Payware VIRTAVIA - F-111 AARDVARK FSX released - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Payware VIRTAVIA - F-111 AARDVARK FSX released

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    The weapons aren't releasable for bombing purposes, however, the capability to jetison the ordnance is there, and they will dissapear from the model.

If you want to bomb something, and you have another model that came with dropable ordnance, this works with the FSX command "Release Dropable Objects":

1. Load a flight where you want to do some bombing.
    2. Save the flight.
    3. Look in your My Documents/Flight Simulator X Files folder for the .flt file you saved (whatever you named it).
    4. Open the file in notepad and scroll to the bottom of the file.
    5. Paste the follwing content in:

[DroppableObjects.0]
    ObjectSet.0=M82-MLVZ, 8

6. Click on Save.
    7. Reload the saved flight.

NOTE: where you see "ObjectSet.0=M82-MLVZ, 8" you need to put in the name of whatever bomb you have after the "=" sign. I just happen to be using the Milviz M-82. The "8" you see after the comma, is the number of bombs you want to carry. You can put 40 in there if you want.
    Thanks for the clarification on the weapons...

BTW i kinda know how to add weapons to a flight as i was the one who created the weapons pack for FSX

I still feels its a missed opotunity to either basically drop weapons (IE using a svaed flight and hiding the weapon on the model) or using the simconnect/tackpack meathod... Would create a better sense of the aircraft being a bomber.

I bought it and I like it. I do however agree, that a little more shine, like on the VRS Superbug or Iris F-15E would not hurt.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

I will be waiting for F111FSX.com to come out far much better

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmechanic View Post
    I will be waiting for F111FSX.com to come out far much better

seems this site is not available anylonger. is this the correct web info?

MONITE.....your screenies have sold it for me. I will be getting this one Friday as I know the frame rates are good and I know I can work with the texturing. I could care less about bump mapping myself as fast jets don't have the kind of bumbs that they represent.

Also....seems to me that this airframe is very smooth in real life....

OPPS!!!!! wrong F111.......on well....love F1 too...

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Excellent idea. Is it time for someone from Virtavia to chime in yet? :salute:

I just updated to the v1.1 release version. Loaded up a clean version of the FB-111A and looked out the window. I see shadows on the ground but no wing tips. It was discussed during development that at least the clean wing versions of each type would have would have the wings visible from the VC. Personally I don't get the requirement. When I fly I'm in the cockpit of this aircraft and flying it for the mission it was designed for I'm looking at the world in front of me. But I asked about it anyway and the reply was, "I trialed it and I could not see them, even at fully forward, unless I slewed to the side so far that the viewpoint cut through the canopy glass."
    Hi Frank, fellow Guiness drinker and left coaster, lol.

I was going to stay out of this thread, but this is an issue that's kind of on my hot list. You can see the wings from the cockpit IRL, as I've sat in these things before, and the photo will attest to. I see wing shadows on the ground with this model, but no wings either. When the sun is directly overhead, that means you should be seeing wings. If the Virtavia crewmember who made the decision to leave out the wings isn't using TrackIR, well, there's why he thinks you can't see the wings. It's kind of like the door maker who is only four feet tall, who has decided to make doorways that are only 4' 6" tall, because any higher doesn't make sense...to him anyway. Real pilots are constantly looking all around them, not just straight ahead. The pilot term for that is "clearing", and that's part of the "cross checking" concept of inside-outside-inside-outside. Even airline guys are looking all around them. For those who wonder if it's possible to look around you because of being cinched in tight to the seat, well, no one keeps the intertial real locked (even fighter pilots, but they lock it before doing any BFM/ACM). My plane has a five point harness system..two shoulder harness's, a lap restraint, and a crotch belt that comes from under the seat...and while it does have an inertial reel lock, I never lock it because it does inhibit movement. The inertial reel will keep me down in the event of a sudden wake upset or dynamic decelleration. It works like the one in cars, but better.

