Payware VIRTAVIA - F-111 AARDVARK FSX released - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Payware VIRTAVIA - F-111 AARDVARK FSX released

I got burned with the EA-6B that didn't have wing views and the nav lights were floating in the air. RAZBAM got it right. This one doesn't either?

Bone, I have to ask, do you work for Virtavia?

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    That looks pretty darn nice to me!

SOH 2012: "This plane has less detail than the actual aircraft sitting at the local air museum. I will not buy it until I cannot tell them apart!"

SOH 2013: "Why are there no new planes coming out for FSX anymore?"

That may be my favorite quote of the year. :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by Snurdley View Post
    I got burned with the EA-6B that didn't have wing views and the nav lights were floating in the air. RAZBAM got it right. This one doesn't either?

Bone, I have to ask, do you work for Virtavia?
    Lol. That's a good one...nope, I don't work for Virtavia. However, I fly for an airline.

If you're looking to see what my creds are in order to rank my opinion on this matter (low, high, whatever), they are: ATPL with two type ratings, CFIIMEI (Gold Seal, and it's still current), Ground Instructor (advanced, Instrument), Total flight time=19,688; Jet PIC=11,150; Turboprop PIC=3072.

I have no vested interest here. I like the model, it's a nice balance, and it flys great. There are many here that are fantastic painters, and they tend to appreciate extreme detail, and may possibly spend more time looking at the beauty of an overbuilt model....and that's great because there is something for everyone in this gig. But, I'm a pilot, and I like to fly. This is good flying, and the VC is superb.

If you get it, enjoy! I'm going to bow out of this thread now, so you can PM me if you ever wanna talk pilot stuff.

Cheers to all.

So...I have to ask...if you are strapped nice and tight into the F-111....can you see the wings and ord from the seat?

Mod's...what happen to the annoucement only threads? One again another product is being trashed and frankly.......I think it stinks. I left the scale aircraft modeling hobby even after being a successful IPMS competition modeler because the "HOBBY" got overwhelmed with the rivet counters who were NEVER satisfied.......I'm beginning to get that feeling here and now and it sucks.

I saw how razbam was complemented on a plane which shape is all wrong and sits completely wrong on the ground......but wait....you can see the wings from the cockpit. Amazing............

I have to say....I wonder why sometimes I even come here anymore. My only draw here lately have been the threads by Bomber 12th......thank god for him and his awesome planes.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    So...I have to ask...if you are strapped nice and tight into the F-111....can you see the wings and ord from the seat?

Mod's...what happen to the annoucement only threads? One again another product is being trashed and frankly.......I think it stinks. I left the scale aircraft modeling hobby even after being a successful IPMS competition modeler because the "HOBBY" got overwhelmed with the rivet counters who were NEVER satisfied.......I'm beginning to get that feeling here and now and it sucks.

I saw how razbam was complemented on a plane which shape is all wrong and sits completely wrong on the ground......but wait....you can see the wings from the cockpit. Amazing............

I have to say....I wonder why sometimes I even come here anymore. My only draw here lately have been the threads by Bomber 12th......thank god for him and his awesome planes.
    AMEN!

I'm glad someone came out and said exactly how I feel.

As to the F-111. I'm enjoying it. It is what it is. Nobody holding anyone hostage, and forcing them to buy it if they don't like it. Spend your money elsewhere if its not to your standards.

With that I am truly out of here!

Bill

AI RAAF Varks & scenery

<center style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; ">FS2004/FSX Scenery--RAAF Base East Sale
    </center><center style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; ">[ Download | View ]</center>
    Name: raafbaseeastsale_ymes.zip Size: 13,672,050 Date: 03-18-2011 Downloads: 773
    FS2004/FSX Scenery--RAAF Base East Sale (YMES), Victoria, Australia; The Home of the Roulettes. This scenery is part of an ongoing project to bring RAAF bases to life within the simulator utilising custom made models and where possible photographic textures. This version contains twin AFCADs that add a little more spice to your simming experiences. Developed foremost for FS2004 users, not tested but may work in FSX. By Mark Griggs.

AI pack here: https://sites.google.com/site/shess0757/FSX-Downloads

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

So you can be critical of the RAZBAM model but I can't be of the F-111? Interesting. I guess my criticism is valid only if you aree with it? I'll be the first to buy good payware, but when I see a basic lack of research or corners being cut that shouldn't, then I feel I have every right to be critical. Anyone should. It can only help the developer in the long run, if they are willing to listening. But in this touchy-feely world we live in it seems that any criticism brings howls of 'how dare they'. Freeware, that's a whole different ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    If you're looking to see what my creds are in order to rank my opinion on this matter (low, high, whatever), they are: ATPL with two type ratings, CFIIMEI (Gold Seal, and it's still current), Ground Instructor (advanced, Instrument), Total flight time=19,688; Jet PIC=11,150; Turboprop PIC=3072.
    Yeah....but can ya' dance?!?!? lol
    Ark
    --------------------------
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"
    Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine1 View Post
    The exterior detail of this model is not good simple as that. It appears to lack basic detail. It will take some painter to bring it to a decent level. Depending on paint kit quality.

