Payware VIRTAVIA - F-111 AARDVARK FSX released
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Payware VIRTAVIA - F-111 AARDVARK FSX released

Payware VIRTAVIA - F-111 AARDVARK FSX released

just saw this

http://secure.simmarket.com/virtavia...vark-fsx.phtml

correct me if im wrong but this has nothing to do with this one >http://www.f111-fsx.com/ ????

is it me, or have they dropped the ball again with externals?

From my understanding, and from comparing both the VC images, and the news from f111-fsx.com, the latter is a completely different product, that is not yet released.

Thanks for the heads up Jeansy, I have always loved the Aardvark. For those that have the same fondness for this aircraft, Guy Diotte made a static model some time back. It can be downloaded from flightsim.com.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

I saw this and didn't wait 2 seconds to go and buy it. DL is done, and I'm gonna go give it a whirl. I really hope to see some wings from the VC.

Thanks for the HU, Jeansy.

Thanks for the alert jeansy - I grabbed this bird right away. I've got great memories of the F-111 at UK airshows gone by. :salute:

I really want this one too. I think I might await some feedback though. Anyone that own's it, can you comment on the TFR? Does it work? Also, anxiouosly awaiting screenshots.

Thanks for the heads up Jeansy. BTW, gonna do some Aussie repaints? I know it comes with one, just curious what some painters may have in mind for her.

Matt
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

The VC model and textures are quite nice and with some really nice wear and tear, but no external structures are visable...OK, I can deal with it, lol. The external model and textures aren't cram packed with every minute detail of the real jet, but they have it where it counts...and fps are very good. If you're like me in that you need a number of jets out there on the ramp and in the sky with you, this one has the fps goods to make that happen. I plugged in 8 of this jet into one of my fave FSrecorder formation sets, and with no drop in fps. It flies very nice, and fast.

I like this F-111 alot, however, I'm still going to buy the other F-111 when it comes out, simply because I feel like that dev needs some support.

I haven't used the TFR, or gotten in to the systems other than sitting in the VC clicking on every switch I could find. I need to read the manual.

I just tried out a few of my favorite Alphasim FS9 F-111 repaints, and the the paints work on this new model.

External screenshots seem quite "basic", don't they?

Charter Member 2012
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by robertorizzo View Post
    The F-111 always has been a rather "no frills" jet. IIRC, the real one never had a bunch of stuff hanging off the exterior (but I have only seen a few in-person).

Maybe ask Qaddafi. I think he's seen a few up close.
    Ark
    --------------------------
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"
    Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

Quote Originally Posted by robertorizzo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
    I agree.
    The external model isn't the most detailed, I agree. But, it's got detail that's a nice balance which makes it extremely flyable and fluid. There are models that have so much detail that they aren't very flyable, especially with a wingman. Since this is a flying simulator, and planes are normally flown from the cockpit, that's where the detail should really be. The VC is very detailed. Here's a few external shots using an FS9 repaint on this model, and some low level in New Mexico. I think it looks pretty good on the outside, albeit not the most detailed model there is, but plenty of detail that when you're flying formation with it, it's quite nice looking.

The vc looks excellent!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    The vc looks excellent!
    It actually looks much better than my screenies show it.

There are a ton of repaints for the FS9 model...which I have just about all of...and that's a big upside to this model.

Hey, thanks again for your help the other day.

The VC looks very good indeed.
    But the exterior model... seriously, is this a joke ?
    I mean, I know that we should avoid unconstructive criticism, but the above shots are showing something which seems quite far away from what Alphasim/Virtavia usually produces, don't you think ? o_0

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I mean, I know that we should avoid unconstructive criticism, but the above shots are showing something which seems quite far away from what Alphasim/Virtavia usually produces, don't you think ? o_0
    kinda my thoughts, thats how i felt with the last release (ch47)

im tempted but not entirely convinced with this one, for some reason i thought the other F111 was this one as merged project but this looks like a revamp of their older fs9 model , but its a good thing i guess theres another model in the works

the VC does look nice, but i cant help it as Daube says the exterior detracts from the overall package

is there external bump mappig including rivets?