So the moral of the story is we should be able to see wings, and you should be looking around and behind you, as a matter of good piloting.

I'll pass the photo along.

I like to fly with a lot of MAIW AI around me (even in FSX) so I do look around all the time. Depends on the mission I guess.
    :ernae:

Just FYI, that is not the old Alphasim F-111 nor the new Virtavia version in those shots.
    The scenery does look like a nice place to fly to/from though.

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    <CENTER style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0)">FS2004/FSX Scenery--RAAF Base East Sale
    </CENTER><CENTER style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0)">[ Download | View ]</CENTER>
    [B]Name: raafbaseeastsale_ymes.zip [B]Size: 13,672,050 [B]Date: 03-18-2011 [B]Downloads: 773
    [SIZE=-1]FS2004/FSX Scenery--RAAF Base East Sale (YMES), Victoria, Australia; The Home of the Roulettes. This scenery is part of an ongoing project to bring RAAF bases to life within the simulator utilising custom made models and where possible photographic textures. This version contains twin AFCADs that add a little more spice to your simming experiences. Developed foremost for FS2004 users, not tested but may work in FSX. By Mark Griggs.

Thanks Frank. Honestly, they should do another update with the wings in the VC model. Also, the battery master switch animation is backwards. There's a few other things that got missed, if they want to know about it.

Now this is why I loved Alphasim and bought just about everything they put out.

No P51s, no Spitfires or 737s. Cessnas,Pipers, Naaaaaaaa. We are talking cold war era jets! Black jets, jets with stars on em and funky green pits. Jets that lived at Edwards in the desert and the guys who flew em had a big brass pair of ...

The vr pits were good enough to suspend reality yet ran great on most any system so you could crank up your other graphics. I like the simplified autopilots and simply punching in the airport code,hitting direct to on the Gps is WONDERFULL! Yeah I know in todays sim world thats blasphemy. I also like my planes running when I load them lol.
    As the paywares matured over the years I loved the steep learning curve and became a systems junky but now that I am older I enjoy the simple planes.
    These early Alphasim jets hold a special place in my heart. I know I have racked up alot of time in the F-111 and always dreamed of a new and improved cockpit and HERE it is! I had forgotten about this one.
    I spend very little if any time staring at the external model except for landing replays so rivet counting has never been my thing. Being able to see a piece of the wing looking over my shoulder would be a plus but I am thankfull this great and rare bird was brought back to life.
    So Virtavia feel free to dig up,dust off and bring back any of the older cold era jets back to life for I will be buying.
    BTW- I would love a updated B-2, U-2, any of the black jets!

Quote Originally Posted by Montie View Post
    I bought it and I like it. I do however agree, that a little more shine, like on the VRS Superbug or Iris F-15E would not hurt.

OK, now what did you do to make that texture look much more lifelike? It looks like a whole other model, seriously and a very nice one at that!

If you only applied an easy fix, this one wll be mine payday. Thanks for sharing.

Matt
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    seems this site is not available anylonger. is this the correct web info?

yes the site is still working, if you check the first post in this thread there is a quick link

or the demo video link >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elE8UE1ZEcg

but back to this pig

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    OK, now what did you do to make that texture look much more lifelike? It looks like a whole other model, seriously and a very nice one at that!

If you only applied an easy fix, this one wll be mine payday. Thanks for sharing.

Matt
    That's what she looks like "out of the box" Matt. I just flew her again to verify. That's what I meant by don't look at the images shown in the scenery plug on page 5 or the old FS9 textures Bone displayed on page 1 -- those are not this model.
    :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    Now this is why I loved Alphasim and bought just about everything they put out.

No P51s, no Spitfires or 737s. Cessnas,Pipers, Naaaaaaaa. We are talking cold war era jets! Black jets, jets with stars on em and funky green pits. Jets that lived at Edwards in the desert and the guys who flew em had a big brass pair of ...

