The Christchurch Rebuild
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Christchurch Rebuild

The Christchurch Rebuild

The Great Christchurch Rebuild , A freeware built on a photo of Christchurch City previous to Earthquakes that hit my City 18 months back ,
    and now we a rebuilding the area with accurately placed autogen that you could use it as a road map . WIP
    Topic link here at NZFF - http://nzff.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=15983&st=0

THE TEAM .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..............
    Doug Cunniffe - Photo editing and Mister AGN gable roof top fixer - The screen shot Competition man .. big hand for this man
    Mike Allen-Andrews - ,'Creator' photo origin and placement and edit .........http://www.fs-creations.org/ ... adds to the rest of the South Island - Blimey
    Gavin Andrews -, 'Kahu' Wigram build and bringing it back to life Ohakea , Whenuapai to his credit
    Robin Corn - , Christchurch City Center , pre Earthquake ................. RealNZ .. www.windowlight.co.nz .. Photoreal NZ to the Max
    Ian Warren - , AGNing and editing the area and general trouble maker

All updates will follow thru this link below keeping you all informed on the rebuild .

or the people who have the Christchurch/Canterbury photo scenery This covers the area and still a WIP
    Complete file covering the photo currently supplied on http://fs-snowman.com/ ... http://fs-snowman.com/index.php?ind=downlo...ew&iden=321
    Also includes Doug's roof texture fix . Those very small files put into the Scenery folder .
    The other files , AGNs simply drop them into your Christchurch FSX texture folder .

All AGN updates will be posted here as the city gradually rebuilds . Many districts and regional farms including the small towns still require work .

For those who fly in regular , the airports are open , Wigram is to be kept open to keep with the photo and off course the photo is pre earthquake , it will be a little silly to try and rebuild AGNs and a town that is no more until work and construction shows any sign , Rob has his hands on models that will rebuild CHCH again pre EQ . We will see how that will fit in .

The file works fine with both VLC and ORBX NZSI .. recommend ORBX NZSI due to the static photo texture .

A snippet in around the Memorial Avenue heading towards the city , maybe a edit for the Ave defining it better , course move into the city center with a pre
    Earthquake build ... course looking at a Lyttleton Harbour rebuild ... so best keep tune in for updates . Its a Snazzy project ! Christchurch Rebuild !
    BEEP BEEP

Very impressive Ian, now that is the way to build scenery. Anxious to see more updates of your progress. Thanks for posting.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Thanks Stovall , as we put it together it will be based around the city of old simply due to huge areas bulldozed , very fitting to build a retro city as its going to many many years before it shows any sign of a rebuilt city .

Looking very good!

Does this relate to any further development of Christchurch airport proper?
    We've had either the default or variations maintaining many of the default buildings for years now. It would be great to see a new major airport out of this!

Sean , is going have a new airport to match the real new Airport , obviously going to take a little time since still in finishing stages , but existing features such as the US Navy / USAF base and surrounds are getting worked on currently .

Looks very good Ian. Will this be able to sit neatly on top of Orbx NZSI ?

Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    Looks very good Ian. Will this be able to sit neatly on top of Orbx NZSI ?
    From Ian's first post,

Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    The file works fine with both VLC and ORBX NZSI .. recommend ORBX NZSI due to the static photo texture.

Quite impressive!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Good luck with this rebuild, I know your work from years past and know that you and your mates will do an excellent job. Best of the best Ian, and glad you made it through the last shaking, Don
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Need to ask this question. Will it blend with the ORBX NZSI?

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by dharris View Post
    Good luck with this rebuild, I know your work from years past and know that you and your mates will do an excellent job. Best of the best Ian, and glad you made it through the last shaking, Don
    Thanks Don , had a little 4.0 shake this morning .. same size as Will Smith woke up to in Independence Day

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Need to ask this question. Will it blend with the ORBX NZSI?
    Yes indeed it blends in very well , the photo is to be update little extra later , the big job is repairing the AGNs .... there will be a further update this weekend , like you Aussieman , we are already in the 31st of March

Nice indeed! My gal and I were there just a couple of weeks ago. Pleased to see especially the amount of general aviation.

Cheers: Tom

It's good to see someone else spending the time (lots of it) placing accurate autogen. There are so many free and pay photo sceneries that might look pretty, but they're just a picture draped over mesh. Without something representing the buildings, photo scenery looks flat. Nice job. It's looking very sharp.

Wish I'd had that to figure out how to get through the first two traffic circles! It is quite accurate, amazingly so.

T

Not an April the 1st Joke but another update http://nzff.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=...=0#entry8306616

A few screens showing the blend with ORBX NZSI and the recent autogen updates

Climbing into the port hill , Cashmere and Westmoreland districts

Moving into Hillmorton and Hoonhay .

You may be able to see the township , an agricutral university called Lincoln in the distance , that is ORBX NZSI , a very smooth blend so far .

Quote Originally Posted by kjb View Post
    It's good to see someone else spending the time (lots of it) placing accurate autogen. There are so many free and pay photo sceneries that might look pretty, but they're just a picture draped over mesh. Without something representing the buildings, photo scenery looks flat. Nice job. It's looking very sharp.
    Be looking forward to see some off your scenery's

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    Wish I'd had that to figure out how to get through the first two traffic circles! It is quite accurate, amazingly so.

T
    Thanks Tom , let me no which areas you stayed in and i'll get that clean up for you , give you the real feel off returning to the city

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Great work Ian. This will certainly be on my to get list when it is available.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Great work Ian. This will certainly be on my to get list when it is available.
    The scenery already is available , first posting has link directly to download an original photo and the latest update posting a link on page two .

1 - http://fs-snowman.com/index.php?ind=downlo...ew&iden=321

Though we travelled over a lot of South Island, I really liked the penensula and the area around Akaroa.

Great country and people!

T

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Be looking forward to see some off your scenery's
    Here are a few screen shots of the current WIP that covers 4800 square miles.

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    Though we travelled over a lot of South Island, I really liked the penensula and the area around Akaroa.

Great country and people!

T
    Pity this I did not post this earlier , we could have had a stop and a chat and a dinner , Akaroa is another little town that requires a little TLC unfortunately not in the photo yet , heading through to that spot is Little River , a little town and from the hills above a brother who hang glides from there .

Quote Originally Posted by kjb View Post
    Here are a few screen shots of the current WIP that covers 4800 square miles.
    Looking good , I have an area which was AGN years ago , Davis Monthan AF base and city .. no record off who did the autogen still looking :mixedsmi: for that chap

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Looking good , I have an area which was AGN years ago , Davis Monthan AF base and city .. no record off who did the autogen still looking :mixedsmi: for that chap
    I did a version of DM as part of the Tucson/Pima County scenery a few years ago. My office was just east of the base...a great place to watch the air show without fighting the crowds The scenery covers about 70 miles x 90 miles at the widest parts.

This is how my DM looks. The base photo was done at 2m with the airports at 1m.