' pack.... closely followed by the 100 series, 200 series and Goshawk

IRIS/DSB HAWKS AND GOSHAWK

These models have certainly stood the test of time. Milton's wheel fix for the Goshawk and Hartwig's magnificent re-paints have shown yet again that if the base model is sound then it will always provide great satisfaction from future mods/tweaks and professional standard re-paints.

Anyone interested in fixing the non-rotating nosewheel on the Hawk 200?

Thanks for the outstanding re-paints Hartwig.

Here's how I got my Hawks:

$49 Australian dollars at the time IIRC, and it had all the Hawk packs, the F-20 and the F-5 with expansion packs on it but because a few CD's got lost somewhere in the Oz post office David sent out new ones that also had the 'UK fighters' Buccaneer and Phantoms on it.

Well, still plenty of other fictional Navy possibilities for repaints...

http://www.air-and-space.com/2003082...axiing%20l.jpg

Or

Nudge nudge, wink wink!

you guys know me too well! who tipped you off i like Dayglo on aircraft? just got back from a 3.75mi run (with a mid 1.5mi, 100ft in gain ran in 9mins) and now i'm at a spring to my paint shed! this'll get me back fighting fit in no time!

daaaang Ferry... i remember that CD!

EDIT: anyone want me to improve the look of the VC like i did in the T.1 while i'm at it?

EDIT: anyone want me to improve the look of the VC like i did in the T.1 while i'm at it?
    That would be great Matt! Is the T.1 update available somewhere btw?

That'd work for me too Matt. I wonder if IRIS jazzed up the Hawk just a little before releasing the Super Pack as a freebie... The textures seem a little cleaner, the front wheel has an accurate suspension animation and the sounds seem a little better than the original. Just an observation, it's been a while since I have flown the Goshawk anyhow so maybe these things were already there and I just have a faster PC to run it on.

well i just found ALL the prototype hawk textures i did... so yeah will get it uploaded tonight (Currently making paintkit for T-45C)... just for a sneak peek at my masters to the T.1, just so you get a vague feel for how T-45C would look....

[QUOTE=Matt Wynn;700960]you guys know me too well! who tipped you off i like Dayglo on aircraft?

EDIT: anyone want me to improve the look of the VC like i did in the T.1 while i'm at it?[/QUOTE]

Now that's one of the dumbest questions I've ever heard!!

Count me in with a big YES!!

Looking forward to your paints, Matt. Thanks

Don
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

all right you lot, here's a first glance of the T-45 in my paint shed, working the externals..... still a shed-load to do but making progress

Looks pretty good so far... you'll have to keep us up to date on your wizardry with this little beauty. :salute:

:ernae: -- BB686:USA-flag:

right naptime for me.... been up since 2300 last night working on things, here's how she stands as of this minute... still a fair bit to do, but it's shaping up....

I like where that is going Matt!

well i just got up after a somewhat disturbed nights sleep, and am already tweaking the VC textures prior to finishing the Externals....

ok that's the VC done apart from seat tweaks:

ok she's just had her first test flight..... just gotta sort the hook mount, and i think that'll do it....

ok just uploaded to here and Flightsim.com :salute: now the wait....

Matt, I love the fictional "Koninklijke Marine" scheme. The Naval Aviation Service from the Dutch Navy does only exist in name. The last helicopters (Westland Lynx) were transferred to the "Defence Helicopter Command and are currently being replaced by the Eurocopter NH-90 (20). The Search and Rescue Service which is currently part of the Air Force will move to the same squadron.

50 years ago the Dutch Navy still had nearly 200 aircraft, among which 15 helicopters and 22 jet fighters. It is all very understandable from political financial and even strategic point of view, but I definitely miss the aircraft from the Naval Air Airfield Valkenburg.

Cheers,
    Huub