I am not going to sugar coat this in anyway, but as a experienced F-111 researcher of some 20+ years they could have done so much more with this.

They also need to do some correct research on the paint schemes applied to these models before release to public.

A8-125 did not serve in that scheme at any time as far as i know.

I have become a far more demanding customer of late, i no longer pay dollars out for inaccurate FSX products.

Aircraft or scenery.

And that's a no nonsense honest account of my thoughts here.

This post is not intended in being a developer bashing post in any way, i am just calling it as i see it.

If you ask for the publics money you must also accept what the public think good or bad.

Cheers.
    Obviously you've never made a mistake in your life.

Seriously, why not put your 20+ years research into making your own F-111 for FS, that way you get an aircraft that you want.

Thats precisely what I did in 2000 when I couldn't find a decent SR-71 for flight sim. Try it, ya never know!

Never said i don't make mistakes.

And i do not get into slanging matches on forums either.

Thank you.

Cheers.
    [SIGPIC].................[/SIGPIC]

Never said i don't make mistakes.

And i do not get into slanging matches on forums either.

Thank you.

Cheers.
    No slanging intended. I have no axe to grind, just think that constructive criticism is far more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    No slanging intended. I have no axe to grind, just think that constructive criticism is far more useful.
    No worries mate, it's all good.

At the end of the day i will say it is good to see a couple of F-111 models coming out for FSX.

It's been a long neglected aircraft in FSX.

Cheers.
    [SIGPIC].................[/SIGPIC]

No worries mate, it's all good.

At the end of the day i will say it is good to see a couple of F-111 models coming out for FSX.

It's been a long neglected aircraft in FSX.

Cheers.
    I completely agree. I remember seeing a gaggle of Lakenheath F models taking off, and always felt less enamoured with its replacement. The Aardvark is such a good looking, yet sinister and powerful aircraft.

not worth my breath........please see my below

So.....if we could get back onto the topic of the F-111..

I have a question for the painters in the group. With the newly released paintkit, how much more realistic can you make the Aardvark look? Can some of the bump textures be replicated in the skin paint? I agree that often times the panel lines and rivets are overdone, but I think it's part of what's missing or maybe its just the shadows or lack of in this current release. I will probably get this payday, as I mostly fly in the cockpit, but I do like taking snapshots of the externals to post in the forums.

Matt
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

I don't own this F-111 yet but I will Friday. I have looked at the template and frankly.....it looks good to me. All panel lines are on their own layer and I was able to use drop shadows to pop the panel lines......I think this along with some weathering and some panel lighting and darkening.....this plane will look just fine. I'm not a fan of the "bumpb" maps unless its used for skin wrinkles or something like that...........rivets tend to be over done, and panel lines are not raised in real life. I actually preferr a nice clean airframe with awesome paintjobs.

I also think and hope we can find someone to do a bake for the skins like IRIS does on their paintkits which will add shadows and shape to the airframe.

Thanks Skyhawk, looking forward to what you can do with it. Really liked the OV-10 stuff you did and still hoping for the Euro1 scheme if you ever get back into painting her.

Matt

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    So.....if we could get back onto the topic of the F-111..
    Excellent idea. Is it time for someone from Virtavia to chime in yet? :salute:

I just updated to the v1.1 release version. Loaded up a clean version of the FB-111A and looked out the window. I see shadows on the ground but no wing tips. It was discussed during development that at least the clean wing versions of each type would have would have the wings visible from the VC. Personally I don't get the requirement. When I fly I'm in the cockpit of this aircraft and flying it for the mission it was designed for I'm looking at the world in front of me. But I asked about it anyway and the reply was, "I trialed it and I could not see them, even at fully forward, unless I slewed to the side so far that the viewpoint cut through the canopy glass."

I suggested during development that the ability to add bump maps (normals) be included. They didn't have to be provided but the ability for some enterprising repainter to make their own should be possible. I asked about that as well and got this reply, "These were not included because there is very little which would benefit from the feature [have to agree with that] and even if there was, they would not work at all unless you have very high spec shine or reflective textures, neither of which are appropriate to the Vark. I'm not sure they understand this is a limitation."

So for what it's worth, that is the company line on the subject. I did a little checking and the aircraft number of the gray F-111C with the anniversary tail art should have been A8-113. Something for a repainter to address?

My part in all this? I researched the heck out of it and produced the panel line textures. When it was decided a week before Christmas that this product had to go out within 10 days I said I couldn't meet that requirement since I was going to be traveling and handed over my masters (panel lines, maintenance stencils (most of the latter were not used or missing for some reason)) and reference materials for the new subject textures I was painting. Now over two months later it is released. Several, actually all but maybe two, of the subjects I had planned are not included so there is plenty of opportunity for repainters.

