New P-51H from A2A!

Thread: New P-51H from A2A!

Hybrid View

Charter Member 2012

New P-51H from A2A!

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/view...p?f=82&t=28870

They may add an Accusim package to this somewhere down the road...

I'm looking forward to watching this project develop! Those are some great people that are part of the restoration of Louisiana Heatwave - I've gotten some tremendous assistance from a couple of them in the past on my own projects.

Yesterday I donated my collection of roughly 3,000 original P-51H factory engineering drawings to A2A for the cause, so hopefully they'll be able to be put to good use.

now we need an F-82!

Excellent news! I'll finally get my favorite Mustang in FSX.

The P-51H, along with the test designs such as the XP-51F, XP-51G, and XP-51J, have sometimes been referred to as the "plastic Mustangs". This is due to the fact that phenolic resin (one of the plastics of the day) was used, quite a bit, in lieu of metal for several parts, or to line the surfaces of lighter-constructed metal parts, in an effort to cut the weight down as much as possible. The results and testing from the XP-51F and XP-51G designs led straight into the development of the production model P-51H, while the XP-51J was a further test development after the P-51H design had already been secured.

For those curious, there are currently two airworthy P-51H's in the world, and both are actually quite actively flown, and there are three P-51H's under restoration to fly. There is also an XP-51G under restoration to airworthy condition as well.

Hopefully the A2A P-51H will have the proper laminar airflow wing design by the time it is completed.

Awesome image, John, thanks for posting it!

Cheers,
    Mark

Members who have read this thread: 0