OFFICIAL: A2A Simulations Accu-Feel & Iris Simulations F-15E

Thread: OFFICIAL: A2A Simulations Accu-Feel & Iris Simulations F-15E

OFFICIAL: A2A Simulations Accu-Feel & Iris Simulations F-15E

Official video for the cooperation of A2A Simulations and Iris Simulations regarding the new Accu-Feel addon.

<object width="560" height="315">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZSx2eK62n2Y?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></object>

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Ah... as a customer and FS fan, I love to see two organizations work together to make a better product.
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by crashaz View Post
    Ah... as a customer and FS fan, I love to see two organizations work together to make a better product.

Haha! As a Developer, we love seeing what Accu-Feel can do to our planes! Great work to Scott & his team on an awesome product, and of course a huge shout-out & thanks to Cody for a brilliant videao.

Well done to all involved.

OK, I'll be the first one to say I don't see the difference that Accu-feel brought to the video. It's a good video of the Mudhen, but I don't see the various enhancements that the Accu-feel would bring to this release. I don't hear the creaking and movements on the runway like I thought I would. Now, admittedly I don't own the Iris Mudhen, so maybe their interior is much quieter then the Milviz variant. Perhaps editing out the music a bit or more captioning, like the airbrake, that got my attention.

Anyway, for the record Cody, you make great videos and love every one of them. This one just didn't bring it out as I thought it might, but then again, my hearing sucks. Too many IEDs and rifle rounds have taken it's toll. I may even be the anomaly that didn't hear it, but am suprised at over 100 hits and really only one comment, not counting Karens. Please don't construe my reply as a bashing, just missing something and hoping it'll just come down to having to buy a hearing aid.

Matt

Here's a video illustrating what I mean versus showing you my Milviz cockpit video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnqKV...ature=youtu.be
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Charter Member 2011
    have to admit, a "before" and "after" might have been better for those of us who have no idea what the f15 sounded like before hand
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Great vid Cody, one thing I think guys might forget regarding sound is real world you are wearing a custom fit helmet, so many of the cockpit sounds are not going to be as noticeable that otherwise might come out on external mic used in the camera. One thing I have read about flying the Mud Hen is how much the wing "talks" to the pilot. Mice dancing on the wings you are ok, when that develops into elephants, one needs to stop pulling on the stick. Since FS can't do anything with that "seat of the pants feel", sound becomes a major player, does Accu-Feel do this?
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Matt, never use a youtube (or any video) to determine what an aircraft sounds like. The sound on 99.9% of these videos is captured through minuscule microphones with auto-leveling, which raises the volume on any constant sound. These modern jets with external intakes have quiet cockpits even with the helmet off (you can hear your voice with the canopy closed). Regarding that brief cockpit clip you showed, most of what you are hearing is from the fuselage wind. That little faint whine you hear in the background, is the engine. On the takeoff roll, for example, the sound level in the cockpit only rises slightly going from idle to full afterburners. So from the cockpit, you hear only whine and not the jet engine exhaust (you can hear the afterburners slightly sometimes).

Victory103, we have stall buffet dynamics in Accu-Feel, but we are working on something quite new atm. The USAF has been providing A2A with requested maneuvers using their built-in cameras (high-g, stalls, etc). We have analyzed these and are now reproducing this behavior in early testing, within FSX. The nice thing is, it works authentically and is not faked. We have not yet tossed this to our beta team so we’re not sure of an ETA, but I can tell you from what I am seeing now on my PC within FSX, it’s something special.

BTW, thanks for the critiques on the IRIS / Accu-Feel video. We just added some youtube notations, which I hope helps to show what Accu-Feel is doing.

Scott.

I was flying the T-38 last night. With an aircraft like the Talon where you taxi in with the canopy open it is great to hear it go from moderate background noise to that jet whine when the Canopy comes up. Very nice

It doesn't really matter what the subject is, although I'm sure Accu-Feel is great, I just like watching your videos. They're way cool.

Accu-feel brought all of my FSX airplanes to "life". I've been talking and asking within my FS developing team about how we could achieve this on our products and it was viable, yet, you'd have to do it for each single model one by one whereas Accu-feel does it for all and it's hard coded within FSX. I would only revise the braking sounds when on the ground for large aircraft/airliners because in real life they are more like a rumble rather than squeaking murmurs. Nevertheless, it's a growing, developing product and that's brilliant! Kudos to A2A and not to forget IRIS for the amazing F-15.

Jose Valdez.

PS The video is superb as well mate, you're a true artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade124 View Post
    Matt, never use a youtube (or any video) to determine what an aircraft sounds like. The sound on 99.9% of these videos is captured through minuscule microphones with auto-leveling, which raises the volume on any constant sound. These modern jets with external intakes have quiet cockpits even with the helmet off (you can hear your voice with the canopy closed). Regarding that brief cockpit clip you showed, most of what you are hearing is from the fuselage wind. That little faint whine you hear in the background, is the engine. On the takeoff roll, for example, the sound level in the cockpit only rises slightly going from idle to full afterburners. So from the cockpit, you hear only whine and not the jet engine exhaust (you can hear the afterburners slightly sometimes).

BTW, thanks for the critiques on the IRIS / Accu-Feel video. We just added some youtube notations, which I hope helps to show what Accu-Feel is doing.

Scott.
    Scott, thank you for the clarification and updated video. As someone that's always ridden in the back of the cargo haulers, much is lost on me, sans the creaking, whirring and whining of various doors, flaps and hydraulics. It does make sense regarding the sound immersion and I greatly appreciate what you, your team and Cody have done to enhance our sense of being there. Looking forward to the updated you mention as well.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

OK, I just got AccuFeel, and I'm feelin' it.

I agree: Accu Feel adds a new dimension to all my planes, from Cessna to F-15. And it does everthing by itself.
    And great video too.

The one thing I like about Accu-Feel is it gives a few tricks that Accu-Sim has been doing a while, plus a little more... but it is global, and effortlessly installed. It doesn't hassle with my .cfg files, there is no code searching, etc. It's simple, straight forward and easy to use. Simply put, it's breathing life into my addons that I haven't flown in some time.