Thanks Frank.

The more this thread go on, even if sometime it risks to fall into what we do not want to, the more I'm tempted to buy the F-111.
    Besides, I do not know what it is, but I feel "the other" is not so close in time.

So...I have to ask...**if you are strapped nice and tight into the F-111....can you see the wings and ord from the seat?
    *Mod's...what happen to the annoucement only threads? One again another product is being trashed and frankly.......I think it stinks. I left the scale aircraft modeling hobby even after being a successful IPMS competition modeler because the "HOBBY" got overwhelmed with the rivet counters who were NEVER satisfied.......I'm beginning to get that feeling here and now and it sucks.
    **I saw how razbam was complemented on a plane which shape is all wrong and sits completely wrong on the ground......but wait....you can see the wings from the cockpit. Amazing.
    *The 'announcement only threads' have been the subject of intense discussion on how to implent them in a fair and subjective fashion. Anything else will simply not do.
    **Different strokes and all that stuff. I must say that as far as we [and I believe I speak for my fellow behind the scenes co-workers] do not condone ANY unfair or derogatory comparisons between developers, Commercial or Freeware.

I [just me, myself] certainly agree on the scale modelling front, but I really could care less, given that I build from 'scratch' 90% of the time and only make one foray into the 'Nationals' with the sole objective of beating the 'shake and bake' lot.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

<CENTER style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0)">FS2004/FSX Scenery--RAAF Base East Sale
    </CENTER><CENTER style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0)">[ Download | View ]</CENTER>
    Name: raafbaseeastsale_ymes.zip Size: 13,672,050 Date: 03-18-2011 Downloads: 773
    FS2004/FSX Scenery--RAAF Base East Sale (YMES), Victoria, Australia; The Home of the Roulettes. This scenery is part of an ongoing project to bring RAAF bases to life within the simulator utilising custom made models and where possible photographic textures. This version contains twin AFCADs that add a little more spice to your simming experiences. Developed foremost for FS2004 users, not tested but may work in FSX. By Mark Griggs.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

For sure it's an aircraft that's interesting, and a lot of people here wanna know and see his features and capabilities, me first.
    Can I ask, to those that have already buy it, to post here some screenshots of internal/external views?
    Thanks

P.s.: sorry for my not perfect english

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Excellent idea. Is it time for someone from Virtavia to chime in yet? :salute:

I suggested during development that the ability to add bump maps (normals) be included. They didn't have to be provided but the ability for some enterprising repainter to make their own should be possible. I asked about that as well and got this reply, "These were not included because there is very little which would benefit from the feature [have to agree with that] and even if there was, they would not work at all unless you have very high spec shine or reflective textures, neither of which are appropriate to the Vark. I'm not sure they understand this is a limitation."

So for what it's worth, that is the company line on the subject. I did a little checking and the aircraft number of the gray F-111C with the anniversary tail art should have been A8-113. Something for a repainter to address?

My part in all this? I researched the heck out of it and produced the panel line textures. When it was decided a week before Christmas that this product had to go out within 10 days I said I couldn't meet that requirement since I was going to be traveling and handed over my masters (panel lines, maintenance stencils (most of the latter were not used or missing for some reason)) and reference materials for the new subject textures I was painting. Now over two months later it is released. Several, actually all but maybe two, of the subjects I had planned are not included so there is plenty of opportunity for repainters.
    I truly appreciate your input in all of this Frank. I have admittedly been hit and miss with some of the Virtavia releases. I absolutely love the C-17, luke warm about the Chinook and got a refund on the B-1. I really want to like this one too, as I have always loved the F-111 since I was a kid and saw them flying touch and go's in Holloman and various air shows at Scott. The cockpit is fantastic and looks like a true labor of love, but the exterior is just missing that final push in making me buy it now.

I'm not sure if Virtavia ever frequents these forums, but I would thank them for their efforts and more importantly, would hope they would take away the good and bad of these type threads. Heck, look at the Mudhen threads..serious critiques but both Iris and Milviz are listening and tweaking their birds appropriately and reaping the sales increase as an end result.

Anyway, I feel certain many painters will fill the void of what Virtavia didn't want to spend time on and it's a shame they didn't take your input more to heart and apply, as it seems as though you've certainly been listening and taking notes of what the consumer is seeking in their models. Does this mean your also going to apply your paints to the release as well? If so, then this can only get better.

Again, thanks for the input.

Matt

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    <center style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">FS2004/FSX Scenery--RAAF Base East Sale
    </center><center style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">[ Download | View ]</center>

Zsolt, thanks for the great looking sceneries. This is great stuff! Admittedly, wasn't sure if your AI was the actual Virtavia birds or not, looks that good.

Matt

Matt