The vr pits were good enough to suspend reality yet ran great on most any system so you could crank up your other graphics. I like the simplified autopilots and simply punching in the airport code,hitting direct to on the Gps is WONDERFULL! Yeah I know in todays sim world thats blasphemy. I also like my planes running when I load them lol.
    As the paywares matured over the years I loved the steep learning curve and became a systems junky but now that I am older I enjoy the simple planes.
    These early Alphasim jets hold a special place in my heart. I know I have racked up alot of time in the F-111 and always dreamed of a new and improved cockpit and HERE it is! I had forgotten about this one.
    I spend very little if any time staring at the external model except for landing replays so rivet counting has never been my thing. Being able to see a piece of the wing looking over my shoulder would be a plus but I am thankfull this great and rare bird was brought back to life.
    So Virtavia feel free to dig up,dust off and bring back any of the older cold era jets back to life for I will be buying.
    BTW- I would love a updated B-2, U-2, any of the black jets!
    Couldn't agree more !

note: This nice repaint was created by Gregory Paul and the scenery is Military AI Works RAF Lakenheath.

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Couldn't agree more !

note: This nice repaint was created by Gregory Paul and the scenery is Military AI Works RAF Lakenheath.

On the top of the fuselage aft of the cockpit are 4 fuel vents. The FS9 paints need to have these vents taken off the paint, and the single vent added into the corner of the bottop paint file. The FSX paints have one paint swatch that is good for all four places. In the photo above you can see where the four dark vents (fs9) are offset to the four lighter vents (fsx).

FS9 paint:

FSX paint:

I couldn't resist

and I bought it today.
    Not so bad.
    Added my B-52 CS Weapons dropping bombs; works good.

Attachment 61614

Attachment 61615

Here's a few shots. Sorry if they look washed out. My ENB config needs some work (any suggestions on settings?):

Attachment 61630Attachment 61631Attachment 61632Attachment 61633Attachment 61634Attachment 61635
    Ark
    --------------------------
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"
    Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    On the top of the fuselage aft of the cockpit are 4 fuel vents. The FS9 paints need to have these vents taken off the paint, and the single vent added into the corner of the bottop paint file. The FSX paints have one paint swatch that is good for all four places. In the photo above you can see where the four dark vents (fs9) are offset to the four lighter vents (fsx).
    Thanks for sharing Bone! I think I can fix this old 1024 pixel FS9 repaint myself, I really like it because the camo colours are done very well imho. I hope someday someone will (re)do repaints like this for the old Upper Heyford and Lakenheath 111's in 2048 pixel size.

Thanks for the screenshots, friends!

Quote Originally Posted by robertorizzo View Post
    and I bought it today.
    Not so bad.
    Added my B-52 CS Weapons dropping bombs; works good.

Attachment 61614

Attachment 61615

Hi,

Great news!
    Please send me the weapon pack Mk-82 settings
    Thank you!
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Hi Zsoltquack, it's not mine, I just installed it on my F-111 from my previous Cap Sim B-52.
    You can find it in Captainsim forum, CS weapons, look for B-52 bombing computer by barney, (it's now on the second page).
    80 MK-82 and 4 nuke bombs.

I downloaded and I know, but I thought you were restructured...
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Thanks for sharing Bone! I think I can fix this old 1024 pixel FS9 repaint myself, I really like it because the camo colours are done very well imho. I hope someday someone will (re)do repaints like this for the old Upper Heyford and Lakenheath 111's in 2048 pixel size.
    Lol, it should be a piece of cake as compared to painting the T-2C.

I can tell you one thing that has not changed since the FS9 version.

SPEED !!

The only other plane I have thats faster is the SR-71.

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post

Matt
    Those shots are straight out of the box, I have not done anything to change the way the textures look. Maybe my Enb series settings play tricks with the colors, not sure... The screenshots have only been resized

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case