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I think in all fairness to Virtavia, the shots Bone posted are of his FS9 skins and I agree, they look less than realisitic, however, I think if you look at their website pics, they're a bit more convincing with some panel lines showing and such. I do want a good Aardvark, but am awaiting Frank or some other rep from Virtavia to comment more about paint kit and features.

Matt
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

As Strykerpsg has noted, the external shots are with an FS9 paint. I'm not trying to sell anyone on it, and that's what I was using when I decided to start hitting the V key. There are plenty of screen shots of the external with the approved FSX paint on the Virtavia website and at Simmarket, so use those shots to make your mind up about it. I'm just passing on my thoughts, which overall I like it.

Simmers should judge it for what it is...a Virtavia/Alphasim model. It was only 24 Euros, and so far I've flown it for about 45 minutes. Tonight when I flew from Atlanta to New York, I burned $6642.37 worth of jet fuel, flight time 2:24. I'm going to a bar now, and most likely will spend more money on beer than what I paid for the F-111. Lol, just some perspective.

From the screenshots i saw undoubtfully VC looks good, very good, external is what it is, but if for framerates sake, is acceptable.
    So, may we say it is the best F-111 for FSX available at the moment? Weren't we waiting for a F-111?
    And this is the important thing.
    Thinking at it seriously, in this period I'm flying my old ugly abacus E-2 Hawkeye more than VRS F-18 beauty.
    It's a question of heart.

VC looks very nice but textures outside could be better.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Blog Entries
    I rushed out and bought this, and I’m left with rather mixed feelings. The cockpit is beautiful, the flight dynamics are good, it’s a very nice airplane to fly (though of course, I’ve never flown a real F-111), but the exterior model looks a little cartoon like.
    Maybe we have come to expect to much after models like theMILVIZ F-15?
    So to sum up my opinion, it’s a very nice model with a very poor exterior by today's standards, maybe I should have waited for the other one, we will have to wait and see!
    <o></o>
    Regards,
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post

is there external bump mappig including rivets?
    Maybe I'm wrong, but you don't get noticeable rivets worthy of bump mapping on fast jets. They're all flush with the panels for aerodynamics.

It looks great from where I'm sitting. A good high fps exterior model and a high detail VC is a good fun jet for FS that simmers without high end pcs can still enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    I rushed out and bought this, and I’m left with rather mixed feelings. The cockpit is beautiful, the flight dynamics are good, it’s a very nice airplane to fly (though of course, I’ve never flown a real F-111), but the exterior model looks a little cartoon like.
    Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    Maybe we have come to expect to much after models like theMILVIZ F-15?
    So to sum up my opinion, it’s a very nice model with a very poor exterior by today's standards, maybe I should have waited for the other one, we will have to wait and see!
    <o></o>
    Regards,
    Ian.

Lets also not forget that the Virtavia F-111 has 5 unique VCs. The exterior I'm sure will get the repainters brushes as most releases do. The exterior model itself looks flawless, but lacks minor detail. It just depends whether you spend your time flying from the outside or from within the VC.

Can someone post some hi res screenshots of their EF-111A please.

Could some of the adverse comments regarding the model stem from the fact it is so clean? If so, I am sure it will be "dirtied" up be repainters in due time.

Perhaps this is why some feel it is not very detailed?
    Ark
    --------------------------
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"
    Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

Well it looks very close to the old FS9 Alphasim F-111 that i still use in FSX, with a refurbished VC or, a 10 years old external model with 2012 virtual cockpit. And that's was I would have liked for my Alphasim. I'm sure our good repainters will do their work at the best.

I have always said...that the rivets are being overdone in FSX especially on fast jets, that and the panel lines which on some jets are raised....last time I check panel lines on the real fast movers....aren't raised. As to the textures....I am positive we will see some nice weathered textures come out......that is if Virtavia offers a nice layered paintkit unlike what Alphasim used to offer.